re: a high stress week and lori

great blog.regarding concerns with conflicting political views, the following couples seem to have found a way to make it work...Nancy & Ronald Reagan(Ronny was a Democrat before he met Nancy)Maria Shriver & Arnold SchwarzeneggerMary Matalin & James CarvilleErnie & Bert

Guest Anonymous
I love his last line "I'd hop on a plane to Michigan and marry her tomorrow"AwesomeFAG line and a half. Give me a break. he seems like he read L RON Hubbard and has now miraculously found himself. HE sounds like Tom Cruise. Just keep putting that money in the basket and I am sure the preacher will say God will treat you well.

WOW...pretty serious issues. But I can tell you from first person that you are not alone in this camp. I know it can feel like you are alone when it is going on.I have dated (serious long-term relationships) women I thought I would marry. We were "perfect" for each other.It was not until I met my wife that I realized that "perfect" does not equal the same beliefs, strengths or weaknesses. In fact, my wife and I have less in common than some might expect. Difference is what allows us to be individuals within a relationship. You hit the nail on the head Daniel...it is about flexibility, but not compromise. Change is not something that love requires or requests. Tollerance and an open mind are all that is needed.As for communication, I travel for a living and while my office is in Dallas, my family is in Chicago. My co-workers can not believe that me and my wife can survive on 3-4 60 second phone calls a day. We talk to each other during those conversations and not at each other. We listen, share and move on.I don't know if any of this helps, but it sounds like you are on the right path to happiness!

The key to any relationship lies not in what you may have in common, nor how much you may "like" each other.The essential element is the capacity to tolerate those qualities of your partner with which you may disagree.

I've never been one to enjoy prying into other people's lives but your writing inspires a certain connection with your audience, Daniel. Perhaps its your candour or some other intangible aspect but you've got me routing for you as if I knew you personally. I wish you all the best with Lori.

nbliss16Poker Forum NutGreat blog! You deserve it Daniel. She seems like a great women. Can't wait to see what happens with this.
She IS a great woman, and I can't wait to see what happens either!!!

When's the Daniel Negreanu movie coming out? Seriously the guys (and girls who play poker) would love all the poker and gambling action, and the love interests take care of the other women. Daniel = Edward NortonLori = Jamie from the Real World Daniel's mom = The mom from Everybody Loves RaymondJohn Juanda = Jackie Chan (Both seem very sneaky)EDOG = ??? it's a tough one

When's the Daniel Negreanu movie coming out? Seriously the guys (and girls who play poker) would love all the poker and gambling action, and the love interests take care of the other women. Daniel = Edward NortonLori = Jamie from the Real World Daniel's mom = The mom from Everybody Loves RaymondJohn Juanda = Jackie Chan (Both seem very sneaky)EDOG = ??? it's a tough one
EDOG = Mark Paul G. (Zach Morris) :club: Congrats though DN, sounds like you know what you want. Good Luck.

Way to go, Daniel. Better to regret something you did than something you didn't do. If Lori has a sister, throw her my way. I'm currently living on "I'm ugly, stupid, and no woman will ever love me" avenue, so... Once again, holla at your girl.Ice

censored line and a half. Give me a break. he seems like he read L RON Hubbard and has now miraculously found himself. HE sounds like Tom Cruise. Just keep putting that money in the basket and I am sure the preacher will say God will treat you well.
isn't cynicism wonderful?

Have to admit there was almost a tear my eye reading the blog. Good luck Daniel, it's so nice to see a man in love going after what he wants.

I like the public blog post. I hope Lori finds it endearing too.My suggestions... find some really good "future" marriage counseling. A really smart counselor who maps out your future (and not going so much into analysis of your past) and goals.

Way to go, Daniel.  Better to regret something you did than something you didn't do.  If Lori has a sister, throw her my way.  I'm currently living on "I'm ugly, stupid, and no woman will ever love me" avenue, so...  Once again, holla at your girl.Ice
Actually she has two sisters, but they are both already happily married. :club:
When's the Daniel Negreanu movie coming out? Seriously the guys (and girls who play poker) would love all the poker and gambling action, and the love interests take care of the other women.  Daniel = Edward NortonLori = Jamie from the Real World  Daniel's mom = The mom from Everybody Loves RaymondJohn Juanda = Jackie Chan (Both seem very sneaky)EDOG = ??? it's a tough one
EDOG= Matt DamonLori= Lucy LiuJuanda= Jet Li (Chan's too old)

hey everyone....had to finally sign up ONLY because of this Daniel entry and the following part of his quote:Sure we still have those issues. The "big three" Religion, Politics, and raising our children. Big deal- I think we can work all of that out. If we fight about it, we fight about it. You can't agree on everything, but you can compromise.DANNY:No. Trust me, no matter what--- if any girl is the most wonderful girl in the World and you dont agree on the MAJOR parts of a marriage i.e how kids will be raised, religion, etc.,--do not get married! Stay friends, keep in touch, etc., but you are asking for trouble if you go into a liflong commitment while not being on the same page about these things...especially when kids start getting invoved---if you are not in agreement on how they are to be raised--its just asking for trouble!Not trying to be a naysayer, or anything--just food for thought!take care

When's the Daniel Negreanu movie coming out? Seriously the guys (and girls who play poker) would love all the poker and gambling action, and the love interests take care of the other women.  Daniel = Edward NortonLori = Jamie from the Real World  Daniel's mom = The mom from Everybody Loves RaymondJohn Juanda = Jackie Chan (Both seem very sneaky)EDOG = ??? it's a tough one
mmmmmmm jaime from the realworld...