Jj Facing Psb Bet On Flush Flop

Played 2 other hands with villian, oddly enough, both with JJ and both with him in BB.Hand 1: Stole his blind with 4xbb betHand 2: He flat called my 4xbb bet, he check/folded to 6xbb bet on 9 5 5 board. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownBB (t2900)UTG (t3280)UTG+1 (t2910)MP1 (t2980)MP2 (t3060)MP3 (t2900)CO (t2960)Hero (t2850)SB (t3160)Preflop: Hero is Button with J :club: , J :D . 4 folds, MP3 raises to t80, 1 fold, Hero raises to t240, 2 folds, MP3 calls t160.Flop: (t510) 5 :D , 9 :D , 8 :D(2 players)MP3 bets t460, Hero ?.Final Pot: t510No other reads outside of posted hands. This is the first time he opened a pot.

I'm guessing the lack of responses is because this is a f*cking hard decision...hahaOne of the toughest spots in hold em in my opinion. Some things to help you make a decision here:A. Villain has already put in 25% of his stack, and it's early. He is telling you he's very close to committed to the pot. B. He flat called your raise pre-flop and then led out. Last time he flat-called you pre flop, he check folded when he missed. Unless he is a thinking player, this probably means he hit the board or is on a big flush draw. This almost feels like he is testing you with a big pair and/or a big club, and wants to take it down right there. IMO it's a push or fold scenario.

Probably a push. Only hands that wouldn't give you the right odds to go all the way here are QQ-AA and of course a made flush but that's a little unlikely.

Probably a push. Only hands that wouldn't give you the right odds to go all the way here are QQ-AA and of course a made flush but that's a little unlikely.
This sentence seems confusing to me...You have a very vulnerable hand right now, just one pair that is unlikely to improve. I muck here.Also, early in these double stacked mtt's, I'll often just call w/ pairs 22 all the way through JJ or even QQ early just to have a positional advantage w/ a disguised premium hand. Sometimes it allows you to get outdrawn by weak Ax and Kx hands, but it's a technique that has kept me out of difficult pre-flop and post decisions.

My gut reaction is to shove this hand. AK,AQ, tt are all part of his range. I don't think AA, KK, or even QQ are going to flat call, but instead reraise. He is making it seem as though he is committed to the hand. Without analyzing it completely, I think we are ahead way more than we are behind.However, with thinking this one through completely. I think it's a marginal situation at best, and that we have tons and tons of time to make up our chip stack.So, in conclusion. I would fold it.

You have a very vulnerable hand right now, just one pair that is unlikely to improve. I muck here.
I dont know if its right nor not, but this is exactly what I did. In this position pre-flop, I flat probably 60%, raise 40%. I raised specifically here becayse the SB had been loose pre-f and I didnt want him to see the flop with us for cheap. I usually shy away from marginal situations early in tourneys, especially double stack like this one, and that was the reason for fold. Any other opinions?
You have a very vulnerable hand right now, just one pair that is unlikely to improve. I muck here.
But a pair that is probably good or at least 50-50. Which means you should probably be going all the way with it.You could flat call and push the turn only if a small non club card comes on the turn, but i'd personally just get it allin.I think it depends a lot on how conservative you wanna play in this spot.
But a pair that is probably good or at least 50-50. Which means you should probably be going all the way with it.You could flat call and push the turn only if a small non club card comes on the turn, but i'd personally just get it allin.I think it depends a lot on how conservative you wanna play in this spot.
Why would you get the money in, when you even yourself we could be a coinflip situation? We aren't anywhere near the danger area with our chips. And we can fold and still have a ton of chips.Is this coin-flip for stacks going to make that big of a difference this early in the tournament?

I agree with Ecart that this decision is a lot more about your playing style early in tournaments.A lot of players like to push small edges hard early in tournaments, a lot like DN make their priority not going broke.

I agree with Ecart that this decision is a lot more about your playing style early in tournaments.A lot of players like to push small edges hard early in tournaments, a lot like DN make their priority not going broke.
Gratzi for that, makes sense to me.I still say fold though.
Gratzi for that, makes sense to me.I still say fold though.
Grazie :club: I have no idea why people are pushing more than 100bb into this ugly flop the first round of a double stack tournament. If you are starting w/ 1500 chips, I can understand it a lot more.