Official 2008 Negreanu Open Thread!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Limit O8 next week? Urgh, thats not gonna move me up the leaderboard!
It's my first real chance in a non-horse week to make some noise, I'm all for it. :club:
  • 2 weeks later...

i suggest blinds to go up every 12 minutes rather than 15. i know the more time per blinds, the more skill and less luck, BUT these 40 people tournaments take 5 hours! and if u get to the last 4 people u will be playing for a very long period of time! its only a $10 tournament :club: ....

i suggest blinds to go up every 12 minutes rather than 15. i know the more time per blinds, the more skill and less luck, BUT these 40 people tournaments take 5 hours! and if u get to the last 4 people u will be playing for a very long period of time! its only a $10 tournament :club: ....
i'd be curious to hear some feedback from some of the rest of the regulars on this.from my understanding in the past everyone liked the double chips starting out and the longer blinds.if it is getting where the are lasting too long we can shorten them for the next quarter.
i'd be curious to hear some feedback from some of the rest of the regulars on this.from my understanding in the past everyone liked the double chips starting out and the longer blinds.if it is getting where the are lasting too long we can shorten them for the next quarter.
this would be a terrible idea for the HORSE tourneys. would probably matter less for NLHE, but it would suck something awful for a limit tourney in a mixed game setting. part of what i like about the negos is that they allow me to experiment with new lines and tactics against fairly decent players in a cheap buyin setting without risking a lot of money. if we make them too much of a gambool in terms of structure, people will be playing preflop or 3rd street poker too often and make that element of these disappear. believe it or not, i can improve as a player while drinking whiskey. :)imo.
this would be a terrible idea for the HORSE tourneys. would probably matter less for NLHE, but it would suck something awful for a limit tourney in a mixed game setting. part of what i like about the negos is that they allow me to experiment with new lines and tactics against fairly decent players in a cheap buyin setting without risking a lot of money. if we make them too much of a gambool in terms of structure, people will be playing preflop or 3rd street poker too often and make that element of these disappear. believe it or not, i can improve as a player while drinking whiskey. :)imo.
Let's take him out back and beat the shit out of him.

Razz is a poker game played just like 7 Card Stud Except you have to make the best low hand instead of high.The Wheel (A,2,3,4,5) is the best possible hand in Razz and Ace's always play low. Good Luck playing! And keep your eyes open for me Pkrchef26!

It's there under Negreanu Open - $11 Razz. Tournament #71969170

I figured the idea of a FCP private tournament was for it to be actual poker, not a turbo pre-flop donk fest. I really like the current structure. I can play anytime I want in turbo, double turbo's, triple turbo's, but really enjoy that there is some poker to be played in these for a resonable small buy-in. I can only speak to the Tuesday night games (scheduling conflict until end of bowling season on Wednesday), but I would suggest structure stays the same. Also, thank you DNA for putting the time in to organize these events and you efforts to seek out feedback to improve tourny. Just my 2 cents worth.VEGAS IN 20 DAYS BABY!!

the horse we played yesterday was beautiful... we finished in like 3 hours and something :club: ... the blinds were perfect ..... but the one we played last week, that was a killer man! for next week i hope the antes will go up just like yesterday, every 12 minutes, instead of 15 like beforeedit: i just saw the leaderboard, lol.... i made the most final tables :D .... the one when i finished 8th in the 27TD doesnt count right?

the horse we played yesterday was beautiful... we finished in like 3 hours and something :D ... the blinds were perfect ..... but the one we played last week, that was a killer man! for next week i hope the antes will go up just like yesterday, every 12 minutes, instead of 15 like beforeedit: i just saw the leaderboard, lol.... i made the most final tables :D .... the one when i finished 8th in the 27TD doesnt count right?
Actually I think technically my script counts the final 8 on the mixed league and final 9 on the nlhe nights for the final table so if you finished 8th and the final table was really 7 then you got credit for making the final table. I'll have to make an adjustment for future references. Enjoy the inflated ego of having an extra final table on your stats for now :club:
Actually I think technically my script counts the final 8 on the mixed league and final 9 on the nlhe nights for the final table so if you finished 8th and the final table was really 7 then you got credit for making the final table. I'll have to make an adjustment for future references. Enjoy the inflated ego of having an extra final table on your stats for now :club:
i am so happy that i've made the most final tables.... its almost like beating Phil Hellmuth's record of 11 bracelets! .... lol, i just wanned to say that the tournament for tommorow is not on the list on PS, i can't register :D .... thus i cant make another final table :D ....
i am so happy that i've made the most final tables.... its almost like beating Phil Hellmuth's record of 11 bracelets! .... lol, i just wanned to say that the tournament for tommorow is not on the list on PS, i can't register :club: .... thus i cant make another final table :D ....
It's there, Tournament # 71969178, Stud 8 or better. You'll be able to register 24 hours before the start time.
Leaderboard is current
Great. But now your link is gone in your sig and I don't know how to get there.
hey, can we also have a stud hi tournament? or a Pot limit holdem one? or is it too late ?!
We can look into this for the 3rd quarter, I have already submitted the 2nd quarter schedule to Poker Stars. You will be happy to know the 2nd quarter Starts and Ends with Razz!