How Do You Play This?

No real read on Villian... PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t5675)SB (t2745)BB (t3865)UTG (t1955)UTG+1 (t2535)Hero (t5211)MP2 (t4274)MP3 (t1375)CO (t7116)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8diamond.gif, 8club.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to t389, MP2 calls t389, 5 folds.Flop: (t1003) 2diamond.gif, 7club.gif, 6diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets t575, MP2 raises to t1150, Hero calls t575.Turn: (t3303) Qheart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets t1050, Hero calls t1050.River: (t5403) Jspade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets t1685 (All-In), Hero calls t1685.Final Pot: t8773

I use those kinda of preflop raises myself. So i don't mind it.In this situation i'd probably check the flop and see what he does. Then either c/r or flat call depending on the opponent. If he checks behind i make a c-bet on the turn.As played i'd probably fold after being raised on the flop. It's gonna be really hard to play this oop. His positional advantage wins him the hand here.

If you're going to call down to the river after he raises the flop, push on the flop instead.I'm not certain about how to play this postflop.I think i'd check call the flop then c/f the turn if he bet again because i doubt he's double barreling into the PF raiser with air.If he checks behind the flop, i'd probably check the turn again and hope he checks behind to.Basicaly when you're hand is vunerable, you don't have much info on your opponents hand, and you're out of position, it can be a smart move to play passively and try to get to a showdown cheaply.I don't hate betting the flop as it's probably what i do on auto-pilot, but if he calls or raises you face more difficult decisions in a bigger pot over the full three streets. Checking the flop and turn keeps the pot and action controlable in a situation where you could already be drawing to two outs.

This is kind of a tough hand to play. I think I like Sheiky's flop check line better than betting out, because it's just easier, and you need to mix up your play by not always c-betting.Once you bet and he min-raises you, you are getting roughly 3:5 pot odds if you move all in on the flop, which means you need approximately 37.5% equity. With absolutely no reads, it's pretty much a crapshoot whether you have it or not. If you knew your opponents' tendencies, you could make a more educated estimate of his hand range.But I think if you call the flop instead of pushing, you should have a plan (for example, what are you going to do if an Ace hits, if a diamond hits, if a total blank hits). Here, I can see arguments in favor of just pushing the turn when the queen hits (for example, if he has a flush draw, he will not be getting the odds to chase any more, plus you are representing AQ and you might make him fold TT or 99). But I don't like check-calling because I wouldn't expect an unknown to continue to run a bluff in this situation. I think I probably fold to the bet, because when he bets here, you are usually behind. But if you decide he is bluffing and you are going to call down, you have to stick with your read and call the river too, like you did.

Preflop is fine. Flop bet is fine too. Everything else just doesnt make sense. The only way your line works if you put him exactly on 33 or 55 or something like that and knew he would bluff away his chips.Without reads, you are just being a calling station. Facing a reraise, with that many chips in the pot you need to make a decision right there. Your either going to give up the hand, push your eights, or call and push any card you deem to be a "scare card" for him on the turn.What hand do you expect to beat on the river? Only AK, A7, 89, or 45 that I can think of and the last two both probably check behind on turn for a free card.