A2 On 345 Board In Plo/8

Playing bodog. PLO/8 1-2. I have A2kk not suited in the SB. Raise to $4 with 6 players in and I call along with BB.Flop is rainbow 345. I check and two other do too. Mid position bets 1/2 pot , one caller to me. I call and two behind me do too. 5 players to turn. 9 comes off meaning nothing. 3 checks again including me, then the same guy pots it. 1 caller to me.I am guessing at least one behind me calls here too. I gotta fold this right? I am quartered at best and probably looking at a 67, 26 or even worse a26 at least.Been playing about 5 minutes when this came up.

not sure about checking the flop and then flat calling....I would think you would push or bet out.....getting quartered has to be on the mind when playing hi low :club: shit...you hit the wheel and now think about folding? I guess thats why I try to play hi and not the hi low crap strictly for this reason :)i guess your objective here is to keep the pot low as possible...worse comes to worse,,you call and get all the other callers,,maybe they are splitting the hi or chasing hoping the board pairs...maybe you'll get lucky and scoop the lo? but at least having the other callers the quarter that you expect wont be that bad?!?!?! Would like to hear opinions from the experts :D

Is Fold actually an option at this point? I would like to hear the rationale behind this, I'm not a hi-lo expert but I don't think I would fold A2 at this point
It is pot limit hi lo, not limit. Later streets are huge bets and I need to expect that. I have put maybe 10 bucks into this pot, but if I call a pot bet on the turn and river, I will lose over 50 expecting to be quartered at best and possibly only get 1/6. That was my rationale.

the hand converter might help too cause I am trying to work out the money in the pot and it seems like there is a decent amount in there...so if you do end up getting quartered,,,you might just be getting your money back...shit,,you might have 2 hi and 2 lows..You might even get the lo end...I dunno..as long as an A or 2 doesnt come on the river.......

It's ugly, and I can rarely make this fold, but I think you can definitely make a case for folding the turn. If your description is accurate then you put in $4 preflop, and 6 others did so $28. Then half pot on flop with 5 callers for $14 is $70, total $98. So you've put in $18. A turn half pot is $49. Very tough... Getting 1/6 would be a disaster, but getting 1/4 with at least 3 others in is break even. But then a river bet may come (so stack sizes would be useful to know - if a few of your opponents are nearly all in that reduces your risk).Ya, if the hand could be converted with stack sizes etc that would help (but not sure if Bodog converts).

against semi-aggressive opponents, i am content to get it all in on the flop. against bad opponents, i wet myself doing so. against good opponents, i pot/fold the flop to make them think about what you're thinking about on the turn.this shouldn't be a turn decision, is what i'm sayin'.

i pot/fold the flop to make them think about what you're thinking about on the turn.this shouldn't be a turn decision, is what i'm sayin'.
There is the advice I was looking for and this makes perfect sense. Check/calling the flop is horrible. I am in early position here. Perhaps, due to action a c/r would be decent to put huge pressure on the the two or three possible lows to act behind me. But without knowing what the action would be, not throwing out a pot bet would be bad in first position.All stacks in question had enough to call a pot turn without being all in. Which we all did. It was stupid of me not to bet the flop and not to fold the turn. The river didn't matter. We all checked around to the aggresor who potted the river. Wish I remembered it better, but I called first, two others called behind me putting both of them all-in. The last guy to act shoved all in and we all ended up putting all our money in - at that point 1/6th was better than folding which I knew was all I was getting. The idiot who check raised the river all-in from a later position only had A2. I had A2, one other had A2. Another guy had 26 and the original aggresor had 67xx.Again I wish I remember this better and Bodog is horrible with hand history but this is the basic story. I cannot figure out how to even find it. Either way I got 1/6 and lost a lot of money in the hand.
The idiot who check raised the river all-in from a later position only had A2.
Yet another argument to legalize caning.
Yet another argument to legalize caning.
think about this. by them never ever folding the nut low and being willing to put all their chips in the middle with it every time, and by you knowing this, they are turning it into a game of chicken in which you lose either way.
think about this. by them never ever folding the nut low and being willing to put all their chips in the middle with it every time, and by you knowing this, they are turning it into a game of chicken in which they lose either way.
FYPValid point.
nope. they win the game of chicken. you win because its easy to exploit what they are doing.
OK, I thought you meant by knowing what they are doing we can exploit it at the appropriate times.
OK, I thought you meant by knowing what they are doing we can exploit it at the appropriate times.
antistuff is right. basically what someone shoving a2 is doing is assuming that solid but fairly nitty players are not going to go any further with the hand, and thus, they're forcing someone off half a pot somewhere when pretty much the worst that can happen to them is that they lose 1/4 of a stack if all goes to hell. most of the time, they'll get 1/2 a pot and win a couple bucks. this has a side benefit of looking somewhat overly aggressive, and will get them a lot more calls in the future from players like you. i think. :club:

You drastically need to put in a bet/raise before you had to make this decision.If you checkraise that flop for information you push just about everything except the nuts off the hand (in which case you can make an easy decision) and you get to be the player pushing off the other nut lo's.If you play it that slowly then you probably dont have much of a choice but to fold.