Villain is 14.1/2.6 over 78 hands. Cant remember my image but its normally pretty LAG-TAG.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)CO ($78.95)Moneyball ($107.75)SB ($105.35)BB ($20.60)UTG ($97.50)UTG+1 ($48.85)MP1 ($94.35)MP2 ($56.30)Preflop: Moneyball is Button with 9 :D , Q :D . 5 folds, Moneyball raises to $3, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2.Flop: ($9) J :) , Q :) , Q :club:(3 players)SB bets $3, BB folds, Moneyball raises to $10, SB calls $7.Turn: ($29) 7 :D(2 players)SB checks, Moneyball bets $19, SB calls $19.River: ($67) 3 :D(2 players)SB checks, Moneyball bets $75.75 (All-In)?Im wondering about my bet sizing and also just on how I played the hand.

If thats the case do you think I should just be calling the flop, checking behind on the turn, checking behind on the river or betting less on the river?

I'd bet a lot less on the river because i don't think he has a queen, and when you overbet the pot on the river like this is normaly to get called by worse Qx hands.From the way he's played it i think you should be betting the river with the aim of getting called by weaker hands, so i'd bet something in the area of $40-50.

Yeah, I think his most likely holding here is a strong-ish J or maybe a mid PP. I think the shove prob doesn't get called by either of those. I dunno, maybe v-town 1/2 the pot or something. I'm not gonna be much help on this, cuz I suck at NL, but it was just something that came to my mind as I read the hand first, at least on the river. I just couldn't find a hand we beat that's paying us off for a shove.

I like the flop raise and sizes of the bets preflop, on the flop, and on the turn.I hate the all-in on the river though. It looks like he's probably got a jack with a decent kicker, but I think he folds to an all-in on the river putting you on a queen or even KK, AA.I'd throw in a bet of like $25 on the river, if he check raises the river all-in I don't know what I'm doing though, probably calling?

ya the flop raise is fine...i like the turn bet size anywhere between 18-24 and it looks like a pocket pair, a J or T9/KTtheres almost no way that this is a Q ever, making the river bet horriblethe river i dont think i play for max value tho...this is something i like to do vs donksi bet realllly small like 15-201. youll get value from a pocket pair and a jack2. you give villian a chance to shove a missed draw like KT or T9 so you give him the apperance of fold equityit actually works pretty well because some people just cant stand giving up potsbut as played, the river shove is bad, just because if your playin any competant player you will get a call here almost zero percent of the time that you are ahead

I hope you're not making that button raise to take the blinds.a Big leak IMO is people raising the button in a fullring cash games because it folds to them.also, i agree wit everyone. the river bet should be much less. i really dont think he has a Q here. and it looks like he gave up the hand on the river with K,10s or something.

I hope you're not making that button raise to take the blinds.a Big leak IMO is people raising the button in a fullring cash games because it folds to them.also, i agree wit everyone. the river bet should be much less. i really dont think he has a Q here. and it looks like he gave up the hand on the river with K,10s or something.
thats a pretty standard raise....not necessarly to steal the blinds but your goning to pick up the hand on the flop a large part of the time
thats a pretty standard raise....not necessarly to steal the blinds but your goning to pick up the hand on the flop a large part of the time
I'm not saying, never do it. because I will raise any two from position if i've been cold for a whilewhich means it depends on his image, which he says is lag-tag. probably more on the lag side.so that being said, is it a chip spew since we know he C-bets this all day long when checked too.we talked about DN getting involved with Q8o in the sb. its different because he was OOP and didnt raise preflop.the preflop raise helps show strength, but now a days, so many players are focused on the position raise. And Tons of players love Not believing, and call because its a raise from position. in this case, its true. made a raise with a mediocre hand at best.

like i said before, the average player at 100nl isnt paying attention to imageyou should be looking to pick up pots whenever you can and taking advantage of situationsconsidering an average bb/100 isnt usually that big, every pot you steal is going to help improve/maintain your winrate

I'm not saying, never do it. because I will raise any two from position if i've been cold for a whilewhich means it depends on his image, which he says is lag-tag. probably more on the lag side.so that being said, is it a chip spew since we know he C-bets this all day long when checked too.we talked about DN getting involved with Q8o in the sb. its different because he was OOP and didnt raise preflop.the preflop raise helps show strength, but now a days, so many players are focused on the position raise. And Tons of players love Not believing, and call because its a raise from position. in this case, its true. made a raise with a mediocre hand at best.
If the blinds never believe it they are calling with hands worse than Q9s on average so we have the best hand a lot, have position and have the betting lead. Also when we do have a hand on the button we make more money.

I hate the shovewhat do you think he is check calling you with?if he had aa or kk i think he 3 bets pre i also think jj doesqj can call u pre so can aq and kq if you get called your crushed. I dont know that i even value bet this river.im checking the river behind here

I hate the shovewhat do you think he is check calling you with?if he had aa or kk i think he 3 bets pre i also think jj doesqj can call u pre so can aq and kq if you get called your crushed. I dont know that i even value bet this river.im checking the river behind here
ummm...thought process.........i guess hes rightyou dont have the nuts...dont bet
I hope you're not making that button raise to take the blinds.a Big leak IMO is people raising the button in a fullring cash games because it folds to them.
Preflop is 100% standard. Q9s is a sweet hand to open with on the button. I will typically open alot of even smaller suited Qs on the button and will raise this hand alot even before the button. The fact that its full ring makes the raise that much better imo. I just checked my stats for full ring and at a table with more than 6 players Im stealing the blinds with a button raise 59% of the time, and I also have a very laggy Attempt to steal%. Alot of even the winning regulars at FR play very poorly in bvb situations.What is your steal percentage at? Seriously I think this is a leak in your game if your standard line is you fold this hand here.
Villain is 14.1/2.6 over 78 hands. Cant remember my image but its normally pretty LAG-TAG.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)CO ($78.95)Moneyball ($107.75)SB ($105.35)BB ($20.60)UTG ($97.50)UTG+1 ($48.85)MP1 ($94.35)MP2 ($56.30)Preflop: Moneyball is Button with 9 :D , Q :D . 5 folds, Moneyball raises to $3, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2.Flop: ($9) J :) , Q :) , Q :club:(3 players)SB bets $3, BB folds, Moneyball raises to $10, SB calls $7.Turn: ($29) 7 :D(2 players)SB checks, Moneyball bets $19, SB calls $19.River: ($67) 3 :D(2 players)SB checks, Moneyball bets $75.75 (All-In)?Im wondering about my bet sizing and also just on how I played the hand.
Got rocked last night on this SAME hand when villain rivered 7 to go with his pocket sevens. He put half of his money in up to the river and found his 7.
ummm...thought process.........i guess hes rightyou dont have the nuts...dont bet
im not saying dont bet because he does not have the nuts. im saying the only thing that calls him crushes him, im fine with a bet here just not a shove, and I really dont hate a check behind at all.

Is that 59% actually just stealing?does it account for the times you pick up real hands on the button?stealing online is about 200x more common than live. its as simple as that. I dont make steal attempts on the button with Q,9s because in fullring live you very very rarely get a rotation folded around to you on button.

The 59% is just how often the blinds fold to my button steal with anything that I raise. 59% isnt terribly good though. When I first made the post I thought that the blinds folded 67% of the time to my button raise, but then later I edited it because I only filtered it for times when a flop wasnt seen and it never accounted for the 8% of the time I am reraised and folded(which was surprisingly high to me).