January Goals

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ thinking 2 tabling would change much.if you really think that zach...add a table after playing like 5, 10 min with a guy.just a thought...i obviously dont really care what you do, it's your money you're giving up- Jordan

lol @ thinking 2 tabling would change much.
it would. i's wear it. in HULHE there's just a lot of hands were it just feels like the time villain would make one play vs. another. if you're not paying strict attention it would be super easy to get outplayed. if you get outplayed 3 hands out of 100, your winrate goes from positive to breakeven.i'm not saying people can't multi-table HULHE really well, but i agree with zach that it's a lot harder to do profitably than multitabling NLHE or PLO.

So seems things are still the same here these days. First time jumping on fcp in a whileCongrats on solid month zach. Lets play at some point. 1 table of hu lhe seems pretty alright. Id imagine if you play the same person on more then one table it wouldnt be to bad but otherwise would def seem tough to play optimally.Jordan jump on aim. Havent seen you on in forever. Also I somehow just heard your message today from like 2 months ago. Im lazy and dont check voicemails to often so my bad on that =/Iggy find a game thats not ridiculously high variance. My roomate has similar issues to you i think. If you cant handle semi standard variance for the game you play probly best to find something different.As for me im just trudging along. Stepped back from high stakes and just play 5/10 nl these days. Working out of big downswing that happened higher so hopefully get there soon.

I actually tilt less playing PLO than just about anything. And I've got 160K hands averaging 8 PTBB/100, so I feel a little more confident there. I did tilt off my Stars roll a few days ago, but even so I've cashed out over $12,000 in the last 60 days, so it's not like I'm not getting anything out of my play.Also, I have been playing a little bit of NL lately since the PLO games don't run very consistently on Bodog and that's the only place I have money right now. That's about as low variance as it gets and the games are pretty damn soft. Like the other day I call a raise with J7s in the BB, lead out for $20 into a $30 pot on a 773 flop and A3 overbet shoves for $250. There are a ton of just really bad players like that.

I had a pretty solid day making 8 buyins at 25NL last night capped off by this gem. UTG liked to make overbet bluffs on the river. I was still pretty uncomfortable calling off 2 buyins though. I love partypokerParty PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $56.33UTG+1: $9.93CO: $10Hero: $76.81SB: $46.83BB: $9.40Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with :D:club: UTG calls $0.25 (pot was $0.35), UTG+1 calls $0.25 (pot was $0.6), CO (poster) checks, Hero raises to $1.75, SB calls $1.65 (pot was $2.6), BB folds, UTG calls $1.5 (pot was $4.25), UTG+1 calls $1.5 (pot was $5.75), CO folds.Flop: :D:):D ($7.5, 4 players)SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $5.25, SB folds, UTG calls $5.25 (pot was $12.75), UTG+1 raises all-in $8.18, Hero calls $2.93 (pot was $26.18), UTG calls $2.93 (pot was $29.11).Turn: :) ($32.04, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $32.04)UTG checks, Hero checks.River: :D ($32.04, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $32.04)UTG raises all-in $46.4, Hero calls $46.4 (pot was $78.44).Results:Final pot: $124.84UTG shows 9c Ah UTG+1 doesn't show 8h 9h Hero shows Ts Th

I havn't played live since Sunday and I've only worked out once this month. Work has gotten pretty long lately. I can't wait to do some grinding this weekend.

Played the most hands I've played in any month so far.. has been the most up and down month i've ever had. Once i compile all my hands onto one computer I'll have to make a graph. I can't ever remember running this bad although I'm sure I have and it couldn't come at a worse time.

why bet the turn? I like checking
With the side pot being completely dry, a ) the likelihood of him firing on the river as a bluff is greatly reducedb ) the likelihood of him calling a value bet with a shitty pair on the river is reduced because he knows that you cant be betting with airc ) the likelihood of him check/raise bluffing the turn is pretty smallAnd despite the fact that it's a less than ideal turn, your hand figures to be ahead of his range. Bet because you want to either be called by those worse hands, or have him fold because he is for sure drawing live.

This guy was a little different.Every single time I shecked the turn in position he would overbet the pot on the river. That's how I got a large stack in the first place.

Well, I busted my Stars account last Saturday and in the meantime, I've gotten almost all of it back as I put $150 on Bodog on Sunday and have already run it up to $5200 after cashing $1000 out. I won $1700 of that at 5/10 PLO which was probably bad, but I never bought in more than $500 and I'm not too worried. Played a little bit of both types of hold'em this week too and won making me really confident going into LA. I'm ready to go have a fun trip starting tomorrow and come back better than ever. Wish me luck y'all. Cobalt, check your internet and I'll get a hold of you some time later in the week and we'll go get a drink or have dinner or something. If you're not going to be on the internet, then PM me your cell number before you leave and I'll get a hold of you some time while I'm down there. My friends are all leaving on Thursday anyway, so I won't have anyone to hang out with next weekend.

OK, **** poker. I'm starting to think I should actually go to Gamblers Anonymous. Too bad I had my life plan all wrapped up in this stupid shit. At the very least, I think I need a good therapist.

OK, **** poker. I'm starting to think I should actually go to Gamblers Anonymous. Too bad I had my life plan all wrapped up in this stupid shit. At the very least, I think I need a good therapist.
Not meanin to sound like a dick, but i don't think that would be a bad idea given some of the posts i've read from you on this forum.