January Goals

i can't even play poker anymore now that i am back in usa. The trifecta of getting high, eating good food, and hanging with friends is the absolute nuts right now.
dude, you have issues.thats when i crave to play. when i'm feeling happy and full, and no cares in the world.when i'm alone and bored i hate playing poker.maybe i'm different than most of you.. who knows.
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday was very disappointingplayed the HU 20+2 and played great, i really enjoy HU, got 12th if i remember correctly the dude that beat me was a total luckbox. Inspired me to play a couple small HU sng's first one hand #1 i get KK raise he folds hand #2 i pick up JJ he raises i rr he shoves i call AKs v JJ i lose flip grrrr. Second HU sng is a 4 man sng. first guy is total donk but keeps getting lucky on me when he gets short, over shoves a bunch, i know that its a matter of time before i get his stack, i limp on button with QT (which i dont normally do but blinds high and he was short) he riases i call flop is ten high ragged and he open shoves about 2x the pot i call he has 99. Next opponent is another total nutball. If he rr it is min and he open shoves the flop. So just a matter of time. relatively soon i r with A9s he min rr i call i get flush draw he shoves i call he has 77 so have overs and flush i hit flush on turn he is crippled. next hand i have 33 i open push he calls with A2 and hits an A. 2 hands later i have AA he ends up spiking a set and we are back to even... back and forth he is luckboxing on me or calling down ridiculously light... final hand I raise w/ 99 he min rr i shove and he is up 3:2 in stack sizes not committed at all he calls relatively quckly with......... 78o and flops two pair i dont improve. I proceed to hurt myself for a frustrating day of poker..Today I played a 20 tourny did well went deepish and blew my stack off on two bluffs that i think should have worked the majority of the time meh. While i was playing that i was donking around at 25NL 6-max just for fun. Ridiculously soft, really worked on thin value bets. It was fun have 7x the buy in on one table and playing, had that going on 2 tables lol. So 25NL ended up being a decent winning session.might donk around in 25NL 6-max some more or some 50NL, see if i can acclimate to 100NL 6-max which would be fun to be good at.Peace

600 hands isnt enough for u in a day?
I'm trying to play as much as I can. I'm making like $140 an hour, and I'm not putting nearly enough hands in. I know what you mean though, lol. I had this guy... busted his first $200... I feel like quitting at hand 600... he rebuys for $100... **** it, I can't quit now, let's go for another $1k day... then he hits a 50 BB run, plus a 10 BB donation/tilt session from me. I take a break, play a couple games of NHL 08, come back, and just continue to get raped. Bleh.Made a bit back after that graph, ended up $40 on the tables. Thank god AP hates money, though. Up $320 overall on the day. Pretty good for barely breakeven today, lol. Although it was my most hands for any day in 2008.
besides winning a big pot with a big hand, do you find your other income throughout a session comes from running bluffs, or picking off bluffs?
no.when i was grinding live mid-limits, sometimes i'd sit in the NL game. all my profit in that game was big hands. there was just never any need to run bluffs. i tell you sincerely, DO NOT BLUFF! as far as picking off bluffs, there will be times when you might have to call a river bet light when a bet doesn't make sense, but the pot shouldn't be that big (thus neither should the bluff).
I'm trying to play as much as I can. I'm making like $140 an hour, and I'm not putting nearly enough hands in. I know what you mean though, lol. I had this guy... busted his first $200... I feel like quitting at hand 600... he rebuys for $100... **** it, I can't quit now, let's go for another $1k day... then he hits a 50 BB run, plus a 10 BB donation/tilt session from me. I take a break, play a couple games of NHL 08, come back, and just continue to get raped. Bleh.Made a bit back after that graph, ended up $40 on the tables. Thank god AP hates money, though. Up $320 overall on the day. Pretty good for barely breakeven today, lol. Although it was my most hands for any day in 2008.
are you playing 5-10LHE HU or something?
Wow, that is way too tight.At 6-max limit I usually run around 38/20 or so.
haha I guess I should have put the sw up for you. I run at about 27/18 so far at the lower limits mainly b/c you need to be a bit tighter due to rake issues. Fortunately, I run at 19BB/100 at 3/6 heads up
what good food you been eatin?
A lot from Wawa. Also stuff like cheesesteaks, pizza, wings, chicken parm, steak, and so much more. Basically food in England sucks and I also didn't know many people their. Now I am back where all my friends are, as well as eating good food, and can also drink or smoke whenever I want. Lol i think fairly soon my gambling addiction will mandate that I play poker, but for now I am just chilling and having a blast.
A lot from Wawa. Also stuff like cheesesteaks, pizza, wings, chicken parm, steak, and so much more. Basically food in England sucks and I also didn't know many people their. Now I am back where all my friends are, as well as eating good food, and can also drink or smoke whenever I want. Lol i think fairly soon my gambling addiction will mandate that I play poker, but for now I am just chilling and having a blast.
is there a wawa outside of philly? Isn't it just a little store/minimart? GO EAT BETTER FOODS sounds fun tho, have fun : )

live games are not going well going to try and concentrated on online p stars for awhile and try to build by BR and jump 2 levels in the next few months. i have never hit online to hard, but i wanna grind it alot more for awhile. i have seen about 4k hands online already this month and about 1k live. so i am getting lots of hours in i just need to see more profit.

Wee, just broke profit goal. Played a short 1-2nl session today +269.for the month I'm +852.
congrats big guy u have been playing solid poker latley. :club:

Beat: Am currently sitting with 40% of my bankroll on a 2/4 table.BRAG: Bankroll's back to 10K!lahereicomeaz7.pngEdit: Make that 11K. Just picked off a $500 bluff on the river with AA.

If it weren't for all the drink-driving and degenerate gambling tendencies you have, you'd be my hero.

If it weren't for all the drink-driving and degenerate gambling tendencies you have, you'd be a millionaire.
FYP. Well, I can't guarantee that, but I was adding up all my lifetime drunk gambling losses the other day, and they were just barely creeping into the 6 figures. If I didn't have any degenerate tendencies, I think at least mid six figures would be a good estimate.No matter what stupid things I do in the future though, I'm never driving drunk again. I'm 100% on that. Absolutely not worth it and I'm not going to put myself in the situation where I even have the opportunity ever again.