January Goals

CobaltBlue, I'm running pokertrackerless on Bodog. Do you know what's going on with all that? I guess Dogwatch supposedly has a fix due in Feb. Do you know if PT3 is going to support Bodog directly?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bankroll just hit $1K at Bodog for the first time since I cashed out months ago, weeeeeeeeee!! Still not sure if I'm ready for the $50 PLO8 and NLHE tables. I might start to incorporate 1 $50 with 2 $25's and continue to build from there. Of course I've been taking it on the chin at AP. I'm 0 for ~20 in $11 SNG's and I think I've finished 4th in 15 of them!!!! :club:

I'm thinking I should play the small buy-in rebuys more often as the fields are just ridiculous and I think I'm ++EV even though I don't play much hold'em any more.
I'm thinking this is really good advice that I gave myself here. Played the $10 rebuy today and finished 28/1655 when 77<QJ on a T83 board. That's 3 $10-$20 rebuys in a row where I've finished in the Top 30 even if I haven't had the FT yet where I'd actually get paid.

Splurged on the new mouse though I know what was causing the hold ups (set a feature wrong on poker ace). Mouse is pretty sweet though and I needed one anyways as my other was really hurtin my hand after long periods of time. My goal is to rebuild my b/r to 2/4 now and switch sites to take advantage of some sick rakeback opportunities.

CobaltBlue, I'm running pokertrackerless on Bodog. Do you know what's going on with all that? I guess Dogwatch supposedly has a fix due in Feb. Do you know if PT3 is going to support Bodog directly?
To be honest, I haven't really kept up. I own both programs, but I haven't really used them in about a year. I mostly used to data-mine the mid-stakes Limit games to look for bad players. I kind of stopped playing those games though. Felt that all of the extra software was too much of a hassle for the advantages that it brought. Also seemed like it had the potential to make me lazy with reads/observation. I'm not opposed to it...and probably should use it...but I'd hate having to rely on it if that makes sense.To answer your question, nope...haven't kept up, but would have some interest in knowing.
I'm thinking this is really good advice that I gave myself here. Played the $10 rebuy today and finished 28/1655 when 77<QJ on a T83 board. That's 3 $10-$20 rebuys in a row where I've finished in the Top 30 even if I haven't had the FT yet where I'd actually get paid.
Whoo hoo! Good plan!Played a $55 rebuy tonight and took 2nd out of 126 in a $55 rebuy for $2630. It was only one rebuy and one add-on which was why the prize pool was kind of small, but it was definitely nice to get a real score again. Now I have a real bankroll for 0.5/1 PLO again without cutting corners and I could probably move back up to 1/2 pretty soon. I'm going to have to keep playing these rebuy tournaments for sure though. I've played 5 tournaments the last week or so with these results:$11 rebuy: 29th out of ~1800$1050 Sunday million: out in 1st hour with KK vs. AA$22 rebuy: 23rd out of ~400$11 rebuy: 28th out of 1655$55 rebuy: 2nd out of 126So might want to leave the large buy-ins alone, but I think I've got a huge edge in these small tourneys. Definitely enough that I'd be stupid not to play them.Edit: Forgot, I played the $33 HORSE a couple times and didn't cash, but the point still stands about the rebuy tournaments. Cashed in my last 4, got really deep in 3 and then hit the one good score.

New game plan for this month!i managed to claw my way back to almost even for the week.however, plans are changing. I will be taking quite a bit of time off this month, but I wil play as much poker as i can. and i really want to grind myself some stepping stones.I plan to play cash games, and use my winnings to buy into tournaments. Mostly the venetian daily's and maybe the venetian's 540.00 weekend tourney.I feel strongly about my tournament game, just had a few bugs i had to get out. But hopefully I'll make a decent score before i fly away for 2 weeks.

lolz.Post the hand at ~800.
Actually that's two hands played simultaneously on two tables :Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $49.25UTG+1: $12CO: $64.95Hero: $79.25SB: $51.60BB: $205.15Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 4 :icon_dance: 3 :D 6 :icon_dance: A :) UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero raises to $2.75, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.Flop: 3 :club: 5 :icon_dance: J :) ($9, 3 players)UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $7, UTG+1 calls, CO raises to $21, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls all-in $2.25.Turn: 2 :heart: ($60.25, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $36.75, Sidepot 1: $23.5)CO is all-in $41.2, Hero calls.River: 9 :D ($142.65, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $36.75, Sidepot 1: $105.9)Results:Final pot: $142.65UTG+1 showed 4d 8d 7h KdCO showed Qd Th Ad JdHero showed 4h 3s 6h As******************Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $49.50UTG+1: $48.30CO: $72.15Button: $50.70SB: $70.20Hero: $51.85Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 5 :club: 5 :icon_dance: 8 :) 8 :icon_dance: UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button raises to $2.75, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.Flop: K :icon_dance: T :icon_dance: 5 :D ($13.75, 5 players)SB checks, Hero bets $12, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.Turn: 6 :icon_dance: ($49.75, 3 players)Hero is all-in $37.1, CO folds, Button calls all-in $35.95.Uncalled bets: $1.15 returned to Hero. River: 3 :D ($121.65, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $121.65)Results:Final pot: $121.65Hero showed 5c 5h 8s 8hButton showed Tc 9h Kh JcI had a pretty LAG image so it helped to get me paid off.
I hate poker..... that is all....can't go deep and can't win a pot in cash games....Peace
i agree, stuck 500 today.1st bad beat was Q,2,5 i had 2,5s in sb, i check raised button. he called. turn was 8. rainbow board. i pushed, he had about 60 left. pot was 65.he called wit Q9, river 8. so i got counterfeited next hand about 20 mins later.I have 400 in my stack after having to reload. some player who thought he was king shit sits down.i raise c/o with 8,10s. to 15. its 1/2NLI get 3 callers. ( i had a lag image) :)flop came 6,7,9 rainbow. GIN!checks to me, i bet 35. fold fold, MP pushes all in, for 180. i snap call. he shows 7,7 turn 8. river 6.so lame.
Just finished my 3rd straight $1,000+ day.Coming into 2008, I'd had one in my life.Shipppppppppppppppp.God I wish this run were sustainable.
Acid_Knight msged me and told me about how badly you were getting crushed.Acid_Knight (10:27:53 PM): i'm watching Zach get his ass handed to him at LHEcwik (10:36:38 PM): yacwik (10:36:46 PM): I thought he only won these daysAcid_Knight (10:36:38 PM): dudeAcid_Knight (10:36:40 PM): this guy never betsAcid_Knight (10:36:46 PM): checks down the nutsAcid_Knight (10:36:53 PM): and is outdrawing zach or outflopping him every handcwik (10:37:56 PM): ehcwik (10:38:05 PM): can't be down more then $250cwik (10:38:13 PM): he had like back to back 1k dayscwik (10:38:19 PM): I think he'll be alrightcwik (10:38:27 PM): see zach complains like you and Icwik (10:38:36 PM): but he secretly runs like godcwik (10:38:45 PM): when your not lookingAcid_Knight (10:38:38 PM): yeahAcid_Knight (10:38:40 PM): no, i know
Just finished my 3rd straight $1,000+ day.Coming into 2008, I'd had one in my life.Shipppppppppppppppp.God I wish this run were sustainable.
bastard, i shoulda had a 1k day today.fuuucking brutal, went back tonight and won 300. so stuck 200 on the day

December was pretty ugly, but I managed to switch my BR from Stars to FTP and get the $600 deposit bonus.DecemberPokerGraph.jpgI don't know if this is cheating b/c we're 1/3 of the way thru January but...January Goals:1) Gold Medal Ironman Status2) Grind @ least 15,000-20,000 hands 3) Avg 6-8bbs/1004) Start taking shots @ $50NL w/ 25 Buy-InsMonth so far:PokerGraphJan1-9.jpgcaption: I play so goooot and run so goootBR: $955

i played my first live game since about 3 weeks ago. i played a .50/1 NLHE home game. made a profit 0f about $80, it sucks cuz i was broke so i got 200 out of the bills money. i got 50/50 on profit so i ended up with $40 to the BR, which is better then nothing.p stars hase been going well a few days ago i put in about 2 hours and won $15 at a .02/.05 NLHE table.

Did I not tell you about my sweating/run good fee? haha
FYP
ya i knew it was an easy game. its more or less a get drunk get together for most of them. if u dont profit at this game, well... u shouldn't b playing poker. plus if i lost it wasn't like i was going to miss my payments.