January Goals

Took a shot against a complete donk heads up and turned out miserable....was up 50BB and probably should have quit, but I stuck it out and dropped it all back plus another 40BB...guy ran hotter than the sun it was disgusting.
wow playing muckemsayuhh is a very bold move
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was that bad you shouldn't feel too bad about staying. You could easily be up 100BB instead of down 40.
Yeah i definately agree...was just starting to get a little to tired, but then he went on insane tilt (which was great) and then hit an unreal rush on me when I couldnt get any pair to hold and basically just ran me over sad to say.
Hey stop stealing my sig!!Not meaning to be offensive, but how can you play professionaly and worry about a 6 buy-in downswing? PLO and HU players can get through 20+ up and down in the same month
I dont multitable, and i dont play HU. I think anything close to losing 10b.i.'s at fullring is a pretty bad downswing. If i played HU, i'd have to be ready for the swings.which i'm aware of.
“Everybody will eventually run worse than they thought was possible” – Craig HartmanI'm on a 26 buyin downswing (mostly carried over from last month). It sucks, but variance happens.
Well, sure it's easy to get a big number if you just work from your peak. Going back to last month, I'm actually in a 38 buy-in downswing. (Obligatory graph of the last 3 months to show that I don't suck at poker.)ltokstsuxmc9.jpgI checked my stats to make sure I'm not doing anything different, but the only thing that's really changed is the W$SD which took a huge nose-dive. And that's with my WTSD actually going down a little. My postflop aggression's up a decent amount, but that's mainly because I've spent a lot of time playing ridiculously passive players HU, and you can't call a lot of bets against players who don't make them.

I think I found a new leak in my gameIts a time length leak. and seems to occur regardless if i'm winning or losngI start off every session the same, I play semi-tag for the 1st 2 rotations, then i play more LAG. i get in my optimal groove for about 2 hours, and if i'm up or down, even it doesnt matter, i start to play sloppy.Its why i limit my sessions to 4 or 5 hours.any advice about how to stay in my optimal groove?

any advice about how to stay in my optimal groove?
Yeah, play more tables so that you don't get bored. Unless you're playing live in which case I have no idea. I find it impossible to play well for more than a few hours live unless I'm deep in a $2,000 tourney or something. (Only happened once.) Even playing 60/120 LHE, I'd start to get bored and sloppy after a while.

try getting up every once in awhile for a 5 min break mitch. Just sit out for a rotation or two. Or mb get a snack. It may be annoying but it's better than losing money.and when u come back to the table, do a little mind game and just go through some hands or analyze what's going on. If you can't do that, just leave and go find that cocktail waitress :club:

So explain this...last night my computer would let me play preflop just fne...but post flop...I could not click a single button...how ****ed up is that.
Had the same problem last night and I was pissed when I timed out of several hands. Broke my mouse and splurged on a new one:World's Most Advanced MouseBest money I've spent in awhile...

I've decided I suck at plo, so I am switching to holdem, with the help of the guys in the challenge thread. First 500 hands, playing 18/15 and up 4 buyins....Beats donating at omaha.

Played the $22 rebuy on Stars tonight. 1st would have been enough to put me ahead for the month, and I got to the final 4 tables with an average stack, but lost a couple 60/40s when I got reduced to push/fold territory and finished 22nd out of 405 to probably just barely break even after all my rebuys. Disappointing. That is the second MTT I've gone deep in lately though and I hardly ever play them. I'm thinking I should play the small buy-in rebuys more often as the fields are just ridiculous and I think I'm ++EV even though I don't play much hold'em any more.Also played a little PLO on Bodog tonight. The software's so bad that I dropped to one Bodog table with my Stars tables pretty quick, but I still finished the (Bodog part of the) session up 7 buy-ins. Will definitely be looking into that further.

Feel much better at holdem - can't hurt to run like I have been either. Posting so that when variance comes I'll remember what a pretty graph looks like.0106mr6.jpg

Didnt play any poker whatsoever in Dec. and starting over this yearSo far this month Ive won a Hundred Grand Sat. for $11 and have turned that into $20 right nowI want to have over $120 by the end of this month playing all types of micro sngsNow up to $37 after finishing 3rd in a 45 man sng!

in addition to my goals set already i am adding:cash in 2 of the fcp wsop events plan to play around 6, obv winning 1 or 2 is in my goal tooalso get top ten in 1 of the 2 DN open events for the 1st quarter
have been grinding lots of .01/.02 NLHE, .05/.10 LHE, and .04/.08 stud.i am not doing to good, but i am proud i have staying with in my BR.have played around 49 hours(conbining table time) around 3k hands

Didn't ever get around to posting in December Goals. Kind of knew I wasn't going to be playing much as a combination of lack of time and motivation. Ended up only playing 37.5 hours on the month (probably ~8k hands)...which is the lightest month I've played in years. That said, I was fortunate to win my first "real" MTT since February on the 30th of December. Picked up $3k for 1st in Bodog's nightly "high-roller" $10k. Ended up making around $5.5k on the month...which is great for the limited time I put into it. Aside from that, I mostly dicked around. I've got almost my entire bankroll concentrated on Bodog, so I've just been building tiny rolls on the other sites. The most amusing moments are when I've got a .02/.04 LHE table next to a 5/10 NLHE table...and I'm getting annoyed for $2 downswings when I'm up $700 on the other tables.Last night after bricking some Sunday tournies, I decided to play some cash. Unfortunately, the 3/6 NL tables weren't looking very good, and the 10/20 NL tables had good stats, so I hopped in. I'd played that high one other time and lost like $800. I ended up breaking my biggest pot won record...twice. The first time, I won a pot worth $3500 with top set against an overpair. In the second, I won a pot worth $4357 with bottom set against TP2K. Kind of lost a lot of medium pots along the way though, so I only finished +$63 at 10/20. Unfortunately, I also dropped $2k between 3/6 and 5/10...but I'm not really worried about it. I can absorb that hit, and I think I got a lot of valuable experience yesterday. After that, I pulled $6k out for my LA trip at the end of the month. Probably will need to limit myself back to 3/6 NL and the occasional 5/10 as a result.