I find it amusing that people are getting upset about a discussion about a fictional television show.I am however curious to see how close that guys link is to what is actually going on in the show.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something that occured to me:Ben supposedly took Michael and Walt off the island; then, when Ben says he has someone on the boat, only those who weren't paying attention to how Michael left would be in the dark. This was never concealed, so it's a false revelation. As far as I'm concerned, I "knew" Ben wouldn't just let Michael and Walt go, therefore, I think Ben used Walt to get to Michael and inserted Michael on the boat as a spy. Whether he's there for a specific purpose or just a general info gatherer is another question, but we do know that Ben often has an agenda, but Ben's strength is flexibility in how and when he uses his resources.It's not rocket surgery, people.

So here is question from the first season that I don't think has been sufficiently answered. Why did they take all the kids? And specifically why did they want Walt? They alluded to him having special abilities, but then just never went anywhere with it.

So here is question from the first season that I don't think has been sufficiently answered. Why did they take all the kids? And specifically why did they want Walt? They alluded to him having special abilities, but then just never went anywhere with it.
Yes, this thread is the cause of bad writing and less than clever plot twists... damn us all.
If someone happens to get a guess right later, don't come back bitching to us.
Im not sure if you're talking to me or him, but noone is talking about someone guessing it right. The Lost website actually had pictures of Micheal in the new season before it started.Getting angry is stupid, I agree but if you can't rant on an internet forum whats the point.
I was thinking this a while ago, but they(juliet,ben) have mentioned "the list" a few times this season, so maybe they have some sort of answer coming.About the talk whether Jin and co could still be on the Island, i thought it was obvious they were, why would Jack, Kate and Hurley lie so much about most people dieing in the crash. Jack and kate in the trial, and Hurley to the creepy black guy in the mental house
I think we've just been reintro'd to that story arc...
Can you imagine the story board for this show? It must be a flow chart nightmare.
You know how they had that show that was a reality contest for potential directors and the winner got to do their own movie and you get to see the behind the scenes work on it. I'd like for a mainstream show like Lost or Heroes to have a camera crew go through and record the entire development process and release it later after the show is over. Seeing the writers meetings, how they go about making the decisions, set choices, casting etc etc would be very interesting on the right shows.
When Ben said he had a "man on the boat, I thought he was telling us he had a clitoris.Anyway, I thought the boat captain might be Michael, but I was wrong. And I don't think it was clumsily handled. Rather, I think the story is getting ****ed by so many people deciding that they know what's going to happen and why and they go on and on and on about it in threads just like this. It's the same as sitting around having a discussion/arguement about an issue that everyone has acknowledged they don't have sufficient info on which tio base a decent theory, yet people keep ****ing talking anyway...
I have many stupid theories and I do not like calling theories stupid...but why would you possibly think Michael would be the captain? He narrowly escaped the island on a small boat that looked like a shark could eat, and he somehow took over a big boat and became captain? And if you believed that, who do you think left Sayid and Desmond the note that said "Don't trust the captain" and why wouldn't they be able to trust one of their fellow Losties?
Because the guys who make Lost are so caught up in putting a "twist" in every episode that anyone who didn't see it coming should just stop watching the show. It wasn't creative or clever, didn't drop my jaw or want to give the writers an award for their writing because it was actually a pile of shit. The other horrible part the conversation between Jin and Bernard on the boat, talk about contrived lazy writing. Right after he finds out for sure that his wife was banging another guy (oh wait didn't he already know, I'm pretty sure that was implied previously when he confronted the guy) the one other married guy on the island wants to go fishing with him and make life antidotes about marriage. :club: And screw Jin for making her dinner, tell that cheating whore to eat somewhere else. No way he would have forgiven her that quickly if at all, especially not knowing before he forgave her if the baby was his or not. Guys just don't act like that, especially Asians who feel their honor was insulted.
This is pretty obvious: but forgiving Sun is a lot easier for Jin then trying to explore other "dating options" on the island. Seriously though, there's a whole pack of "Others" biding their time waiting for Ben's orders.. I can't wait. :ts
This is pretty obvious: but forgiving Sun is a lot easier for Jin then trying to explore other "dating options" on the island.
I still don't buy it, lack of options doesn't mean you have to be a pussy and get walked on.
I have many stupid theories and I do not like calling theories stupid...but why would you possibly think Michael would be the captain? He narrowly escaped the island on a small boat that looked like a shark could eat, and he somehow took over a big boat and became captain? And if you believed that, who do you think left Sayid and Desmond the note that said "Don't trust the captain" and why wouldn't they be able to trust one of their fellow Losties?
What better place for Ben to put a spy than Captain of the boat? Hide in plain sight, as they say...How the "insertion" plan would work, I have no idea, but it was entirely conceivable that, given the time bending element, there might have been ample time for Michael to have had quite a case made for him to be Captain and plenty of time to work up documentation, etc...In retrospect, it's not very feasible, but stranger things have happened on this show.As for the note, it almost doesn't matter who left it. Clearly, most people on the boat don't trust the Captain, for avariety of reasons, not the least of which is his reputation for having a temper.And why wouldn't they trust a fellow Lostie? If someone is holding your kid as collateral, whose side would you be on? Also, do you trust Locke or Sawyer, for example? Would you even trust Jack, given his proensity for doing what he thinks is right, even though it may not be for the greater good?This show is all about curve balls, which is partly why I was ranting a few posts earlier about trying to figure out what's happening and why.Just sayin'...BTW, i prefer the word "implausible" as opposed to "stupid".
Ummm...you remember the terms Michael left on, right? You think people on the island would trust Michael with ANYTHING?
Isn't he the one who shot Ana Lucia? It's been so long, I am fuzzy on the details.
Yeah, he did...and also shot Libby and let Ben go in the same episode (and shot himself in the shoulder to make it look like Ben did it all).Not only that, but I'm talking about turning Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley over to Ben so he could leave.

OK...I just thought of this...Maybe Ben's spy on the boat isn't Michael? I guess they could do that to make it so there is a little bit of a surprise...just throwing random stuff out there though.

I still don't buy it, lack of options doesn't mean you have to be a pussy and get walked on.
lost_jack.jpg^^^this man disagrees with you. :club:
OK...I just thought of this...Maybe Ben's spy on the boat isn't Michael? I guess they could do that to make it so there is a little bit of a surprise...just throwing random stuff out there though.
ooooo... I like that. Have we seen everyone on the boat yet? It's hard to gauge how big the boat is vs. the size of the crew.
tom (mr friendly) is a queer?
didn't he have a wife on the island? remember the one that uhh I think it was sun killed.it was kind of a boring episode. I don't think I've liked any of the 'here's what happened in the past to get us caught up on how we got to this point' episodes on lost.me thinks mr. 'I don't kill innocent people' killed some innoent people at the end there. I'd guess that many people would make that guess.
Well, the beginning of that episode threw that out the window quick.
Yeah remember in the first season when he gives Kate the clothes to get dressed when the others have her, and she asks him to leave and he said something to the effect of "You don't have anything I want to see"
didn't he have a wife on the island? remember the one that uhh I think it was sun killed.it was kind of a boring episode. I don't think I've liked any of the 'here's what happened in the past to get us caught up on how we got to this point' episodes on lost.me thinks mr. 'I don't kill innocent people' killed some innoent people at the end there. I'd guess that many people would make that guess.
Terrible episode. I don't like where they are going with this.
Tom is gay and does not have a wife on the island. In the first episode of season 3, Kate got out of a shower and had a towel on. When Tom told her to put on a dress, she said something along the lines of, "You think I'm going to change in front of you?" and he said, "Trust me, you're not my type." I kind of assumed this meant that he wa gay.
Terrible episode. I don't like where they are going with this.
Yea, I thought the episode was terrible, at least compared to what I thought it would be like. I liked the story with Michael but I was very disappointed that the big cliffhanger and the somebody dying was Rousseau and Alex's boyfriend. I mean, who cares? They made it seem like it was going to be a big character.I'm glad that we at least heard some more info about where the other Others went to. But I think it will be easy to wait a month for new episodes. I'm not dying to know what happens like I used to be.

I am VERY glad that I am easily amused.I liked that episode....A LOT.Don't ask me why...because my simple answer is that it entertained me...I like the new triangle of hate forming.Whitmore-Linus-Survivors