i'm watching the final episode of season 3 on sci-fi right now and noticed something odd. it shows flash forwards where Jack is a drunk and almost jumped off that bridge or whatever and Locke is laid out in the funeral home(before we know it's Locke in the casket). so there's a scene at the pharmacy where Jack says he has a prescription written by his father who's also Dr. Shepard(some guy at the pharmacy points out that Jack's a hero for saving a lady who got in a wreck on the bridge). then there's a scene at the hospital where Jack tells some other doctor to "go get my father down here right now and if i'm drunker than he is then i'll go home"(something like that). but if this is taking place after Jack got off the island, how would his dad be at the hospital to be able to determine which one is more drunk since his dad died in australia which is how Jack ended up on the island to begin with? were there flash forwards mixed with flashbacks in this particular episode? Jack's father never makes an appearance at the hospital, so maybe Jack's just f'd up on pills and doesn't know that his dad is dead.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack's father never makes an appearance at the hospital, so maybe Jack's just f'd up on pills and doesn't know that his dad is dead.
Jack is a mess, and it's shown in the season at some point that his dad isn't really there. You're not wrong here, but you're also not seeing anything.
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a question about the oceanic 6. we know they made it back to the mainland, but do we know what year it is where they are? it was 2004 when they crashed, but do they come back to the u.s. in 2004, 2008 or 2009? the time travel/time effecting people on the island differently aspect confuses me

i have a question about the oceanic 6. we know they made it back to the mainland, but do we know what year it is where they are? it was 2004 when they crashed, but do they come back to the u.s. in 2004, 2008 or 2009? the time travel/time effecting people on the island differently aspect confuses me
The most "recent" stuff we've seen took place in 2007. Kate told Jack when they met at the airport she spent the last three years trying to forget what happened on the day the left the island. They crashed in 2004, so it's "now" 2007. There's a bunch of other stuff throughout the season that you can use to figure it out, but that's the most obvious.If they only have two seasons left, I think all of Season 5 might fill in the gaps of what happened from 2004-2007 both on the island and back home - flashbacks, I guess. The current stuff might show how Ben plans on getting everyone back and Jack trying to convince all of the Six to come back with him. Then, by the end, they'll all go back and the last season will focus on what happens when they get back. I'm always way off on stuff like this, so whatever. After watching the Season 4 finale again, I think my biggest question from it is why Sun wants to work with Widmore, and what their "common interest" is. I'm probably missing something, but she apparently blames Jack for Jin's death, but she wouldn't really need Widmore's assistance in finding him since he's a celebrity now and a prominent doctor in LA. I'm not as entertained as I was with the first two seasons of the show, but with all the unanswered stuff I'm still interested enough to see how they wrap it up.
can't wait for Wednesday's show. Of course every answer seems to lead me to more questions. we will need a new thread for season 5--giddy up-
Weeeeeeee! Lost is great.
This has to do with the ship "the black rock" i believe. The ship was pulled onto the island as it passed by due to the large amount of magnetic material on the ship back before the others built the hatch that regulated the magnetic forces (every 108 minutes). That amount of magnetic material passing through whatever force shields / separates the island poked a hole in that shield. That's why whidmore was bidding on the diary of the captain of the black rock, so he could figure out where that "hole" was and pass safely through to the island without going crazy.
yea, just watched that ep again and I agree.

Since there are only 2 more seasons for sure, and they know how many episodes per season, I actually think that they have a great idea of where the show is going so hopefully we won't get too many more new questions, but a lot of answers.