• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, good. lost is back on track, ****ing with my head. i want to ask a question but i want to do the spoiler black on black thing. how do i do that?
no idea, ive been wondering the same thing since Jadaki always does it

I think you click on the Insert Special Item drop box to 'spoiler.'

Umm...sweet. That was the kind of episode where I am thinking: wait...what? When I first saw the red car, I figured it was Hurley's flash forward, even though I was surprised that they would do his first, but it was great. I loved how he tried to run away from the cops after he got out of the car. And only six made it off the island? Are the others dead or still on the island? And what was with that black dude that went to see Hurley in the mental hospital? And how did Naomi survive? And...I have so many questions.

So are "they" the people that are still on the Island?Has the show pertinently replaced flashbacks with flash forwards, or will it use both? That could get confusing.

So are "they" the people that are still on the Island?Has the show pertinently replaced flashbacks with flash forwards, or will it use both? That could get confusing.
Seems like a turning point in the series where they are done with flashbacks and are using flash forwards to introduce drama, like with Hurley saying he should have went with Jack and his delusions of Charlie in the police station that are screen capped above.Also how they kept talking about being part of the Oceanic 6, guessing that means only 6 people survive. If they start introducing alternate reality futures in the flash forwards this show is going to start really sucking.
Also how they kept talking about being part of the Oceanic 6, guessing that means only 6 people survive.
Or that only 6 people got off the island. The rest possibly are still there for one reason or another. Maybe this has to do with what Jack doesn't want Hurley to "tell" other people.
If they start introducing alternate reality futures in the flash forwards this show is going to start really sucking.
I doubt they'd do this. It would ruin the show's credibility.

Yeah, I am 100 positive that only 6 got off the island. For now we know Kate, Jack, and Hurley. I don't think there is any weird time space continuum going on here. Obviously something happened on the island during the alleged "rescue" and we just have to be patient and watch the show each week to see what that is. So far they have been pretty straight forward with things. Them having a definite finishing point is a good thing unlike shows like X-Files that the network/studio demanded they keep the show running and thus made it continue way past the point of making any more sense and Chris Carter grasping at straws towards the end. So I suspect that JJ and the crew will come through with some good shit by the end of this.

I didn't see that screecap with Hurley, but yesterday I rewound my DVR to the Jacob scene and saw that it was Jack's (and Claire's) father. Whatsup with that?As for the flashforwards vs. flashbacks, I assume they will still do flashbacks for the people that aren't the Oceanic 6, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck with flashforwards. However, since there are only 6 of them and 8 episodes, the last 2 may be episodes that involve a little bit of all their flashforwards.
You're probably right about the 6.As opposed to smoke monsters that body slam people to death?
Dumbest TV death ever. Even worse than Sylar knifing Alejandro.

So have they said if this is the last season or not?Pretty good episode, but like all good episodes I did not want it to end.I'm glad someone screen captured Jacob, because I did not catch that it was Jacks dad.Do you think they are just going to let the black smoke and monster that Lok saw in the first 2 seasons die out, or is that going to be tied to Jacob? Because remember that thing moved trees all over the place almost like it was a dinosaur or something.There is a lot of stuff from season one and two that they need to tie into.

So have they said if this is the last season or not?Pretty good episode, but like all good episodes I did not want it to end.I'm glad someone screen captured Jacob, because I did not catch that it was Jacks dad.Do you think they are just going to let the black smoke and monster that Lok saw in the first 2 seasons die out, or is that going to be tied to Jacob? Because remember that thing moved trees all over the place almost like it was a dinosaur or something.There is a lot of stuff from season one and two that they need to tie into.
I think that they're all linked, but yea they need to clarify some things still.I'm pretty sure there are going to be 16 episodes this season and 16 in another one, which will be the final season.
Didn't the black smoke kill Mr. Eko in season 3? Also, it was chasing Juliette and ... I forget Kate maybe, but she turned on the security wall thing, and she didn't know what it was but it didn't like the electric fence thing.Since she said "we" as in the others didn't know what it was, then I don't think it's Jacob. Although Ben could be hiding that from them like he hides everything else, so who knows.
So have they said if this is the last season or not?
3 seasons of 16 episodes are left.
I'm pretty sure there are going to be 16 episodes this season and 16 in another one, which will be the final season.
And 16 more after that. I'm not sure how they are going to do this season. Will they film 8 more episodes after the writer's strike, or will they just cut those 8 episodes and jump into 2 more seasons of 16 episodes (or 2 more of 24 episodes)
Didn't the black smoke kill Mr. Eko in season 3? Also, it was chasing Juliette and ... I forget Kate maybe, but she turned on the security wall thing, and she didn't know what it was but it didn't like the electric fence thing.Since she said "we" as in the others didn't know what it was, then I don't think it's Jacob. Although Ben could be hiding that from them like he hides everything else, so who knows.
I was thinking this to. If Jacob knew what the black smoke was, he probably would have told Ben, and he probably would have told the other Others to protect them.

From everything i have read online. The plan was to do three seasons of 16 episodes each (48 total episodes). They have eight filmed so far this year (pre-strike). At this time they don't plan to film anymore for this season and the eight unfilmed episodes will be scrapped. That leaves the eight they filmed this year and then two more seasons of sixteen to end the series (40 epiosdes total).

I thought this was an absolutely AMAZING intro to this new season. The show ended and I was racking my brain up with a whole bunch of unanswered questions. So tell me...is Locke good, evil or neutral. My girlfriend thinks he is worse than Ben. I say he does everything with the best intentions but no one realizes it until much later.

I thought this was an absolutely AMAZING intro to this new season. The show ended and I was racking my brain up with a whole bunch of unanswered questions. So tell me...is Locke good, evil or neutral. My girlfriend thinks he is worse than Ben. I say he does everything with the best intentions but no one realizes it until much later.
I think he is good, but also you have to remember he was paralyzed before he came to the island. He may truely beleive that if he leaves the island he will be a criple again. Also, pretty much everyone on the island has nothing waiting for them at home, including Locke.
I think he is good, but also you have to remember he was paralyzed before he came to the island. He may truely beleive that if he leaves the island he will be a criple again. Also, pretty much everyone on the island has nothing waiting for them at home, including Locke.
agreed. i think that this fact about locke is intended to suggest that faith (which is what locke explicitly represents in more than a couple episodes) is just as dangerous in terms of its possible effects as science, as jack has hardly been portrayed as a perfect character over the last couple seasons. i don't think that any character is necessarily unequivocally good or evil on this show, including ben, which i get the impression is going to become more clear over this season, especially if he ends up being right about leaving the island being a colossal whoopsie.****, this is a good show. it's not that i think it's always perfectly written, either in terms of plot or specific, but i've never had another show that i've really eagerly awaited the next episode as i do with this one.
agreed. i think that this fact about locke is intended to suggest that faith (which is what locke explicitly represents in more than a couple episodes) is just as dangerous in terms of its possible effects as science, as jack has hardly been portrayed as a perfect character over the last couple seasons. i don't think that any character is necessarily unequivocally good or evil on this show, including ben, which i get the impression is going to become more clear over this season, especially if he ends up being right about leaving the island being a colossal whoopsie.****, this is a good show. it's not that i think it's always perfectly written, either in terms of plot or specific, but i've never had another show that i've really eagerly awaited the next episode as i do with this one.
I agree with almost everything you say here, except that ben is not necissarily evil. He killed all those people 15 some odd years ago, remember? I can't remember why he did it, but that was not done by a sane middle of the road person.