but on the flop, does anyone else feel like. "ugh this might very well be AA but i gotta call down for the sake of coolers?"
It's anything BUT AA a lot more often than it is AA, so it's in our best interest to get as many bets as humanly possible into this pot.I'd feel a lot worse if "I called down for the sake of coolers" than if I capped each street and got showed AA.

What an intriguing hand from one of the best. I freely admit I might've laid 55 down preflop to a 3 bet (though as played I would've called the cap). There's so many layers to the play of this hand that it shows me I've got plenty to learn about SHLHE dynamics.

What an intriguing hand from one of the best. I freely admit I might've laid 55 down preflop to a 3 bet (though as played I would've called the cap). There's so many layers to the play of this hand that it shows me I've got plenty to learn about SHLHE dynamics.
That's a play you should never, ever, ever, ever, make in limit hold'em.
That's a play you should never, ever, ever, ever, make in limit hold'em.
Agreed, if we hadn't put any money in yet we should fold small pairs for 3-bets preflop, but we initially raised so it only costs us 2 more small bets to call into a pot that we know will contain 13 small bets and will likely have a lot of action postflop... We know our hand is likely no good anymore, but it doesn't matter because now we are looking at our hand for set value exclusively (or maybe an open ended straight draw).

I like preflop and the river...which are standard. I think on the flop once its 3bets back to you that you need to take over the hand at this point cap and just start betting. As played you give potential for so much missed value. If we assume that the buttons range is more than Ax and has a hand like kqs (which he never folds on the flop btw) then thre is a real possibility he takes the free ride to the river on his draw. Where as if you take charge on the flop, you are assuring yourself you get your bets in (this hand obviously doesnt matter b/c we know they both had top two by the turn, but against his range you may miss bets trying to play fancy.

• 2 weeks later...

This hand is wild. Thanks for posting it. The insight on playing it, is so useful.I would have been worried about AA pre-flop. But, not 66 (maybe I should be?). Seems like 66 would usually just call. I'm going to have to remember this hand, in my future play. I would have smooth-called, as well. If the others want to take the lead, then please do. After watching both opponents jam the flop, it's much easier to put them each on an Ace. Making it highly unlikely that Pocket Rockets is out there. I wouldn't have lead at the turn. But, once you explained it, DN, that's definitely the way to go.Sweet pot.

Wow, I scrolled down through this hand and went street by street thinking about what I would do. I think AJ is the only hand the SB can have that beats us by the check-cold 3 bet on the turn. He can't do that with AK or any one pair hands. The only 2 pair hand he can have is AJ and every other set beats us. It's such a gross hand I think you can legitimately argue either capping or folding the turn. wowowow