Where is scram when you need him?The ultimate watch thread...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...88&hl=watch
Perma banandObey, go with the classic Breightling, white or blue face, especially if this is your first nice watch purchase. After you get a classice everyday watch you can then get some more fun watches to wear with sportier outfits, etc.I almost got one like the first four you were looking at on my honeymoon, until I remembered at how much I was spending on the honeymoon and how much I had just spent on the wedding and kept it to window shopping. Great watches IMO.BTW Mark, cartiers are over pirced junk, they actually fall apart.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perma banandObey, go with the classic Breightling, white or blue face, especially if this is your first nice watch purchase. After you get a classice everyday watch you can then get some more fun watches to wear with sportier outfits, etc.I almost got one like the first four you were looking at on my honeymoon, until I remembered at how much I was spending on the honeymoon and how much I had just spent on the wedding and kept it to window shopping. Great watches IMO.BTW Mark, cartiers are over pirced junk, they actually fall apart.
Wow, perfect advice there. Yeah, I ended up going with. Couldn't pass up the deal I got.Breitling-444.jpgFor exactly the reasons you mentioned. First nice automatic watch. An everyday watch. I almost got blue-face, same watch, but man, the reflective white....in person, it's much more eye catching to me anyway than the blue. When I take down a big tourney score in 2008, I may look for watch #2, black face super avenger, or maybe blue face superocean heritage.Thanks for the help all.
Wow, perfect advice there. Yeah, I ended up going with. Couldn't pass up the deal I got.Breitling-444.jpgFor exactly the reasons you mentioned. First nice automatic watch. An everyday watch. I almost got blue-face, same watch, but man, the reflective white....in person, it's much more eye catching to me anyway than the blue. When I take down a big tourney score in 2008, I may look for watch #2, black face super avenger, or maybe blue face superocean heritage.Thanks for the help all.
No prob man, let me know how you like it after a while. Its roughly the one I still want. but will probably get this in the near future, because it is much cheaper.tissot-t-touch-t33759859-sm.jpgBut with a black band.
No prob man, let me know how you like it after a while. Its roughly the one I still want. but will probably get this in the near future, because it is much cheaper.tissot-t-touch-t33759859-sm.jpgBut with a black band.
I love it. I was sick of admiring other people's and I waited over a year since I got my first breitling boner for the superocean. I definitely want to collect watches, not necessary expensive ones or breitlings, but just all types and this was a great first step.I really like the orange face superocean. I also like the Vacheron Constantin, esp the Overseas collection. Gotta love the Maltese Cross.Vacheron-Constantin-49150-B01A-9097.jpg

Question for the watch afficianados out there. What are some of the best watches available under $1000? I'm in the market for a replacement for my 10 year old Seiko kinetic. I like this one quite a bit but would possibly like something a little more obscure.514ZEHT17SL._AA280_.jpg

HOW ABOUT THIS???? SDAVE YOUR MONEY AND FIND A CLOCK/
lol
I also like the Vacheron Constantin, esp the Overseas collection. Gotta love the Maltese Cross.Vacheron-Constantin-49150-B01A-9097.jpg
that is a really nice peice i like it and now since you have a everyday watch id get that yellow one its def a nice watch also
  • 1 year later...
holy spammer sophistication!Edit: Someone deleted it, and now I look like a schmuck. WHY DIDNT I QUOTE?Q!?!?!?!?!?!?!#?!##!?!#
Well if you quoted then your post would have had to have been deleted as well.7 posts with about 100 links in each I would guess from the spammer.
Well if you quoted then your post would have had to have been deleted as well.7 posts with about 100 links in each I would guess from the spammer.
the 2009 equivelent of a guy on the street in a trench coat filled with watches.
well, i wouldn't have looked schmucky!

Wassup,What do you guys think of the more classic watches? All I see nowadays are the bling bling watches. Breitling for instance (along with so many other brands) produce these very flashy models. The one Obey bought is reasonably modest and a nice watch but most of them are overpriced, hyped and don't have any collectible value.If you buy a watch. Do you want it to be as tacky and bling bling as it can get to show it of to your friends, or do you want a watch that is a bit more subtle with the best craftmanship so people who know watches can also appreciate it?Just wondering.Jan

• 2 weeks later...

For the past two years my Mom has been going to China in the fall and brings back some amazing knock-off's. I got this Tag Heuer last year and it is my everday watch, subtle but nice.TagHeuerCJF2115BA0594_big.jpg