Matusow's New Year's Resolution

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardplayers database lists 11 O8 cashes, 3 major wins Including 1 WSOP Braclet and 1 runner up at the series.Also not that most people count it for much but Hellmuth always says hes the best O8 tourney player in the world.
are you kidding? Hellmuth admitting someone is better than him at anything? That is like the best endorsement in the world as Matusow must be amazing at o8 to get Hellmuth to say that he himself was not the best at anything!I have seen Mike play o8 online. Very impressive.Still, I dont get why people like him. He is a degenerate jerk with few, if any, redeeming qualities. I look forward to his blowups with relish.
Cardplayers database lists 11 O8 cashes, 3 major wins Including 1 WSOP Braclet and 1 runner up at the series.Also not that most people count it for much but Hellmuth always says hes the best O8 tourney player in the world.
Hellmuth is delusional. Beyond delusional. I can't even muster the strength to refute Phil's mixed game play. Phil calls himself world class in o8b and includes his own "Play any hand with 4 cards 9 or higher" experiment in his book. Simply laughable. Even MODEST o8b players know that 9s generally signify death, and should played as exceptions grouped into REALLY strong hands, and not the baseline limit to entering pots. ugh.. I haven't worded this well, because it's putting me on tilt just talking about it.I never did the leg work on MM's o8b tourney success. Thank you for the post/info, very insightful.
Matusow is definitely insanely marketable. And him and Gus *easily* have the best Full Tily commercials. Special not to Seidel/Lederer for "cleverness" in theres, albeit the bracelet schtick is essentially lost to the general public.
the phil ivey bluff face commercial is by far and away the BEST FTP commercial...just serious...and because someone is bound to ask, here's the link
Your retarded. He has over 6 million in tourney winnings(1.6 this year) and is regarded as one of the best o8 players in the world.
Way to grab your ankles there lil' guy.You owned yourself. How ironic.
ahhhh i see the dubb is back to trolling again..... :club:
It's gonna be hard to reach a full out sprint with your mouth firmly attached to my testicles.IMO.
step away from the new topic button.
Are you kidding me? I make MAYBE 4 new topics a month.Way to completely mis/overuse the "step away from the new topic button" phrase.
Are you kidding me? I make MAYBE 4 new topics a month.Way to completely mis/overuse the "step away from the new topic button" phrase.
Way to try to cover yourself for making a stupid topic. Quality over Quantity, sir.YOUR retarded.
thats 3-4 a month too many judging by the few we've seen the last couple weeks
Hellmuth is delusional. Beyond delusional. I can't even muster the strength to refute Phil's mixed game play. Phil calls himself world class in o8b and includes his own "Play any hand with 4 cards 9 or higher" experiment in his book. Simply laughable. Even MODEST o8b players know that 9s generally signify death, and should played as exceptions grouped into REALLY strong hands, and not the baseline limit to entering pots. ugh.. I haven't worded this well, because it's putting me on tilt just talking about it.I never did the leg work on MM's o8b tourney success. Thank you for the post/info, very insightful.
Hellmuth never said that it was correct or that you should play 4 cards higher than a 9. He was just telling how he tried an experiment with it and how it failed.
Hendon Mob profile/resultsPoker Superstars III: 1st for $500kBellagio Cup: 2nd for $671kBorgata Poker Open (WPT): 6th for $271k
Thanks. I remember the Borgata now but must have been asleep the week of the Bellagio Cup. I usually follow all the major tournies.Was the Poker Superstars III championship rounds played in 2007 or broadcast in 2007? Seems like that show has not been on in more than a year. Where does the time go?

lets get real here..i am definitely the best 08 player in the world :icon_cool:but on a more serious note..matusow might not be the top 3 NL players in the world but im sure hes top 100 :club:plusev20060911.gif

Way to try to cover yourself for making a stupid topic. Quality over Quantity, sir.YOUR retarded.
WOW.Please tell me how me making a thread about Matusow PUBLICLY F UCKING STATING that he is one of the top 3 poker players on the planet is not a quality thread. Everyone knows that's an UNBELIEVABLY outlandish statement worthy of discussion. You are more laughable than Mike Matusow's comments in my OP.
thats 3-4 a month too many judging by the few we've seen the last couple weeks
Great rebuttal. Honestly, I expected better.Try again.
WOW.Please tell me how me making a thread about Matusow PUBLICLY F UCKING STATING that he is one of the top 3 poker players on the planet is not a quality thread. Everyone knows that's an UNBELIEVABLY outlandish statement worthy of discussion. You are more laughable than Mike Matusow's comments in my OP.
I'd like to see you and Mike HU4ROLLZ. As long as it isn't online because online poker is rigged against him.
I'd like to see you and Mike HU4ROLLZ. As long as it isn't online because online poker is rigged against him.
So which one of us is calling the mouthpiece to set this up
So which one of us is calling the mouthpiece to set this up
I don't need to call the mouthpiece, I can do ya one better.I know Erik Ryland, and they are best friends so I'll just get Mikey's personal # or have Erik give Mike mine.PM me with your contact info/times that work.
Still, I dont get why people like him. He is a degenerate jerk with few, if any, redeeming qualities. I look forward to his blowups with relish.
Because a good amount of decent poker players are degenerates, and the majority of bad ones are. A lot of us identify with him, for good or for bad. You may admire a guy like Ferguson or Lederer(insert genius level player here) , but feel a distant bond, not so much. Worst case scenario, you love to hate him. In that case, any press is good press. I'm guilty of the same thing with Hellmuth. If anyone ever says anything good about him, I'm the first to bash with passion. But if there's a game with him in it, I'm watching and laughing at him.
Because a good amount of decent poker players are degenerates, and the majority of bad ones are. A lot of us identify with him, for good or for bad. You may admire a guy like Ferguson or Lederer(insert genius level player here) , but feel a distant bond, not so much. Worst case scenario, you love to hate him. In that case, any press is good press. I'm guilty of the same thing with Hellmuth. If anyone ever says anything good about him, I'm the first to bash with passion. But if there's a game with him in it, I'm watching and laughing at him.
Ivey is a degenerate too....but he still isnt a jerk. There really is a difference.FWIW, I love Hellmuth. He is just a big, insecure kid. His trash talk is silly/delusional....not mean-spirited imo
It's gonna be hard to reach a full out sprint with your mouth firmly attached to my testicles.IMO.
i find it funny that every time you post, there are multiple ppl calling you a retard....shrug....things that make you say hmmmmm....