• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you come to realize that about 30-40% of the setlist is also on RB 1 & 2?
I was gonna get it until I noticed that. Only song I really want is Hotel California. I hope RB does that as DLC soon.
i disagree. it won't teach you how to play the drums but it will definitely help. especially if you're a novice drummer.
I agree with this statement. If you get on a regular RB set or even the GH set and then play that for a year and then go out and buy a 5 piece drum kit, your not going to sit down and be proficient at drumming. One you won't have a screen showing you when to hit what drum/cymbal. You don't learn paradiddles, double drag taps, 6 stroke rolls, flams, multiple bounce rollls, or single stroke elevens playing RB. The most you learn is limp independence. That is a good start but won't have you doing Who covers anytime soon.Now playing drums and then moving to RB/GH is another story.
have you come to realize that about 30-40% of the setlist is also on RB 1 & 2?
I don't think it's quite that high...but yeah, it's probably at least 10-20%.
im washed up in gh3 after playing rb2 for a month
See, that's why I can only get 120k on cliffs. I play too much Rockband. Of course, you're better than me at rockband too...

I sort of hate how GH registers notes compared to Rock Band. I feel like it's "looser" and I don't recognize as easily if I hit it or missed it (despite the slight screen shake).

Well once I 5 star Battery which is the last song I need besides Visions, and gold star Colony and Almsot Easy, I'm done with Rb2

Well once I 5 star Battery which is the last song I need besides Visions, and gold star Colony and Almsot Easy, I'm done with Rb2
You realize that it has tons of great downloadable songs?
You realize that it has tons of great downloadable songs?
Microsoft points are ridiculously expensive in Canada. Like it comes out to almost $5 a song. I don't like RB that much
Microsoft points are ridiculously expensive in Canada. Like it comes out to almost $5 a song. I don't like RB that much
It comes to about $2.60 a song. You can get 8 songs for each 1400 point card that cost $20 pretax.

anyone wanna rb2/gh3 it up? co-op pro faceoff band whatever?anytime before LOST at 9 est, hit me up on XBL I'm bored and hate playing alone or against/with randoms

I know this is the Rock Band thread, but it's bascially the music game thread.anywaynew details on Guitar Hero: Metallica...and for what it's worth I find the absence of "Hero of the Day" to be very douche baggyfrom www.xbox360achievements.orgGuitar Hero: Metallica Full Track ListingWritten Saturday, January 24, 2009 by Dan WebbMetallica.com likes to spoil all Activision's fun these days and yesterday was no different as they broke the news of the official track listing of their upcoming Guitar Hero title. When I say the official track listing, I mean every song; both theirs and their "friends."So here is the tracklisting in its entirety that will ship with the game on March 29th in North America and some time in May in Europe:Metallica TracksAll Nightmare LongBatteryCreeping DeathDisposable HeroesDyers EveEnter SandmanFade To BlackFight Fire With FireFor Whom The Bell TollsFranticFuelHit The LightsKing NothingMaster of PuppetsMercyful Fate (Medley)No Leaf CloverNothing Else MattersOneOrionSad But TrueSeek And DestroyThe Memory RemainsThe Shortest StrawThe Thing That Should Not BeThe UnforgivenWelcome Home (Sanitarium)Wherever I May RoamWhiplashIf you downloaded the "Death Magnetic" album for Xbox and PS3, those ten songs will play in their entirety in the full game mode. PS2 and Wii versions (coming in the Spring, most likely in early May) will include "Broken Beat & Scarred," "Cyanide" and "My Apocalypse" since they are not compatible with the Death Magnetic downloadable content.Other ArtistsAlice In Chains - No ExcusesBob Seger - Turn The PageCorrosion of Conformity - AlbatrossDiamond Head - Am I Evil?Foo Fighters - Stacked ActorsJudas Priest - Hell Bent For LeatherKyuss - Demon CleanerLynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesdays GoneMachine Head - Beautiful MourningMastodon - Blood And ThunderMercyful Fate - EvilMichael Schenker Group - Armed and ReadyMotorhead - Ace of SpadesQueen - Stone Cold CrazySamhain - Mother of MercySlayer - War EnsembleSocial Distortion - Mommy's Little MonsterSuicidal Tendencies - War Inside My HeadSystem of a Down - ToxicityThe Sword - Black RiverThin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town

Nice find!!Cant believe the amount of recycled songs though.Couple things. . .Angel of Death > War Ensemble. No Ride The Lightning ?? WTFOne. . Again. . .?Ace Of spades on Guitar hero for the 3RD time. . . 4th if you count rockband 2
Nice find!!Cant believe the amount of recycled songs though.Couple things. . .Angel of Death > War Ensemble. No Ride The Lightning ?? WTFOne. . Again. . .?Ace Of spades on Guitar hero for the 3RD time. . . 4th if you count rockband 2
"Hero of the Day" pissed me off, and what's the point of putting "One" on the game when it's already available on GH3? Also when it comes to Bob Seger I'd rather have seen "Mainstreet" instead of "Turn the Page"...and like Tbauza I wonder if the chart for "One" will be the same.
"Hero of the Day" pissed me off, and what's the point of putting "One" on the game when it's already available on GH3? Also when it comes to Bob Seger I'd rather have seen "Mainstreet" instead of "Turn the Page"...and like Tbauza I wonder if the chart for "One" will be the same.
Their logic for putting One in again was that this time it'll have the vocals/drums/bass line. I gotta admit the drums are gonna be pretty badass, but I dont think that justifies it enough. I think the only charting difference might be Fast Solo A.I really wanted 4 horseman and Jump In The Fire.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys im cross posting this here.lemmie know if any of you chicago guys are interested.first place is 10,000 dollars.Hello,I am looking for a drummer and bass/guitar player in the Chicago land area.You must play on expert and be over 21. I play guitar/bass and I have an expert vocalist but we need a full band for this http://www.harrahs.com/rockband/ competition.I need your gamer tag and a commitment to practice together A LOT both online and live because showmanship is 50% of the contest.Reply here with your gamer tag if interested and we’ll hook up and give it a shot.Serious replies only please. I REALLY want to win this thing.

I have everything but the expert part down! Ugh, I really wish I was good enough!
just keep at it, you will eventually get thereI started playing the games in April of last year, barely finishing songs on easy. I can now 5 star almost any song on Hard, and have 100% many songs on expert. I still have a long way to go before I reach the level of some of really good players, but I can definitely hold my own now.