Figured maybe I should bump this one since we've been talking a lot about this in the other thread and clogging it up.
Bump didn't seem to work...I don't know what's happened lately, but I've been playing sooo much better. I used to have trouble with some of the top tier songs in RB2, but lately I can pass them all most of the time without relying on overdrive. Visions is still a bitch though...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump didn't seem to work...I don't know what's happened lately, but I've been playing sooo much better. I used to have trouble with some of the top tier songs in RB2, but lately I can pass them all most of the time without relying on overdrive. Visions is still a bitch though...
Visions is the only one I can't pass playing guitar on hard. Though I haven't spent alot of time practising it.
Breaks always help. When you play a song too many times, it screws you up as you start thinking too much.I had a similar problem with Enter Sandman originally, played it like 10 times and just couldn't get through it. Then didn't try for like 2 weeks, came back and beat it on the first try.

I'm still trying to beat all my songs on Expert Drums in RB1. Also working on convincing the wife that we should get RB2 and GHWT.In quite positive news, she's beaten around 125 of the songs on Easy Drums.

I'm still trying to beat all my songs on Expert Drums in RB1. Also working on convincing the wife that we should get RB2 and GHWT.In quite positive news, she's beaten around 125 of the songs on Easy Drums.
Feels good to say that....amirite?
I still don't know if i'm going to get GHWT. For some reason, I suck ass at GH3 and just finally beat it on hard.I also think my second guitar is about to break. Literally two days after I got home from Vegas in July, my first guitar broke and doesn't downstrum anymore. Last night, this guitar wasn't registering downstrums for a few seconds during a song, so looks like I get to buy another.
Did you ever see my message I sent on PS3?
I still don't know if i'm going to get GHWT. For some reason, I suck ass at GH3 and just finally beat it on hard.I also think my second guitar is about to break. Literally two days after I got home from Vegas in July, my first guitar broke and doesn't downstrum anymore. Last night, this guitar wasn't registering downstrums for a few seconds during a song, so looks like I get to buy another.
I had every intention of getting GHWT, but then I looked at the track list and the reviews, and I just don't know if I have a good reason to now. I can get so many songs on DLC for rockband, and if the interface/gameplay isn't as good as RB2, the only reason I would be getting it is basically for Hotel California, which is a song I've been wanting to play for a long time.
I had every intention of getting GHWT, but then I looked at the track list and the reviews, and I just don't know if I have a good reason to now. I can get so many songs on DLC for rockband, and if the interface/gameplay isn't as good as RB2, the only reason I would be getting it is basically for Hotel California, which is a song I've been wanting to play for a long time.
Yeah, I'd basically be buying it for like 4 or 5 songs. Including Hotel California. Maybe if I learn how to play poker sometime soon I can earn some extra cash.
Has anyone gotten their code yet for the 20 free songs?
no. I was happy to have today off so I could play the songs (and an early shift yesterday to play too =/) Looks like I'm about to blow some money on some DLC.

WeeeeeeeeeeeeFinally got the Rockband 2 bundle today.I've only played a couple of songs on it, but so far it's been amazingly fun.Question.I only see about 20 songs that I can play right off the bat. I thought the disc came with like 80+ songs. Do I have to unlock them in tour mode or something?

WeeeeeeeeeeeeFinally got the Rockband 2 bundle today.I've only played a couple of songs on it, but so far it's been amazingly fun.Question.I only see about 20 songs that I can play right off the bat. I thought the disc came with like 80+ songs. Do I have to unlock them in tour mode or something?
Yep exactly.Best way to get to them all is when you come across some sort of special thing with like 5 or 7 song sets, that's usually new songs in there, plus each new location will usually have a new song or two off the bat. Then once you get to them all, Go rent RB 1 and pay the 5 bucks to import all those songs too. :club:

Can somebody tell me why my guitar is different from the pictures I've seen online. Not drastically different, just the body seems to all black on mine while the pictures I've seen online have wood finish...Here's a picture of mine:Snapshot_20081107.jpgshouldn't it look like this?rbg2.jpg

Mine is the same way, I was kinda pissed too. I wonder if that one comes in the guitar pack, or maybe some just don't have it or something like that. All I know is that it works so much better than my old one, so I don't care, lol.I also ended up selling my RB1 last weekend, so that's good. Got like $85 for it, which kinda sucks, but when I had it listed at like $150/obo I never even got an offer. (W/ 2 guitars) But it's sure better than the 10 bucks or so I would have gotten from Gamestop, lol. (Plus they won't take drums)

Did some research online. Seems they did in fact decide to ship the solid black with all the bundles. It was kind of a big deal over on the official Rock Band forums. But, w.e. I don't really mind too much, I just thought maybe the bastards at GameStop had switched out the other guitar and put in a RockBand 1 in there instead.Anyway I've been putting in a ton of time into the game. I slightly prefer drums over guitar. I was playing pretty much all night and now my foot is kind of sore, lol. Although I did start using a trick I saw a few people use on youtube videos in which you keep the pedal down while you're resting. Seems to not be as tiring that way and easier to hit notes since you don't have to bring the pedal all the way up, usually half way and the note registers.As far as the 20 free songs, they were just meh, for me. I knew there weren't going to be any known bands but I pretty much disliked all but a few of them. Way too much heavy metal which I'm not a big fan of. At least I'm making progress in Tour mode and unlocking new songs.

I wish the 20 songs were more balanced difficulty wise. Only one 7th tier, no 6th tier, and 2 5th tier guitar songs =/They're decent though, nothing special. What do you expect for that price point?