Just got this Tuesday and finally got to play it tonight....Some great tracks....Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 1 coming to PS2, Wii this July64 Comments by Ludwig Kietzmann May 5th 2008 12:56PM Filed under: Sony PlayStation 2, Nintendo Wii, Rhythm"I'm perfectly satisfied," you say to yourself as your fingers dart across spongy, fake frets. "I don't need those fancy high-definition graphics. As long as I can make out the notes, I'm happy. Heck, I can even see them when I close my eyes." Indeed, you're more than delighted with the PS2 version of Rock Band, the musical friend that keeps you company as you rock out in the basement. Alone.EA, Harmonix and MTV Games can't help you with your graphics or self-deception issues, but they can offer you some of the downloadable tracks that Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners of Rock Band have been enjoying. Mind you, they won't be "downloadable" so much as they'll be purchasable for $29.99. The Rock Band Track Pack Volume 1, headed for Wii (the full game is out on June 22) and PlayStation 2 on July 15th, will contain 20 songs from such artists as David Bowie, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Weezer and Oasis. Peer past the break for the full list and see if you go, "Ah, there's that song I like! I will gladly purchase this standalone set of tracks! I'm still talking to myself!"30 Seconds to Mars -- "The Kill" All American Rejects -- "Move Along" Blink – 182 -- "All the Small Things" Boston -- "More Than a Feeling" David Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream" Faith No More -- "We Care A Lot" Grateful Dead -- "Truckin'" The Hives -- "Die, All Right!" KISS -- "Calling Dr. Love" Lynyrd Skynyrd -- "Gimme' Three Steps" Nine Inch Nails -- "March of the Pigs" Oasis -- "Live Forever" Paramore -- "Crushcrushcrush" The Police -- "Synchronicity II" Queens of the Stone Age -- "Little Sister" Ramones -- "Teenage Lobotomy" Smashing Pumpkins -- "Siva" Stone Temple Pilots -- "Interstate Love Song" Weezer -- "Buddy Holly" Wolfmother -- "Joker & the Thief"

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this Tuesday and finally got to play it tonight....Some great tracks....Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 1 coming to PS2, Wii this July64 Comments by Ludwig Kietzmann May 5th 2008 12:56PM Filed under: Sony PlayStation 2, Nintendo Wii, Rhythm"I'm perfectly satisfied," you say to yourself as your fingers dart across spongy, fake frets. "I don't need those fancy high-definition graphics. As long as I can make out the notes, I'm happy. Heck, I can even see them when I close my eyes." Indeed, you're more than delighted with the PS2 version of Rock Band, the musical friend that keeps you company as you rock out in the basement. Alone.EA, Harmonix and MTV Games can't help you with your graphics or self-deception issues, but they can offer you some of the downloadable tracks that Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners of Rock Band have been enjoying. Mind you, they won't be "downloadable" so much as they'll be purchasable for $29.99. The Rock Band Track Pack Volume 1, headed for Wii (the full game is out on June 22) and PlayStation 2 on July 15th, will contain 20 songs from such artists as David Bowie, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Weezer and Oasis. Peer past the break for the full list and see if you go, "Ah, there's that song I like! I will gladly purchase this standalone set of tracks! I'm still talking to myself!"30 Seconds to Mars -- "The Kill" All American Rejects -- "Move Along" Blink – 182 -- "All the Small Things" Boston -- "More Than a Feeling" David Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream" Faith No More -- "We Care A Lot" Grateful Dead -- "Truckin'" The Hives -- "Die, All Right!" KISS -- "Calling Dr. Love" Lynyrd Skynyrd -- "Gimme' Three Steps" Nine Inch Nails -- "March of the Pigs" Oasis -- "Live Forever" Paramore -- "Crushcrushcrush" The Police -- "Synchronicity II" Queens of the Stone Age -- "Little Sister" Ramones -- "Teenage Lobotomy" Smashing Pumpkins -- "Siva" Stone Temple Pilots -- "Interstate Love Song" Weezer -- "Buddy Holly" Wolfmother -- "Joker & the Thief"
Having a 360 ftw imo. Also <3 Paramore alot (in general). Crushcrushcrush is a pretty boring song to play though.
Ya but....I love that song.I love my Wii also.....
I haven't played my Wii in ages. I love the song too, but I've never tried it on anything other than guitar and it's a fairly easy 5 star on that.I can't wait for the Paramore track pack, which was confirmed before but I'm sure will they'll hold off on it until RB2. I also noticed That's What You Get is on the RB2 track list, should be a great drums song.
I haven't played my Wii in ages. I love the song too, but I've never tried it on anything other than guitar and it's a fairly easy 5 star on that.I can't wait for the Paramore track pack, which was confirmed before but I'm sure will they'll hold off on it until RB2. I also noticed That's What You Get is on the RB2 track list, should be a great drums song.
No doubt.

I wonder if the new instruments will be worth buying all over again. They said the new drums have a metal petal, and better guitars. Wonder if I should sell my old one before this one comes out, to maxmize the value.

I wonder if the new instruments will be worth buying all over again. They said the new drums have a metal petal, and better guitars. Wonder if I should sell my old one before this one comes out, to maxmize the value.
I would go ahead and sell off the Rock Band guitar now, and purchase a Guitar Hero guitar (what I did). They hold up much better than the RB guitars and will probably be cheaper than getting the RB2 guitars when they come out.
I would go ahead and sell off the Rock Band guitar now, and purchase a Guitar Hero guitar (what I did). They hold up much better than the RB guitars and will probably be cheaper than getting the RB2 guitars when they come out.
Not to mention it's infinitely better in every way and doesn't have that POS strum limit.
I have PS3.... not compatible.
Just beat it on Hard today. "Reaper" kept kicking my ass about 90% through until I forced myself to play that section over and over in Practice. Was able to beat the final tier with mostly 4-stars...aside from "Run to the Hills"...which trounced me the one time I tried to play it. I guess that's the last non-DLC that I haven't beaten on Hard.How many songs have y'all gold-starred? (100% on Expert) I picked up my first with "Countdown to Insanity" a few weeks ago. I think there's a really simple Pixies song that's likely to be next.
Started working on 5starring/goldstarring songs yesterday. only 2 gold I have so far is "i think im paranoid" and "dani california"
How many songs have y'all gold-starred? (100% on Expert) I picked up my first with "Countdown to Insanity" a few weeks ago. I think there's a really simple Pixies song that's likely to be next.
Actually, on RB, the gold stars you can get without Full Comboing the songs, there's just a higher point threshold. Some of the lower tier songs you actually do have to full combo (the Garbage one, Maps, Ok Go) and use star power at the right places, but the higher tier songs you gold star it without actually having to FC. On the PS2 and Wii, the gold star threshold is about 10% lower than on PS3, so it's easier still.
Actually, on RB, the gold stars you can get without Full Comboing the songs, there's just a higher point threshold. Some of the lower tier songs you actually do have to full combo (the Garbage one, Maps, Ok Go) and use star power at the right places, but the higher tier songs you gold star it without actually having to FC. On the PS2 and Wii, the gold star threshold is about 10% lower than on PS3, so it's easier still.
I just figured that out. Actually, I don't think you have to on the Garbage song...since it was my second Gold Star. I got about fifteen notes from the end when it gave me the Gold Star.
  • 2 weeks later...

Beaten all of the songs I have (~180) on Hard Drums aside from "Run to the Hills" and "Hammerhead". Think I'm about a third of the way through Expert.

I'm getting a little bored with guitar, so I started playing drums on hard. It sucks cause I have lenolium floors and a cat whose hair gets all over the place, so when I'm stomping the kick-pedal rapidly, the whole drum-set starts to shift and messes me up. I'm stuck on the 4th tier songs now.

I was trying to beat Run to the Hills on expert and was getting really frustrated, and I ended up snapping one of my sticks over my leg, sigh.

very happy with the 2 SOAD songs
not me, I would have rather seen Aerials and Chop Suey
I was really hyped to get them, but I was a little disappointed. To cure my disappointment, I got Snow(hey oh) because a friend said it was probably doable for me. I'm now very disappointed in the purchases I made today.
To cure my disappointment, I got Snow(hey oh) because a friend said it was probably doable for me.
I think "Snow ((Hey Oh))" might be my favorite DLC in a while.I've probably 5-starred 90% of my ~180 songs on Hard Drums. Only one or two 3-stars and still those two that I can't beat ("Hammerhead" and "Run to the Hills"). I think I could beat "Hammerhead" if I went into Practice and figured out the pattern. The red/greens eff me up when they alternate between being together and alternating...cause they're spread so far apart.
I think "Snow ((Hey Oh))" might be my favorite DLC in a while.
Oh, I def like the song, I just think it's giving me carpal tunnel from playing it on x-guitar.
Oh, I def like the song, I just think it's giving me carpal tunnel from playing it on x-guitar.
Yeah...it sounds like it'd be pretty sick on guitar...I haven't tried it on anything aside from Drums.
I was trying to beat Run to the Hills on expert and was getting really frustrated, and I ended up snapping one of my sticks over my leg, sigh.
ya, i have some nice dents in my wall lolhaving a sock over the red pad for Run to the Hills helps a TON, i could never do it until I decided to put the sock back on, then easily 4 starred it
not me, I would have rather seen Aerials and Chop Suey
Aerials woud be boring on drums and chop suey I believe was on the RB2 track list. (just checked and indeed it is listed for RB2)Both BYOB and Toxicity are great for drums, which is the only thing I play on RB so that is why I was pleased.
I'm getting a little bored with guitar, so I started playing drums on hard. It sucks cause I have lenolium floors and a cat whose hair gets all over the place, so when I'm stomping the kick-pedal rapidly, the whole drum-set starts to shift and messes me up. I'm stuck on the 4th tier songs now.
I was actually stuck on Maps (tier 3.) Once I beat that, I cruised all the way to the tier 8 songs with only one tier 7 song giving me much trouble. Granted I got mostly 3 and 4 stars, but I passed them :club: