I'm actually a drummer so the answer is no, your hands shouldn't cramp if you're holding them properly. your middle and index finger essentially balance the sticks and as your wrist hits the drum let loose your pinky and ring finger...the stick will just bounce off the drum and when it comes back to your hand you use the pinky/ring finger to catch. try it with just the drum pad...you'll get used to it. once you get better you can do 8th and 16th notes with the same hand without much effort.as for the kick drum that's just plain exercise. you can adjust the pedal for less resistance to ease the pain but you'll find you want more resistance for improved control. in a real drum it helps make a bigger BOOM
The RB bass pedal is nothing at all like a real pedal. You have to be gentle with it and place your foot on it a certain way so as not to break it in half which is actually quite common.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RB bass pedal is nothing at all like a real pedal. You have to be gentle with it and place your foot on it a certain way so as not to break it in half which is actually quite common.
Which I just did last week. I only had about 7 songs left on expert, too.
Which I just did last week. I only had about 7 songs left on expert, too.
Yeah, I don't do well in hard simply because I don't want to break my pedal. I am thinking about getting a used midi bass pedal off ebay one day and using that. Friend did that and got some adapter and it works perfectly.
Yeah, I don't do well in hard simply because I don't want to break my pedal. I am thinking about getting a used midi bass pedal off ebay one day and using that. Friend did that and got some adapter and it works perfectly.
I bought a medal pad for $20 on ebay that screws on top of it. It's nigh indestructible now.Also, the Pixies album and new Weezer songs are pretty good.
really? I've kicked that peddle pretty hard without any problems. of course guitars are another story altogether...In other news...heard a rumour about a Rock Band contest for north america. There is a major band (this might be private so I won't say) is totally behind the project and would allow the winning group to perform on stage during a show. Thought that was pretty cool.
really? I've kicked that peddle pretty hard without any problems. of course guitars are another story altogether...In other news...heard a rumour about a Rock Band contest for north america. There is a major band (this might be private so I won't say) is totally behind the project and would allow the winning group to perform on stage during a show. Thought that was pretty cool.
Private to who? Unless you work for the company, I think you can tell us what you've heard.
Private to who? Unless you work for the company, I think you can tell us what you've heard.
I'd tell ya Kurt but then I'd...well, ya know...say please don't tell anyone else.I don't work for RB but my friend is in on the marketing side. The contest isn't the important thing...I'm sure it was gonna happen regardless. the band itself needs to be hush hush (if I find out it's not then I'll post it later)
I'd tell ya Kurt but then I'd...well, ya know...say please don't tell anyone else.I don't work for RB but my friend is in on the marketing side. The contest isn't the important thing...I'm sure it was gonna happen regardless. the band itself needs to be hush hush (if I find out it's not then I'll post it later)
I won't tell a soul.
Rock Band 2 track list announced.http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/888/888781p1.htmloverall pretty good. Cannot wait for Teenage Riot.
"Girl's Not Grey"! "Livin' On A Prayer"! "The Middle"! "Carry On Wayward Son"! "Come Out & Play"! Journey!(This list kicks so much ass.)I just noticed mentioned of Konami's Rock Revolution...which will have Jimmy Eat World's "Pain"...which would be quite fun to play on drums. However, I understand the game will only have 40 songs and they're all covers...so that's dumb.

About the pedal breaking, I had that happen to me a few months ago, i ended up taking 2 pieces of hard cardboard and making a splint, but packing tape all around it and it's fine, can even play all those disturbed songs without it bending

Has anyone who played both GH3 and RB (other than myself and Tehtoe) noticed that the hammer-ons are extremely different between the games? I find RB to be intolerably difficult, making the harder songs much, much harder to play. My main question is if RB2 will have improved HO's, compared to RB1, somewhat like the difference from GH1 to GH2 (except not quite as drastic, as GH1 was impossible to do)

Has anyone who played both GH3 and RB (other than myself and Tehtoe) noticed that the hammer-ons are extremely different between the games? I find RB to be intolerably difficult, making the harder songs much, much harder to play. My main question is if RB2 will have improved HO's, compared to RB1, somewhat like the difference from GH1 to GH2 (except not quite as drastic, as GH1 was impossible to do)
I haven't really played GH, so I can't compare, but I agree... they kill me. I barely made it through medium... I have nowhere near enough skill to even tackle hard, because I can't figure out how to slide my hand, much less do HO's on 5 keys.But I think they did it relatively on purpose, because the songs in general are more realistic and therefore a bit easier than the crazy GH versions.
I think I prefer the HO/PO the way they are, gives an extra bit of excitement for hitting a run of trills or sweeps.
My main question is if RB2 will have improved HO's, compared to RB1, somewhat like the difference from GH1 to GH2 (except not quite as drastic, as GH1 was impossible to do)
I read that RB2 will have a new guitar that's less "spongey" on the strum bar and less clicky on the fret buttons. Also, I got a new guitar a few weeks ago that's more similar to the GH guitar that I like quite a bit.
I have both games, and yes I have also noticed that the hammer-on's are much easier on GH3. However, the flip side to that is that RB, overall, is much easier at the higher levels than GH3...for me that is. Expert on GH3 is freaking impossible.
"Next to You" is kicking my ass on expert drums.
lol i hate that song, both the difficulty and just in general. still yet to beat dont fear the reaper, so i just used cheats to play the rest of the songs. Oddly enough I can beat run to the hills and most of the other final tier songs(obv cant beat wont get fooled again lol). All I do now is play the Boston, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and a few other songs, cant wait for RB2, going to be a lot more songs on it that I'll enjoy playing over and over
"Next to You" is kicking my ass on expert drums.
Just beat it on Hard today. "Reaper" kept kicking my ass about 90% through until I forced myself to play that section over and over in Practice. Was able to beat the final tier with mostly 4-stars...aside from "Run to the Hills"...which trounced me the one time I tried to play it. I guess that's the last non-DLC that I haven't beaten on Hard.How many songs have y'all gold-starred? (100% on Expert) I picked up my first with "Countdown to Insanity" a few weeks ago. I think there's a really simple Pixies song that's likely to be next.
Yeah, I remember bringing this up to you a few days ago, so obv I agree with the whole thing.Has anyone seen the new GH:WT guitar? The neck has a touch sensitive thing for sliding solos.