Doesn't seem that this has been discussed here yet. JJProdigy is about to turn 18 and in an apparent attempt to legitimize himself and/or prevent an ass-kicking at the upcoming PCA, he has posted an apology. He says yes, he has been multi-accounting as recently as a couple weeks ago, and in this thread provides a few details about how he was doing it (multiple verizon wireless cards) and pledges to stop. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=87201What do we think, is there any way this guy will be allowed to play openly online ever? Does he get any credit for this apology?

It's hard to pick out where to start. The past few years, I have been forced to go underground and stay mysterious. It's not something I really chose, but it was something forced upon me. I was fourteen turning fifteen, and I was much too immature to handle the situation (ABlackCar incident, and the underage violations that followed). I am almost embarrassed reading my posts about the situation, but I realize that I was still very young at the time. I don't mean to use this as an excuse, but I was clueless. Ever since that day, I have been forced to stay under the surface.After all that happened, I was banned from PokerStars and PartyPoker, and all my accounts were closed for being underage. My immaturity again was working against me. I didn't think what I was doing was wrong. After that, it was a downward spiral. I was a fugitive in the online poker world. I used the reasoning "if I'm already a wanted man, I might as well maximize my value." It was terrible logic, but it made sense to me then.I continued to back players and continued meeting more people. This wasn't easy for me, since I knew I had to watch who I trusted. I couldn't leave the game, there was just no way. I had to be playing, I had to be involved. I don't think you could call it an obsession, as much as a passion. I loved the game so deeply that I would play it at any cost. I'd use screen names of people I hardly knew, which ended up in me getting screwed over multiple times. For some reason, I never cared. The money never mattered to me; I was just in love with the game.Throughout this period, I could really see myself growing up. Well, during the time I didn't, but now I can see it. I started getting more conscious about playing on sites that I had already been shut away from. It had begun to tear me apart inside. It was a confliction between my own growing maturity and my childish passion for the game, and my childish passion was winning. Accounts were getting closed, people were trying to take money from me, but I kept playing full force. I regret it, but I understand my position. I still don't fully understand myself, but I didn't care about the money, the drama, anything really. I just wanted to keep playing the game. I was stubborn and ignorant to what I was doing.Transition to present time. I do believe I have matured and developed a sense of morals and personal ethics. I was always too scared to apologize to the community, mostly due to the fact I didn't think what I was doing was wrong. I finally realize now that I was cheating completely. I neglected my fellow poker players and cheated a wonderful thing we have with online poker. I betrayed a community I cared so much about all for selfish reasons. It shames me to think about it. I did it for so long, and I never had the courage to quit and admit what I was doing was wrong.So, I write this to officially apologize to the community. I apologize to the people that have been close to me and have been given a negative name due to my actions. I apologize to all the players I played with under unknown names and gave myself an unfair advantage. I give my word that I will never multi-account again, and I will not play online until I am 18. I apologize to the sites that I unfairly took advantage of. I don't expect to be forgiven right away, but I hope I can earn the forgiveness of the community, the sites, and even my friends.

It's an extremely forced, insincere apology IMO. Had he done this 6 months or a year ago, maybe it is legit. However, like Thay3r said, "Nice to see his pennance is taking a vacation for the holidays." He only did this so that it would be a little less awkward when he meets people at the PCA.There is no way to prevent him from playing live tourneys. However, I think it would be cool if nobody would play with him at cash games. He tries to sit down, everybody else just stands up and leaves.

What did this guy do again?I'm too young to remember.
He was one of the original people caught multiaccounting about 2 years ago when he won the Party Sunday Million on an account he claimed belonged to his grandma. He was then banned from Party and I believe Stars and FT, and has since been using other people's accounts and multiaccounting, and in doing so cheating thousands of people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Best post of the thread so far courtesy of Shaniac.

I think the one thing that's obvious from your actions in the past, and your tone and comments today, is that you have almost no idea the extent of poor taste and twisted ethics you embody. You don't even seem to have a basic understanding of such things. I say this with your best interest in mind--you say it like you USED to be young and stupid and now you're all grown and mature, but it's obvious you're still young and stupid (not that there is anything wrong with that, we were all basically young and stupid at 18, even the geniuses). Instead of trying to prove or demonstrate that you are no longer the corrupt little teenager you admit to being recently, you should just surrender completely and acknowledge the fact that you have no idea what's right and what's wrong and will need a lot of guidance in order to achieve the framework for such an understanding. Just like a 12-step program, admitting you are powerless against your inner scumbag was the first step, now it's time to do other things like separate yourself from the people who enabled you and, eventually, to make amends. In the meantime, nothing is going to change--you have revealed that are still deeply embedded in a rather large backing operation, one that requires the trust and cooperation of many people to begin with, and I don't think you can possibly begin to convince anyone with a brain that you are reforming until you remove yourself completely from all the dealings that you've been caught up in since your crooked little career began. Ultimately, I believe the sites should give you your accounts back, but Todd Terry offered you the most profound suggestion in this thread: give everything up, come back to the game as a humbled individual, make actual financial reparations. Then, you can begin to be considered rehabilitated.
He was one of the original people caught multiaccounting about 2 years ago when he won the Party Sunday Million on an account he claimed belonged to his grandma. He was then banned from Party and I believe Stars and FT, and has since been using other people's accounts and multiaccounting, and in doing so cheating thousands of people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
he was also underage

everyone is remorseful once they've been caught. the public acts of contrition are hollow and weak. if he shows up on television for the weeping portion of this charade i'm going to be there to blast his goddamn ovaries.

everyone is remorseful once they've been caught. the public acts of contrition are hollow and weak. if he shows up on television for the weeping portion of this charade i'm going to be there to blast his goddamn ovaries.
I will be there to see it.Why you'd waste your time on an idiot like him when you're in the Bahamas is beyond me though.
he was also underage
Given my history, I personally don't think this is a big deal at all. Underage players are not cheating anybody else out of EV because they are not doing anything to gain an edge over anybody else.
Given my history, I personally don't think this is a big deal at all. Underage players are not cheating anybody else out of EV because they are not doing anything to gain an edge over anybody else.
The difference is you never did anything stupid to get caught, JJ did.
he's definitely NOT remorseful, despite having been caught. he's merely attempting to calm the waters before he physically appears in the same room as 1000 or so people who he effectively robbed.he is a dumb cunt who can die of cancer of the aids. imo.
Yea Yea 30% of all the players that regularly play the big buy tourneys online are multi accounting anyway,if they are not working fir the sites themselves. :club:
Nice stat you pulled out of your ass there, sir. Followed up by a very thinly veiled "online sites are rigged" statement. WP.
Yea Yea 30% of all the players that regularly play the big buy tourneys online are multi accounting anyway,if they are not working fir the sites themselves. :club:
Nice stat you pulled out of your ass there, sir. Followed up by a very thinly veiled "online sites are rigged" statement. WP.
any more than 30% in his ass is presumably painful.

I am so tired of the whole "I was young and immature" excuse for being a cheating scumbag. He KNEW what he was doing was against the rules - this has nothing to do with his age. He should be shunned as a cheater.Actions have consequences.