Late Tournament Hand

Hi all, was hoping to get some feedback on what you would have done in this situation.Some background:It is late tournament, and everyone left has just hit the money. I am second in chips at this table with 22000, the chip leader has 25000 and everyone else has between 2000 and 12000. I am small blind, chip leader is big blind. Everyone folds to me and I limp with Q8o. Against another player in this situation I would probably raise, but I've been playing the chip leader for a while now and we both prefer to see cheap flops, I am confident he won't raise me unless he has a big hand. He checks and we see the flop: Q 2 7. The chip leader is a solid agressive player who's play I respect. My notes say 'when you have the goods, check it to him. He will raise.' Seeing this flop, and knowing since he is the BB he has a random 2 cards, I feel confident I have the best hand. Would you feel confident in this spot? Curious to know how you all would play this one, thanks

Gotta agree. He does not want to tangle with you, as much as you should not want to tangle with him. I say bet (size of bet depends on level of blinds (3BB or 10% of your stack seems right)), if he comes back, let it go. If he flat calls, you really have be careful. If he calls, you need to see how the turn fits your hand.

I would bet in this situation.  If he raises you on the flop, or on the turn, you know you are beat either by kicker trouble, or two pair.
i think you fold too easily if you put everyone who raises on a better hand than youif you're guaranteed a bet from him, check and raise or call and bet the turn. if he plays back then you can put him on something good easier than if he just raises your flop bet, ill do that with nothing against someone that doesnt need to be involved with me

Yes, you probably have the best hand at this moment.But in no way is your hand safe enough to check to your opponent, giving him a chance for a free card.You want to take this pot right now.And you want him to fold any Ace/King-rags that can out draw you.If he plays back at you after your bet, then you may already be in trouble.At that point, use your read to play accordingly.But in the current situation, a bet is certainly warranted.--cnm

Heh, I posted this like 5 minutes after I lost the hand. The tourney had been going close to 3 hours. I'm fairly new to poker and I've been doing great in sit n goes with 9 and 18 players so I started trying big tournies lately. My problem, which is what got me here, is after it gets to around 3 hours I start to burn out and lose my discipline. I was very happy with my play up until this hand. I did indeed check the flop, thinking I had the chip leader right where I wanted him. I knew he would bet, and sure enough he bet 3XBB 1800. I reraised to 3600 and expected him to fold. When he reraised to 7200 I should have folded. I had folded in situations like this throughout the tourney when I was playing a player who's play I respected and who had me covered. But here my discipline cracked and I decided he was making a move on me with mid-pair. I got greedy. I should have straight up bet the flop with the chip leader, when he reraised I could have gotten away from it easier. Thanks for the input all. Oh almost forgot, he had QTo.