A Clay Aiken Christmas

I'm not sure it's physically...or perhaps mentally...possible for RR to be jealous of CA. That's like me being jealous of Matt_Damon's rapist's wit.
I know.
who is Clay Aiken?
Thats a pretty deep question. I feel only Clay can tell us WHO Clay really is.
Errors in the above post:1) Dates are the same for everybody using a Gregorian calendar, and Christmas, with a few notable exceptions, falls on Dec. 25. Thus it is not Christmas everyday somewhere in the world, a completely ridiculous suggestion. 2) It is generally accepted within the scientific community that it is impossible to "steal time", let alone a whole day. You'll have to be more clear though, did Evil Incarnate physically grab the time and run away, or what? He ran to the hills, can you explain why? If he has the power to steal time, presumably he doesn't really need to hide, does he?3) "liquefied destruction in his loins". Oh boy. Not really sure what to say there.4) How did the bluebird's forest friends know the song which you apparently had just constructed then and there? You mention something about the Creator of the Universe having something to do with it with his "wry smile", but honestly this part of the story is a bit confusing to me. I'm not saying it's impossible, but definitely needs some explaining.If you can clear any of these points up, that would be fantastic. Thanks Clay.
As Clay’s PR guy, I think I can clarify a few of these points.1) Christmas isn’t just a day on the calendar; it’s a feeling of love, family, and joy that radiates through the mind, body, and spirit. Clay has that feeling everyday and he attempts to spread this “Christmas” cheer throughout the world. In fact, if you check out his website you can download some Christmas spirit or find out when his Christmas spirit will be visiting your town. So you see, Clay does bring Christmas to some part of the world everyday of the year. December 25th is when Christmas returns the favor to him.2) When Clay explains that Evil Incarnate has stolen Christmas, he is again talking about the spirit of Christmas. The season has become a time of packed shopping malls, fighting for parking spots, credit card bills, and travel delays. Christmas has become a burden. The idea of Evil Incarnate scurrying to the hills is merely symbolic. Clay could “see” what was happening to Christmas and for him to chase after his memories of such joyous Christmases in the past would be an uphill climb. Instead of chasing after the evil that stole Christmas, he would instead summon Christmas to him!3) Clay takes some poetic license when describing evil.4) All of Clay’s music is inspired, but the origin of his inspiration is not always abundantly clear. Clay listens to his heart and he listens to all that surrounds him and he captures it all with his melodic voice. When Clay says the forest friends sang the song with him, he is saying that this Christmas spirit is within all of us and Clay’s music will be the beacon for that spirit to find its way out.I hope this helps, Rod.
So you see, Clay does bring Christmas to some part of the world everyday of the year. December 25th is when Christmas returns the favor to him.
Wonderful!
As Clay’s PR guy, I think I can clarify a few of these points.1) Christmas isn’t just a day on the calendar; it’s a feeling of love, family, and joy that radiates through the mind, body, and spirit. Clay has that feeling everyday and he attempts to spread this “Christmas” cheer throughout the world. In fact, if you check out his website you can download some Christmas spirit or find out when his Christmas spirit will be visiting your town. So you see, Clay does bring Christmas to some part of the world everyday of the year. December 25th is when Christmas returns the favor to him.2) When Clay explains that Evil Incarnate has stolen Christmas, he is again talking about the spirit of Christmas. The season has become a time of packed shopping malls, fighting for parking spots, credit card bills, and travel delays. Christmas has become a burden. The idea of Evil Incarnate scurrying to the hills is merely symbolic. Clay could “see” what was happening to Christmas and for him to chase after his memories of such joyous Christmases in the past would be an uphill climb. Instead of chasing after the evil that stole Christmas, he would instead summon Christmas to him!3) Clay takes some poetic license when describing evil.4) All of Clay’s music is inspired, but the origin of his inspiration is not always abundantly clear. Clay listens to his heart and he listens to all that surrounds him and he captures it all with his melodic voice. When Clay says the forest friends sang the song with him, he is saying that this Christmas spirit is within all of us and Clay’s music will be the beacon for that spirit to find its way out.I hope this helps, Rod.
I guess I was taking too much of a literalist approach, or perhaps just imposing my own personal epistemology on the text. You've definitely illuminated my understanding of Clay and his life's work and how this glorious man thinks, feels, acts and reacts to collage of experiences that life has thrown at him. And the fact that he's put the Christmas spirit onto his website, available for download, is simply marvelous. Marvelous.But still, five commas, in one sentence, is way too many, I do believe, agreed?
Since it is somewhat related to this thread, could you confirm, deny, or avoid my post, which was in response to the bump, in this thread?
Oh yeah, I meant to ask you this when I first saw your post there: I don't get it.I guess I'm not really asking you something so much as I'm stating my confusion. Some might say it is implied that I am asking for an explanation, but I feel like that's adding too many levels of confusion.So let me rephrase: what did you mean by that?

Truths:1. Rod Reynolds has a time machine.2. Rod Reynolds has traveled in time.3. Rod Reynolds is jealous of Clay Aiken.4. I am awesome (But that's not important at the moment).Possibilities:1. Rod Reynolds traveled in time to sometime after that guy with the freaky avatar bumped the girlfriend thread in general poker by quoting a Clay Aiken Post. Rod Reynolds saw this and obviously was very jealous. He's the jealous type.What we don't know is if this is the original source of Rod's jealousy or perhaps just further fueled his jealous rage.Also, we wonder why there is not a second statement under possibilities. First of all, I used the plural possibilities instead of the singular possibility. Secondly, if you're going to have the number one, then you should at least have a number two. Otherwise, there's really no need for that first number. Unless it's a telephone number.

Truths:1. Rod Reynolds has a time machine.2. Rod Reynolds has traveled in time.3. Rod Reynolds is jealous of Clay Aiken.4. I am awesome (But that's not important at the moment).Possibilities:1. Rod Reynolds traveled in time to sometime after that guy with the freaky avatar bumped the girlfriend thread in general poker by quoting a Clay Aiken Post. Rod Reynolds saw this and obviously was very jealous. He's the jealous type.What we don't know is if this is the original source of Rod's jealousy or perhaps just further fueled his jealous rage.Also, we wonder why there is not a second statement under possibilities. First of all, I used the plural possibilities instead of the singular possibility. Secondly, if you're going to have the number one, then you should at least have a number two. Otherwise, there's really no need for that first number. Unless it's a telephone number.
Truths:1. I do have a time machine, I use it sparingly and only for good.2. I am of course jealous of Clay Aiken, who wouldn't be? His smile is angelic.3. Despite these two truths, I am honestly very confused as to what you are trying to say. I am considering withdrawing my approval of you.

I'm just saying that because you have a time machine, it's entirely possible that the bump by SpiderGuard may have been the source of your Clay Aiken jealousy.edit: If I had a time machine, I'd use it to make predictions. Mostly predictions about WSOP winners.

I'm just saying that because you have a time machine, it's entirely possible that the bump by SpiderGuard may have been the source of your Clay Aiken jealousy.
I see, now I'm following, "being of average intellect so I can follow basic statements" is not really my "strong suit". Now that I think about it though, I did travel to early morning Dec. 26 sometime on the 23rd (I had some shopping to do that day, and I needed to know what the future me had received for Christmas so my gifts for them wouldn't be ridiculous. Then I saw the receipts of the gifts I had bought for people and so I just bought those things), and I may have checked the forums, I honestly don't remember. When I got back a hatred for Clay was consuming me, but a hatred for Clay usually consumes me.
edit: If I had a time machine, I'd use it to make predictions. Mostly predictions about WSOP winners.
I always do that! Also, my future self has taken to warning my past self of future calamities, which is nice too. It doesn't really help the present me at all, but it's nice to see them looking out for each other.
  • 14 years later...

15 years had passed since the last Christmas Miracle. Christmases had come and gone, day after day, each one more uneventful than the last. Evil Incarnate had nary made an appearance, and my bluebird friend had all but disappeared. Is this good, I asked myself repeatedly? For though there was no evil, there was also no beauty and light with which to overcome the nonexistent darkness. As I stumbled through alleyways and deserted streets, I began to cry. For was I even needed anymore? Had my purpose been fulfilled, and now I must simply continue my wandering until I one day dematerialize and reemerge into my second existence? This thought devastated me, and my crying turned into weeping, my weeping turned into howling, my howling into writhing, and my writhing into some more howling, somewhat louder than the previous howls. 

As I mourned, behold, a soft sound in the distance. A gentle coo, a coo that I would recognize anywhere, for it was my bluebird friend coming once again to soothe my suffering soul. But as he approached, sounds that I did recognize came hurtling toward me, a sonic boom that overcame my bluebird friend, sending him hurtling to the ground. As I reached out toward my friend, I could see his mouth moving, but no sound could I hear. For my eardrums had been rendered useless by that same sonic weapon that had injured my friend. 

But as I picked up my bluebird friend, I found a note attached to his feeble frame. I trembled as I opened it, for it said "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it".  And in that instant I could once again hear, but not using my now destroyed ears. My entire body has now become attuned to the vibrations of the Universe and I could indeed hear everything. I could hear sound, but more, I could hear the light that bore this very Universe into existence. And as I began to once again weep, this time out of delight, my bluebird friend began a song, that same song from years ago, to once again remind me of all that is good and true. And as he flew away, he turned his tiny head and looked into my eyes, deep into my soul, and whispered with his gaze "a merry Christmas to everyone".  This I truly and honestly believe. Wonderful!! 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1