January 26 Tournament

This is another idea that would last about 9 hours or so and is the one that Daniel uses, this is more of a WSOP style structure. I'm down with whatever ....structure.jpg
These are actually very similar structures. I slowed it down a tad and started antes later, about it. While some outsiders may do a ton of limping, with the amount of raising/3 betting I'm expecting from the FCP crew (which really stands out at FCP events compared to regular live poker), I wanted to make sure there was still room for play in the middle levels. I will look at this more though and maybe go to a 10K starting structure/incorporate some of it into mine.
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm yea, I go to that mall on a regular basis. That sucks man.
Wifes Purse was stolen, video Ipod. they bought stuff at Target & Best Buy. 2K worth. From what cops said we werent the only ones that day.

Not to much difference between the two since DNA's starts with 10,000 chips. We could use DNA's but change the time to 30minutes. But either is fine.

I am definately coming but the time is the issue. I plan on being there 3:30-3:45. Once I see the structure and it is as slow as what you have described I will call you when I am on my way so you can put me in and blind me off. PM me your cell when you PM the address.
Sounds good. My guess is it will start closer to that time anyway, if history is any indication.
Not to much difference between the two since DNA's starts with 10,000 chips. We could use DNA's but change the time to 30minutes. But either is fine.
I prefer the introduction of antes as soon as possible, but this is your alls tourney and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the original structure posted. They are very similiar. 30 minutes will put it at 10+ hours
OK the current list is below. Please update me if you are questionable. If you are bolded that means your 100% in. If you have a ? next to your "confirmed" that means that you have indicated you are pretty much going, but please let me know for sure so I can remove the ?. Basically if you have a ? there at all let me know what is going on so I can update accordingly. chgocubs99 - Confirmedcubsfan44 - ConfirmedMJINK3 - Questionable-----------------------Please update ASAPLeftygolfer - OutSuited_Up - Probable (?)checky - Confirmed (?)DNA - ConfirmedBleacherbum - ConfirmedHubDub - Confirmed (?)HubDub's guest - Confirmed (?)Benhoug - Confirmed I'm about an 80% yes. I'll know for sure in a few daysGallo - Confirmed (?)pt special - Probable (?)Fluffdog - Probable (?)crookedlink - Confirmed (?)Speedkills - Questionable-------------------- Please update ASAPRogue - Questionable------------------------ Please update ASAP
Also, I just glanced at the structures, but I like DNA's a bit more. Mostly b/c of easier chip denominations.

Vick12- Very Doubtful.....=(I have my last boys tourney that weekend and it's my longest touney of the year. Normally I can be finished by around 5....that day i will be lucky to be done by 9...I will do everything I can to at least make an appearance, but I am 99% sure I can't make the mtt....boo!

Vick12- Very Doubtful.....=(I have my last boys tourney that weekend and it's my longest touney of the year. Normally I can be finished by around 5....that day i will be lucky to be done by 9...I will do everything I can to at least make an appearance, but I am 99% sure I can't make the mtt....boo!

I'm about 75% sure I'll be there. Only thing standing in the way right now is transportation since I'm car-less.I could probably take the CTA to get there, But I don't think I'd wanna take it back if the tourney runs too late. (ya, I'm in it to win it.)Anyway I'm on Northside of Chicago if anyone wants to give me a ride. I'd chip in with some gas money.

These are actually very similar structures. I slowed it down a tad and started antes later, about it. While some outsiders may do a ton of limping, with the amount of raising/3 betting I'm expecting from the FCP crew (which really stands out at FCP events compared to regular live poker), I wanted to make sure there was still room for play in the middle levels. I will look at this more though and maybe go to a 10K starting structure/incorporate some of it into mine.
Man, I got repopped so many times, I'm going to LIMP evertime when I enter a pot instead of raising, even if I have AA. Just sayin. Don't try and repop me in cash games because I WILL CALL.

I'm pretty much in as well. Hopefully I can get the mobnies, but it looks like I have a backup just incase now. ;)Just don't let me drink too much the night before, I have a habit of not getting out of bed if i'm hungover.

Man, I got repopped so many times, I'm going to LIMP evertime when I enter a pot instead of raising, even if I have AA. Just sayin. Don't try and repop me in cash games because I WILL CALL.
I'm pretty much in as well. Hopefully I can get the mobnies, but it looks like I have a backup just incase now. ;)Just don't let me drink too much the night before, I have a habit of not getting out of bed if i'm hungover.
lol....Donkeys...lol
So where we going drinking on Friday?Brigette said she'll go since I'll probably need a driver.If we HAVE to go out in that area, I do suggest Idols, good specials and lots of shit to do. OBV cheaper is better, lol. Anyone else have thoughts?And who's coming with us?
Alright I live in Schaumburg and have know clue where Idols is. I might be down to meet you guys up for a little bit. I play soccer on Friday nights, but I could stop by for a few after.
Alright I live in Schaumburg and have know clue where Idols is. I might be down to meet you guys up for a little bit. I play soccer on Friday nights, but I could stop by for a few after.
Idols is in Palatine.Good chance I'm going to Jersey's in Hoffman Estates that night. A band I like is playing there on that Friday.
Idols is in Palatine.Good chance I'm going to Jersey's in Hoffman Estates that night. A band I like is playing there on that Friday.
Any drink specials? lol. (Non beer)
As my designated driver and/or "cork" puller for KDawg.I am trying to get clearance from the tower to play boys. Got a lot on the dance cards these next 3 months.
mmmmmmmm, roberto pulling my cork.i may be able to do some cash game action as I get off of work between 5-7 all depending on how busy things are