January 26 Tournament

Also drunk right now.Yeah, I'm definitely in. DNA should be riding with me. I live in Hoffman Estates. Always looking forward to meeting more FCP'rs.
Please bring your pink boa.
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuuuuuck!! We just got our advertising schedule for this year and we have a private sale on Jan 26th. So depending on the structure once it's finalized I might be coming late dare I say Hellmuth style? If I am going to be more than 30 min late I'll still show up and wait for Gallo to bust out so we can start the cash game fun. I'll call when I'm leaving to find out. I know anyways with all these FCP'ers showing up it won't be starting on time anyway. 3o'clock? I will start the bidding at 3:34pm Bob.

DNA, if you end up staying in Schaumburg that is a great choice. Hillside is fine too, right near a garbage dump maybe but it would honestly be fine. Also a lot closer to my place. And clearly your whole trip is revolving around my tournament, so plan accordingly! In all seriousness Schaumburg about 30 min away from here tons of great shopping right there, and within 30-45 min of downtown Chicago too. Bleacherbum I've seen you around here before but come on out, without Jeff here I will need someone to talk about the Cubs with. This post took 30 minutes to type/edit into coherntness since I am drunk. FYI.
Yeah I booked in Schaumburg since Henry (bleacherbum) will be my chaueffuer (spelling?) for the weekend and he lives about 5 miles from there. I get in around 5:30 on Friday. We plan on hitting up some bars all night Friday, do the tourny Saturday, hit more bars Saturday night unless the tourny goes too late. Fly out Sunday around 11 am.

So where we going drinking on Friday?Brigette said she'll go since I'll probably need a driver.If we HAVE to go out in that area, I do suggest Idols, good specials and lots of shit to do. OBV cheaper is better, lol. Anyone else have thoughts?And who's coming with us?

So where we going drinking on Friday?Brigette said she'll go since I'll probably need a driver.If we HAVE to go out in that area, I do suggest Idols, good specials and lots of shit to do. OBV cheaper is better, lol. Anyone else have thoughts?And who's coming with us?
This can only lead to trouble. Which is why I won't be included. And also it wouldn't be good drinking and driving an hour back to my crib.
Im down.

I have 9 non-FCPers that are confirmed. I am going to edit the first post now to see how many of you all will be there. I have yet to begin the networking process but it starts this weekend. I am still expecting between 30-40 people. Let me get to work on the structure as well...I'll have that up within a few hours.

OK the current list is below. Please update me if you are questionable. If you are bolded that means your 100% in. If you have a ? next to your "confirmed" that means that you have indicated you are pretty much going, but please let me know for sure so I can remove the ?. Basically if you have a ? there at all let me know what is going on so I can update accordingly. chgocubs99 - Confirmedcubsfan44 - ConfirmedMJINK3 - Questionable-----------------------Please update ASAPLeftygolfer - OutSuited_Up - Probable (?)checky - Confirmed (?)DNA - ConfirmedBleacherbum - ConfirmedHubDub - Confirmed (?)HubDub's guest - Confirmed (?)Benhoug - Confirmed (?)Gallo - Confirmed (?)pt special - Probable (?)Fluffdog - Probable (?)crookedlink - Confirmed (?)Speedkills - Questionable-------------------- Please update ASAPRogue - Questionable------------------------ Please update ASAP

I think 8 or 9 hours is plenty long enough structure for just a $140 tournament.If you start at 3 and end by midnight that is a pretty good structure.

Also I am working on getting a few prizes, nothing big, but probably a FCP Copag pack of cards, FCP Shirt, something like that, to add to the prize pool.

I think 8 or 9 hours is plenty long enough structure for just a $140 tournament.If you start at 3 and end by midnight that is a pretty good structure.
agreed.

My car got broken into in Broadview last weekend at the China Buffet. The bad section of Broadview likes to go to the "good side" I guess. Its a good town overall, it just sucks its a neighbor with a bad town (Maywood). I would be interested in attending this tourny but cant confirm as of yet.

OK the current list is below. Please update me if you are questionable. If you are bolded that means your 100% in. If you have a ? next to your "confirmed" that means that you have indicated you are pretty much going, but please let me know for sure so I can remove the ?. Basically if you have a ? there at all let me know what is going on so I can update accordingly. chgocubs99 - Confirmedcubsfan44 - ConfirmedMJINK3 - Questionable-----------------------Please update ASAPLeftygolfer - OutSuited_Up - Probable (?)checky - Confirmed (?)DNA - ConfirmedBleacherbum - ConfirmedHubDub - Confirmed (?)HubDub's guest - Confirmed (?)Benhoug - Confirmed (?)Gallo - Confirmed (?)pt special - Probable (?)Fluffdog - Probable (?)crookedlink - Confirmed (?)Speedkills - Questionable-------------------- Please update ASAPRogue - Questionable------------------------ Please update ASAP
I am definately coming but the time is the issue. I plan on being there 3:30-3:45. Once I see the structure and it is as slow as what you have described I will call you when I am on my way so you can put me in and blind me off. PM me your cell when you PM the address.
My car got broken into in Broadview last weekend at the China Buffet. The bad section of Broadview likes to go to the "good side" I guess. Its a good town overall, it just sucks its a neighbor with a bad town (Maywood). I would be interested in attending this tourny but cant confirm as of yet.
Where's the China Buffet? I live in a section of Broadview that is surrounded by 22nd Street and Forest Preserve, and nothing else. It's like it's own town.
Where's the China Buffet? I live in a section of Broadview that is surrounded by 22nd Street and Forest Preserve, and nothing else. It's like it's own town.
Its called the Broadview square. Cermak & 17th Ave. Near Target, Home Depot.

OK, time for structure thoughts. I am very happy with this structure for a lot of reasons. And I don't want to be around till 6AM either so I cut my original plan for 4000 chips down to 2500 instead. Also started w/ 30 minute levels when blinds are very low, then moved to 40 minutes to allow for some play during the middle levels.2500 chips to start30 minute levels10/2020/4030/60breakBegin 40 minute levels50/10075/150100/200 25 antebreak (about 4 hours in now)150/300 25 ante200/400 50 ante300/600 50 ante break (about 6+ hours in)400/800 100 ante500/1000 100 ante600/1200 100 antebreak (about 8-9 hours in factoring in breaks, depending on number of players tournament should be over or very close to it by this point)800/1600 and up if needed

OK, time for structure thoughts. I am very happy with this structure for a lot of reasons. And I don't want to be around till 6AM either so I cut my original plan for 4000 chips down to 2500 instead. Also started w/ 30 minute levels when blinds are very low, then moved to 40 minutes to allow for some play during the middle levels.2500 chips to start30 minute levels10/2020/4030/60breakBegin 40 minute levels50/10075/150100/200 25 antebreak (about 4 hours in now)150/300 25 ante200/400 50 ante300/600 50 ante break (about 6+ hours in)400/800 100 ante500/1000 100 ante600/1200 100 antebreak (about 8-9 hours in factoring in breaks, depending on number of players tournament should be over or very close to it by this point)800/1600 and up if needed
This is another idea that would last about 9 hours or so and is the one that Daniel uses, this is more of a WSOP style structure that will allow for a lot of play. I'm down with whatever ....structure.jpgedit - that last level shouldnt say 25 minutes, just play that level til it's over