2008 Negreanu Open Tuesday Night Input Needed!

2008 NegO Tuesday Night Game  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Remain HORSE or switch to Mixed Game Rotation

• Keep it HORSE!
    • Switch to Mixed Game Rotation!
    • Either one is fine with me!
  2. 2. If Mixed Game - Top 5 Games You Would Like To See?

• No Limit Hold Em
    • Limit Hold Em
    • Omaha
    • Omaha 8 or better
    • 7 Card Stud
    • 7 Card Stud 8 or better
    • 5 Card Draw
    • 2-7 Triple Draw
    • Razz
    • H.O.R.S.E

Sup kids. I am in the process of preparing things for the 2008 Negreanu Open season and details will be posted when everything is finalized.There was some discussion during the 2007 season that some people would like to see the Tuesday Night games go back to a Mixed Game format instead of HORSE every week. A mixed game format basically rotates a different game each week.On stars we have the following options:

• NLHE
  • HE
  • Omaha
  • Omaha 8
  • Stud
  • Stud 8
  • 5 Card Draw
  • 2-7 Triple Draw
  • Razz
  • HORSE

If we do a mixed game format I would rather not have more than 5 games in the rotation. It is quite a bit of work to have Stars set up each of these formats with our deep stacks and special blind requests, etc. I personally would like to stay with the HORSE format, but I dont play these much anymore so I want to let everyone have their input. I will try to do what the majority wants to do.For the poll, please select if you would like the Tuesday night to stay HORSE or move to a Mixed Rotation. If you choose Mixed Rotation please select your top 5 choices for game selection in the rotation.Feel free to post comments for discussion. I need to decide this fairly soon since the Holidays are upon us and my goal is to start the 08 season January 8th/9th or 14th/15th at the latest.Also this poll is kinda weird in the fact it MAKES you answer both questions. If you want to keep it HORSE just select HORSE on both answers.

Sup kids. I am in the process of preparing things for the 2008 Negreanu Open season and details will be posted when everything is finalized.There was some discussion during the 2007 season that some people would like to see the Tuesday Night games go back to a Mixed Game format instead of HORSE every week. A mixed game format basically rotates a different game each week.On stars we have the following options:
  • NLHE
  • HE
  • Omaha
  • Omaha 8
  • Stud
  • Stud 8
  • 5 Card Draw
  • 2-7 Triple Draw
  • Razz
  • HORSE

If we do a mixed game format I would rather not have more than 5 games in the rotation. It is quite a bit of work to have Stars set up each of these formats with our deep stacks and special blind requests, etc. I personally would like to stay with the HORSE format, but I dont play these much anymore so I want to let everyone have their input. I will try to do what the majority wants to do.For the poll, please select if you would like the Tuesday night to stay HORSE or move to a Mixed Rotation. If you choose Mixed Rotation please select your top 5 choices for game selection in the rotation.Feel free to post comments for discussion. I need to decide this fairly soon since the Holidays are upon us and my goal is to start the 08 season January 8th/9th or 14th/15th at the latest.

I know I only played one of these and it was NL(took 3rd) obv thats how I roll...jk but I look forward to playing everyone in 08 and I would say keep it horse. That would be my vote. Also DN4ever u gonna be in Tunica. I called yest and they said every event was gonna be a deepstack.
I know I only played one of these and it was NL(took 3rd) obv thats how I roll...jk but I look forward to playing everyone in 08 and I would say keep it horse. That would be my vote. Also DN4ever u gonna be in Tunica. I called yest and they said every event was gonna be a deepstack.
I was definitely planning on going and playing at least one or two events, maybe some super sats, but I've got some weird things going on with my job right now that has everything in their air.

Only played in a few of these, but HORSE seemed like the right kind of mixed challenge to appeal to most people here. Should be the most all round player who's crowned champ and that's gotta be a good thing. HORSE is the prestige event at the WSOP, I don't see why it shouldn't be the same here.It would be nice if things could start earlier though. I'm in the UK so it's early morning when these tourneys begin, which really restricts how many I can enter.Also, razz up there near the top of the votes pile? Wow! I thought I'd be the only one to pick it!

Only played in a few of these, but HORSE seemed like the right kind of mixed challenge to appeal to most people here. Should be the most all round player who's crowned champ and that's gotta be a good thing. HORSE is the prestige event at the WSOP, I don't see why it shouldn't be the same here.It would be nice if things could start earlier though. I'm in the UK so it's early morning when these tourneys begin, which really restricts how many I can enter.Also, razz up there near the top of the votes pile? Wow! I thought I'd be the only one to pick it!
I agree with keeping it at HORSE. Unfortunately we have been round and round with the time and believe that 9 EST is what accomdates the majority of the people. I realize it is not convenient for every one, but there is just no way to accomodate every one unfortunately.

Like idea of HORSE, but would like to see each game have it's own tournament. For the mixed games format, if you could do 6 games in the rotation, that would equal 2 of each game per quarter (12 weeks per quarter). Here is my suggestion of the mixed games format:Omaha (Would prefer Pot-Limit if possible)O/8 (Could be either Limit or Pot Limit)StudStud 8/BRazzLimit Hold'em

Could the Negreanu Open maybe be held earlier? It's impossible for europeans like myself to play, since it starts at 1 AM my time. If it started about 3 hours earlier EU people might be able to play. Preferably even earlier, but i suppose the US people couldn't play anymore then.

Could the Negreanu Open maybe be held earlier? It's impossible for europeans like myself to play, since it starts at 1 AM my time. If it started about 3 hours earlier EU people might be able to play. Preferably even earlier, but i suppose the US people couldn't play anymore then.
See my response a few posts up to Jambot. There is no way to accomodate everyone and I agree it sucks for the EU people. If we move it up earlier then we lose the West Coast people. This time slot is what seems to work the best for as many people as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience for you and the other Euro players.
See my response a few posts up to Jambot. There is no way to accomodate everyone and I agree it sucks for the EU people. If we move it up earlier then we lose the West Coast people. This time slot is what seems to work the best for as many people as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience for you and the other Euro players.
and let's face it; West Coast > All of europe combined,including Australia and parts of South east Asia

I like where Checky is going. Mix the mixed game with a mix of mixed games. What about six HORSE tournaments and six with the individual games? (I'm only partially joking - I would actually really like such a format.)But whatever it is, I'll play. (Even though I'm in Europe. Who needs sleep anyway?)

lol @ all the votes for NLHE. Kindly piss off, tyvm.Keep it Horse, and change Wednesday Night to 2-7 Triple Draw. <sw>Excited, I'll be in on the groundfloor for the next season in both events. Anxious to see where I stack up against FCP's finest, at their drunkest.

would it be possible to have horse for most of the tourneys but throw in 1-2 2-7 tourneys per quarter?
We could always do what they did in 2006 for the WSOP Horse FT.. Make the top 8 finishers play NLHE or NL 2-7 TD to determine a champion, in a special STT "Playoff Week". The Winner of that table, of course, gets a t-shirt, visor, and a 30 minute phone call with DNA.To the victor go the spoils :club:

rotation is seriously the only way to go.The biggest problem with HORSE is that it's too hard to find tendency's and weakness's of the players in each game.Also, PLO has to be in the mix.

lol @ all the votes for NLHE. Kindly piss off, tyvm.
I found that a little funny too. So lets have one night every week where it's NL, and then every few weeks have NL both nights!! How could you go wrong???Good idea! *rolls eyes*

I say keep it HORSE. If not then a rotation of NLHE, PLO, 2-7, Stud/8, Razz is a great cross section of all the games. Maybe we can make our own HORSE-like rotation with those games? But maybe it's too much for Stars to do. Who knows. Either way, I'm in every Tuesday night.