If we were having this conversation in person, this is right about when we'd hug and I'd hold on for just a little too long, making you wonder about my intentions.
Long ago and oh so far awayI fell in love with you before the second showYour guitar, it sounds so sweet and clearBut you're not really hereIt's just the radio Don't you remember you told me you loved me babyYou said you'd be coming back this way again babyBaby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, I love you I really do
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most popular with women, and homosexuals, I meant to say. Sorry about that, essay.

• 2 years later...

WTF??http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/...t.ew/index.htmlGuillermo del Toro drops out of directing 'The Hobbit'Guillermo del Toro will no longer direct "The Hobbit," but will continue for the next several months to polish the scripts for the two-part "Lord of the Rings" prequel alongside Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyens, and Fran Walsh. Del Toro made the announcement Sunday via the J.R.R. Tolkien fan site TheOneRing.net."In light of ongoing delays in the setting of a start date for filming 'The Hobbit,' I am faced with the hardest decision of my life," Del Toro said. "After nearly two years of living, breathing and designing a world as rich as Tolkien's Middle Earth, I must, with great regret, take leave from helming these wonderful pictures. I remain grateful to Peter, Fran and Philippa Boyens, New Line and Warner Brothers and to all my crew in New Zealand.

Yeah, this is too bad, but it's hard to blame Del Toro. He signed on for a 3 year stint in New Zealand to make the movie, and that time line just got lengthened to 6 years.

You pretty much know Jackson is just going to step up and direct this, it's almost a given.
Man, I hope so. I just don't think it's as likely as you do.
  • 6 months later...

We have an update:http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/256-the-...ings-characters

"Lord of the Rings" director Peter Jackson's long-awaited film(s) of "The Hobbit" -- it'll be broken up into two movies -- will finally start shooting in February, which means he needs to nail down his cast for this adaptation of the J.R.R. Tolkien book that preceded "Rings." And this week it was announced that two big stars from the "Rings" trilogy were set to reprise their elven roles in "The Hobbit": Cate Blanchett and Orlando Bloom. That seemed like good news, but then we realized something: Their characters aren't even in Tolkien's book. So why are they going to be in the movie?The Hollywood Reporter revealed on Tuesday that Blanchett would once again be Galadriel; then a day later Deadline reported that Bloom is close to a deal to return to play Legolas. What neither story discussed is that Jackson is apparently writing the characters into the story of "The Hobbit": Galadriel is mentioned in other Tolkien works but doesn't appear in "The Hobbit," and as for Legolas, he first shows up in "The Fellowship of the Ring." And according to Deadline's story about the Bloom casting news, Legolas will be more than a walk-on role. Likewise, considering how gushing Jackson was in announcing Blanchett's involvement, calling her "one of my favorite actors to work with," it seems like she might be doing more than a cameo as well.We confess to never having read any Tolkien, but our friends who did were all pretty pleased with Jackson's reverent "Lord of the Rings" adaptations. He's clearly not going that way with his two-part "Hobbit" film, however, which will be shooting back-to-back and is expected to be released in installments in December 2012 and December 2013. Why the change of heart? It's hard to say. As The Guardian points out, Jackson did flesh out several of Tolkien's minor female characters for the "Rings" trilogy. And besides, he might understandably feel that he's built up enough good will with the Tolkien faithful to make a few "Hobbit" alterations.But while Jackson retools "The Hobbit," Deadline's story brings up another intriguing development, which is that negotiations to bring back actors Ian McKellen (who played Gandalf) and Andy Serkis (Gollum) -- who actually are in the original book -- "have been arduous and aren't completed yet." Considering that "The Hobbit" will star Martin Freeman (one of the stars of the original, British "The Office," who's hardly a household name) as Bilbo Baggins, Jackson is probably happy to let fans know that at least some of the actors they loved from the "Rings" trilogy will be putting in an appearance. It could backfire, though, if those same fans scream heresy because he's daring to tamper with Tolkien's story.
I really don't like the idea of him adding in popular characters just for the hell of it. There is no reason to do that. The Hobbit is going to be a Billion dollar franchise regardless of Orlando Bloom being involved or not. Also, if they don't get McKellan....well, I don't even want to consider it. He was the perfect Gandalf.
What? I don't like the sounds of this. You can`t just change the story.
I don't know...as long as they're just minor cameos, I don't think it's a big deal to anyone except extreme Tolkein freaks.I don't necessarily mean "freak" in a derogatory manner.
I don't know...as long as they're just minor cameos, I don't think it's a big deal to anyone except extreme Tolkein freaks.
From the article:And according to Deadline's story about the Bloom casting news, Legolas will be more than a walk-on role. Likewise, considering how gushing Jackson was in announcing Blanchett's involvement, calling her "one of my favorite actors to work with," it seems like she might be doing more than a cameo as well.
From the article:And according to Deadline's story about the Bloom casting news, Legolas will be more than a walk-on role. Likewise, considering how gushing Jackson was in announcing Blanchett's involvement, calling her "one of my favorite actors to work with," it seems like she might be doing more than a cameo as well.
This seriously sucks, just like making the whole Arwen story a much bigger thing.Legolas could have been around but remember Legolas's elves were bad guys in the hobbit.
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, I"m about to geek out here a bit. Seeing that Christopher Lee Is signing on to the movie, and I don't recall him in the original hobbit, I am forced to think that Galadriel and Saurman are going to be part of the Council of the wise. FOr those of you not familiar with the hobbit, there is a huge part of THe hobbit where Gandalf is gone, off doing something. You find out in LOTR what he was doing, He was convening the council of the wise, who decide that they need to fight Sauron, who was in some sort of fortress in the Haunted forest ( the one that Bilbo and gang has to cross). The council meets, discuss the ring, decide to kick sauron's ass and they do so, before Gandalf returns to bilbo and the dwarfs . All of this goes on "off screen" in the hobbit, but I don't think from a story telling standpoint it makes sense to have gandalf go off screen for over half the two movies and not explain why (or worse yet, explain why in some horrible exposition). So instead, I believe that they are going to actually show what Gandalf is up to, and in that case having Galadriel makes perfect sense. IT's completely "tolkienian" as it's been referenced in his books, just not strictly hobbitian. As to Legolais, I believe he's a prince of the wood elves that captured Bilbo and the dwarfs. If that's so, then it makes complete sense for him to be there when they are captured, since he is after all, ageless. Now, they could have just had a cameo for him, but as popular as Legolas was (particularly with the female fans) and since most of the hobbit is going to be ugly hobbits and dwarfs and an old wizard, adding a hottie can't hurt.

Alright, I"m about to geek out here a bit. Seeing that Christopher Lee Is signing on to the movie, and I don't recall him in the original hobbit, I am forced to think that Galadriel and Saurman are going to be part of the Council of the wise. FOr those of you not familiar with the hobbit, there is a huge part of THe hobbit where Gandalf is gone, off doing something. You find out in LOTR what he was doing, He was convening the council of the wise, who decide that they need to fight Sauron, who was in some sort of fortress in the Haunted forest ( the one that Bilbo and gang has to cross). The council meets, discuss the ring, decide to kick sauron's ass and they do so, before Gandalf returns to bilbo and the dwarfs . All of this goes on "off screen" in the hobbit, but I don't think from a story telling standpoint it makes sense to have gandalf go off screen for over half the two movies and not explain why (or worse yet, explain why in some horrible exposition). So instead, I believe that they are going to actually show what Gandalf is up to, and in that case having Galadriel makes perfect sense. IT's completely "tolkienian" as it's been referenced in his books, just not strictly hobbitian. As to Legolais, I believe he's a prince of the wood elves that captured Bilbo and the dwarfs. If that's so, then it makes complete sense for him to be there when they are captured, since he is after all, ageless. Now, they could have just had a cameo for him, but as popular as Legolas was (particularly with the female fans) and since most of the hobbit is going to be ugly hobbits and dwarfs and an old wizard, adding a hottie can't hurt.
Yea..but what about Tom Bombadill?
  • 4 months later...
It has just been announced that Peter Jackson will be producing the Hobbit and a sequel. I don't really know what the sequel will be, but I am looking forward to the Hobbit. Jackson made the Lord of the Rings a great trilogy and I am glad that he will produce the Hobbit so we can get a similar feel of Middle Earth like in Lord of the Rings.Unfortunatley, it isn't coming out until 2010.Any ideas what the sequel will be?http://www.cinematical.com/2007/12/18/brea...t-and-a-sequel/
(CBS/AP) After a few roadblocks, Peter Jackson's two-film adaption of J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy novel "The Hobbit" has been given official titles and release dates.The two prequels of Jackson's Oscar-winning "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy will be called "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and "The Hobbit: There and Back Again." The first will be released Dec. 14, 2012, and the sequel is slated for a Dec. 13, 2013 release.Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-2006...l#ixzz1Ny3cyr8C
  • 6 months later...