That sentence was referring to the fact that Peter jackson directed the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It was a poorly put together sentence, I admit.
Whoever wrote that needs a better editor, or just fucking fired.
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most popular with women, and homosexuals, I meant to say. Sorry about that, essay.

Whoever wrote that needs a better editor, or just fucking fired.
Agreed.. the first time I read that, I thought the same thing you did, that they meant peter jackson was the director of the new hobbit movie, and was momentarily overjoyed, until I read the next sentence. It was kind of like the feeling I had when I saw the Transformers the movie trailer for the first time ( the live action.) At first, there was a big "Transformers" across the screen, and I got very excited, just about to let out an exclamation of joy.. when the words " Directed by Micheal Bay" came across the screen, and the joy exclamation died in my throat.

You two are idiots, I read it correctly the first time. Me is smart!I am uncertain about the 60 years between the books being a good thing. If this is an original screen play it could be horrendous.Also I am not sure why they would want the original cast back, most of them are not in the hobbit. Off the top of my head:GandalfBilboGollumAnyone else? That was a main character?

You two are idiots, I read it correctly the first time. Me is smart!I am uncertain about the 60 years between the books being a good thing. If this is an original screen play it could be horrendous.Also I am not sure why they would want the original cast back, most of them are not in the hobbit. Off the top of my head:GandalfBilboGollumAnyone else? That was a main character?
They will be back for the second movie most likely.And that just goes to show that you read retarded articles too well.
You only need to use one bold tag to cover a whole post if that's what you are trying to do, you don't have to put them on each individual sentence. Also I have to wonder about a source that names two separate people as director.Quick Google search pulled up this: Del Toro wants original cast back for hobbit movie.
I didn't put the bold on anything. I just copy and pasted an article.
Also I am not sure why they would want the original cast back, most of them are not in the hobbit. Off the top of my head:GandalfBilboGollumAnyone else? That was a main character?
Elrond, not really a main character, but I assume he would be back.
Elrond, not really a main character, but I assume he would be back.
He had a pretty big role in the Hobbit. I can't really remember it too well, but I'm pretty sure that Bilbo and his company had to go to Rivendell and Elrond deciphered some maps for them to tell them where to go.
I'm only okay with it if it involves Tom Bombadil
Yeah...but what are the odds that it'll do him justice?I like being skeptical, it's better than having unrealistically high hopes and being let down.
Yeah...but what are the odds that it'll do him justice?I like being skeptical, it's better than having unrealistically high hopes and being let down.
Well, I don't have many expectations. I am on of the very, very few whom apparently didn't like the LoTR trilogy that much ( Kevin Smith was right, to long, to boring). But I know what you're saying. The Matrix I had no expectations for, and I love love loved it. The Matrix Reloaded I had huge expectations for and it left a steamer in my mouth.

I'm hoping this will become the best prequel(s) ever made. I'm a little nervous about who will be playing Bilbo and what direction they go with Smaug.

Well, I don't have many expectations. I am on of the very, very few whom apparently didn't like the LoTR trilogy that much ( Kevin Smith was right, to long, to boring). But I know what you're saying. The Matrix I had no expectations for, and I love love loved it. The Matrix Reloaded I had huge expectations for and it left a steamer in my mouth.
I think Kevin Smith is one of the most obnoxious people alive, and his movies are vastly overrated by people who are dying to be part of any cult following. Just saying.
I think Kevin Smith is one of the most obnoxious people alive, and his movies are vastly overrated by people who are dying to be part of any cult following. Just saying.
I concur.
That's fine, I was just referencing one of the only funny parts of clerks two, I wasn't professing my undying love of Kevin Smith. I think he peaked at "Clerks" and has been half assing it ever since. However, calling him one of the most obnoxious people alive is really overstating it. I don't think he's particularly obnoxious at all, he's rather mild mannered. His die-hard fan base tends to range into the obnoxious-worthless stoner territory.On the other hand Clerks is probably one of my top ten favorite comedies. It's unbelievable to me that he's a better writer and director with like a 10,000 budget than with a multi million dollar one.
I'm only okay with it if it involves Tom Bombadil
I have watched many shows and documentaries (from the apendicies of the extended versions of the DVDs) aout the making of the films, and cutting Tom Bombadil was one of the hardest parts of writing the script. I am hoping he will be in it, but I'm doubtful.
I'm hoping this will become the best prequel(s) ever made. I'm a little nervous about who will be playing Bilbo and what direction they go with Smaug.
I highly doubt it wil be Ian Holm, even if they use that technology that makes you look younger.But how many directions can they go with Smaug? It's been a while since I read the book, but isn't he just a dragon guarding his treasure and he gets shot with a bow and arrow?
But how many directions can they go with Smaug? It's been a while since I read the book, but isn't he just a dragon guarding his treasure and he gets shot with a bow and arrow?
I mean the looks of him... they did the balrog very good so I don't doubt that the cgi will be good. Just hope it turns out excellent, most dragons in movies simply suck.
I mean the looks of him... they did the balrog very good so I don't doubt that the cgi will be good. Just hope it turns out excellent, most dragons in movies simply suck.
Saying you didn't like D-war?
However, calling him one of the most obnoxious people alive is really overstating it. I don't think he's particularly obnoxious at all, he's rather mild mannered. His die-hard fan base tends to range into the obnoxious-worthless stoner territory.
I guess I don't base that opinion of him on too much. I feel like I've watched some stand up type material from him and some online feud crap from him that was pretty annoying. I'll take your word for it.
On the other hand Clerks is probably one of my top ten favorite comedies.
Ew. I have a strong hatred for that movie.Instead of getting into it, I'll agree to disagree if that's ok with you.
I guess I don't base that opinion of him on too much. I feel like I've watched some stand up type material from him and some online feud crap from him that was pretty annoying. I'll take your word for it.Ew. I have a strong hatred for that movie.Instead of getting into it, I'll agree to disagree if that's ok with you.
We agree on 90 percent of his work, can't that be enough? *sniff sniff*
We agree on 90 percent of his work, can't that be enough? *sniff sniff*
If we were having this conversation in person, this is right about when we'd hug and I'd hold on for just a little too long, making you wonder about my intentions.