• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most popular with women, and homosexuals, I meant to say. Sorry about that, essay.

Well that's just because you're so smart.
Heh.
College in 71 and retired in 00, I'm guessing that was a nice stock option to retire around 50ish.
Most women retire well before 50...he must've stiffed her.
Your still mad at me, huh?
I just thought it was funny in general. What was I mad at you for?Just kidding, I remember. I hold grudges against anyone that doesn't consider me to be the best at everything ever.
I just thought it was funny in general. What was I mad at you for?Just kidding, I remember. I hold grudges against anyone that doesn't consider me to be the best at everything ever.
You must be the best grudge holder in the world.
You must be the best grudge holder in the world.
Imagine the Pardox that is Speedz grudge fucking....

McKellen Says He'll Reprise Gandalf If AskedOn Ian McKellen's official website Tuesday, a fan asked, "Have you been approached yet by [producer] Peter Jackson or anyone else about reprising your wonderful role as Gandalf for the two upcoming Hobbit movies?" McKellen responded: "Encouragingly, Peter and [co-producer] Fran Walsh have told me they couldn't imagine The Hobbit without their original Gandalf. Their confidence hasn't yet been confirmed by the director Guillermo Del Toro but I am keeping my diary free for 2009!"

McKellen rocks and Hollywood sucks ass.
I just watched all 3 Lord of the Rings extended editions and they are great. Ian McKellen is absolutley great. I can't imagine Gandalf being somebody else.
I just watched all 3 Lord of the Rings extended editions and they are great. Ian McKellen is absolutley great. I can't imagine Gandalf being somebody else.
I hope they get the movie going before he dies.
I hope they get the movie going before he dies.
While I was watching the Lord of the Rings, I kind of thought it was curious that they casted Christopher Lee. Saruman is an important character in all three books (even though he only appeared in the extended version of Return of the King) but he was very old when the movies started and he could have died anytime. But he is such a great actor and he played the part perfectly.
While I was watching the Lord of the Rings, I kind of thought it was curious that they casted Christopher Lee. Saruman is an important character in all three books (even though he only appeared in the extended version of Return of the King) but he was very old when the movies started and he could have died anytime. But he is such a great actor and he played the part perfectly.
As I understand it, they filmed all three movies at the same time, so they probably filmed all the Lee Scenes at once, to minimize the death factor. It's not like there are many Saurman scenes, though he looms over the books, he's not exactly a central character.
As I understand it, they filmed all three movies at the same time, so they probably filmed all the Lee Scenes at once, to minimize the death factor. It's not like there are many Saurman scenes, though he looms over the books, he's not exactly a central character.
I had no idea how old he is, 86. Wow he looks great for that old
I had no idea how old he is, 86. Wow he looks great for that old
Yeah, he was a horror actor from way back in the day, played dracula in black and white b-movies and what not. The last of that Vincent Price/Bela Lugosi/Boris Karloff era of horror movies stars.
  • 4 weeks later...

Del Toro To Direct 'The Hobbit'Mexican director Guillermo Del Toro has agreed to spend the next four years in New Zealand, where he will work with Peter Jackson, who is producing the two-part The Hobbit prequels to Lord of the Rings. In a statement released by New Line Cinema, Del Toro, who was nominated for a best original screenplay Oscar last year for Pan's Labyrinth, which he also directed, said that he felt "blessed" to have been chosen to direct the two films. "Contributing to the Lord of the Rings' legacy is an absolute dream come true," he said.

Del Toro To Direct 'The Hobbit'Mexican director Guillermo Del Toro has agreed to spend the next four years in New Zealand, where he will work with Peter Jackson, who is producing the two-part The Hobbit prequels to Lord of the Rings. In a statement released by New Line Cinema, Del Toro, who was nominated for a best original screenplay Oscar last year for Pan's Labyrinth, which he also directed, said that he felt "blessed" to have been chosen to direct the two films. "Contributing to the Lord of the Rings' legacy is an absolute dream come true," he said.
I don't understand the point of this post. In your own post from last March it was already mentioned that he was directing.

Sir Ian McKellen has confirmed he will reprise his role as Gandalf in the film version of JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit. "Yes, it's true," he told Empire magazine. "It's not a part that you turn down. I loved playing Gandalf." Two Hobbit films are planned for release in 2010 and 2011. They will be prequels to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, directed by Peter Jackson. Guillermo del Toro has been named as the director of the movies, to be made back-to-back in New Zealand. "I spoke to Guillermo in the very room that Peter Jackson offered me the part and he confirmed that I would be reprising the role," Sir Ian said. He also said del Toro would be starting the script in about six weeks after he has finished filming current project, Hellboy 2. According to studio New Line, the first film will be an adaptation of The Hobbit and the second will be an original story focusing on the 60 years between the book and the beginning of the Rings trilogy. "As to how it's going to work over two films and what going to happen on screen, well Guillermo has not got down to working out the major details yet - I can tell you it's going to be amazing though," Sir Ian said. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Ian McKellen has confirmed he will reprise his role as Gandalf in the film version of JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit."Yes, it's true," he told Empire magazine. "It's not a part that you turn down. I loved playing Gandalf." Two Hobbit films are planned for release in 2010 and 2011. They will be prequels to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, directed by Peter Jackson.Guillermo del Toro has been named as the director of the movies, to be made back-to-back in New Zealand. "I spoke to Guillermo in the very room that Peter Jackson offered me the part and he confirmed that I would be reprising the role," Sir Ian said. He also said del Toro would be starting the script in about six weeks after he has finished filming current project, Hellboy 2. According to studio New Line, the first film will be an adaptation of The Hobbit and the second will be an original story focusing on the 60 years between the book and the beginning of the Rings trilogy. [/b]"As to how it's going to work over two films and what going to happen on screen, well Guillermo has not got down to working out the major details yet - I can tell you it's going to be amazing though," Sir Ian said. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You only need to use one bold tag to cover a whole post if that's what you are trying to do, you don't have to put them on each individual sentence. Also I have to wonder about a source that names two separate people as director.Quick Google search pulled up this: Del Toro wants original cast back for hobbit movie.
You only need to use one bold tag to cover a whole post if that's what you are trying to do, you don't have to put them on each individual sentence. Also I have to wonder about a source that names two separate people as director.Quick Google search pulled up this: Del Toro wants original cast back for hobbit movie.
That sentence was referring to the fact that Peter jackson directed the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It was a poorly put together sentence, I admit.