The Hobbit takes place before LOTR. They would have to make him look slightly younger which shouldn't be that difficult, but they absolutely need him in the role because his voice in unmistakable.
Yea I agree 100%, the movie would suck without him.
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most popular with women, and homosexuals, I meant to say. Sorry about that, essay.

The Hobbit takes place before LOTR. They would have to make him look slightly younger which shouldn't be that difficult, but they absolutely need him in the role because his voice in unmistakable.
In the Magneto movie they have technology that makes Ian McKellen look a lot younger. Taking a few years off should not be too difficult.
In the Magneto movie they have technology that makes Ian McKellen look a lot younger. Taking a few years off should not be too difficult.
Lets hope the writer's strike ends soon so they can actually start writing it :club: or they may need the technology to bring McKellan back to life.QUESTION:How would you guys feel if they decided to make these movies in 3D?
Lets hope the writer's strike ends soon so they can actually start writing it :D or they may need the technology to bring McKellan back to life.QUESTION:How would you guys feel if they decided to make these movies in 3D?
:club: @ Strike/McKellanI don't think it's likely or needed. I liked the way LOTR looked, I think the fans are expecting the same visual presentation. You don't need fancy effects to sell the Hobbit, the story is good.I'd be disappointed.
:club: @ Strike/McKellanI don't think it's likely or needed. I liked the way LOTR looked, I think the fans are expecting the same visual presentation. You don't need fancy effects to sell the Hobbit, the story is good.I'd be disappointed.
Ditto-I am expecting and hoping it is going to look like Lord of the Rings. Even though Jackson is not the director, hopefully they will be similar.
Gandalf is about 3,000 years old, the 50 years difference from the Hobbit to LOTR trilogy is really not going to show on someone of that age :club:
Yea I agree 100%, the movie would suck without him.
^^^^^^
I had no idea he was that old. Wow he looks great for his age. I thought he was in his fifties. So considering the movies are 6 years old now, I would assume he is too old to play that part now. But since Frodo was supposed to 50ish when he took his journey, I do not think it needs to be a kid or young man to play the part. Anyone from mid 20's to 40 could work.
I havn't read the books in a long time, but didn't Frodo have the same birthday as Bilbo, and wasn't he turning 27 at the beginning of his journey?
I havn't read the books in a long time, but didn't Frodo have the same birthday as Bilbo, and wasn't he turning 27 at the beginning of his journey?
Frodo was 33 +/- when Bilbo left and gandalf went to find out about the ring. In the movie it seems like he came back a couple weeks later, but it was 17 years. So Frodo was about 50 when he started his journey with the ring, which lasted 13 months.
Gandalf is about 3,000 years old, the 50 years difference from the Hobbit to LOTR trilogy is really not going to show on someone of that age
That's why Ian McKellen should take up the role. Anyone else would be bad. I liked the first Harry Potter movie, the second one was OK but the rest sucked. I think part of this was because Richard Harris died and he played Dumbledore amazingly.
Frodo was 33 +/- when Bilbo left and gandalf went to find out about the ring. In the movie it seems like he came back a couple weeks later, but it was 17 years. So Frodo was about 50 when he started his journey with the ring, which lasted 13 months.
Yea I thought Frodo was over 50 years old when he started the journey in Lord of the Rings.
  • 3 months later...
In case anyone interested had not yet heard, this movie is at a screeching halt thanks to New Line's creative accounting trying to screw the Tolkien Estate out of their share of the profit from the first 3 films. New Line facing 150 million dollar lawsuit that could take rights to the Hobbit film away from New Line.
Assfaggots!I was really looking forward to this.On a different note, I don't understand why coprorations do this crap. Same thing with Nike. They paid that lady like $50 to design the swoosh, which is one of the top 5 recognized symbols in the world. Giver her something, IMO she deserves it. Same thing here, Tolknenwrote a great piece of literature, that New Line is capitalizing off of huge, pay the family their money.
Assfaggots!I was really looking forward to this.On a different note, I don't understand why coprorations do this crap. Same thing with Nike. They paid that lady like $50 to design the swoosh, which is one of the top 5 recognized symbols in the world. Giver her something, IMO she deserves it. Same thing here, Tolknenwrote a great piece of literature, that New Line is capitalizing off of huge, pay the family their money.
I agree man...However I must do a small correction lol... She did the swoosh for $35 (her price) and was given stock of the company in the 80s. No one knows how much but I'm sure she's looked after.
I agree man...However I must do a small correction lol... She did the swoosh for $35 (her price) and was given stock of the company in the 80s. No one knows how much but I'm sure she's looked after.
I don't remember any mention of stock (not saying there was not). And phil night was pretty admimant that he paid her for a job, and that ($35) was all she was getting.
I don't remember any mention of stock (not saying there was not). And phil night was pretty admimant that he paid her for a job, and that ($35) was all she was getting.
He presented her stock in an envelope infront of a lot of people, a diamond ring too with a swoosh in it. I learned it in school.EDIT: My school was nothing to brag about mind u... so I could be full of crap but google seems to support it.
He presented her stock in an envelope infront of a lot of people, a diamond ring too with a swoosh in it. I learned it in school.EDIT: My school was nothing to brag about mind u... so I could be full of crap but google seems to support it.
Link?When was this? My knowledge of this is at least 10 years old or more, so he could have change obv.

Does it really matter, I mean if a person is hired to do a job and they accept knowing what they will be paid does that mean they automatically are entitled to more if something exceeds expectations?

Does it really matter, I mean if a person is hired to do a job and they accept knowing what they will be paid does that mean they automatically are entitled to more if something exceeds expectations?
I agree with you and Phil Knights stance to a certain extent. But at the same time, rewarding someone for creating an Iconic symbol seems the right thing to do, and a good PR move.There is a fine line here, and each situation is different. This one, IMO deserved future compensation.I really could effectively argue both sides. But if I was Phil Knight I would have done something like what Gov said he did.
There is a fine line here, and each situation is different. This one, IMO deserved future compensation.
I don't disagree with you that in the end it's worth a lot more than what was paid for it and a decent guy might think giving her some kickbacks on a job well done is justified, but at the same time it shouldn't be expected.