It has just been announced that Peter Jackson will be producing the Hobbit and a sequel. I don't really know what the sequel will be, but I am looking forward to the Hobbit. Jackson made the Lord of the Rings a great trilogy and I am glad that he will produce the Hobbit so we can get a similar feel of Middle Earth like in Lord of the Rings.Unfortunatley, it isn't coming out until 2010.Any ideas what the sequel will be?http://www.cinematical.com/2007/12/18/brea...t-and-a-sequel/

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most popular with women, and homosexuals, I meant to say. Sorry about that, essay.

They have been working on the logistics of the hobbit for some time now, their biggest issue has been how to make the drago look realisitc. From what I understand they want to make a to-scale model and not use that much CGI, so there has been some hold up in regards to how that could workAlso any word in whether Bilbo from LOTR would be the same Bilbo?As for the sequel, I have no idea. I have read all three LOTR and the hobbit but those are the only works my Tolken I have read. I know they are some ansillary middle earth work he did, but I am not sure what they contained. Maybe they could be building off of that.

They have been working on the logistics of the hobbit for some time now, their biggest issue has been how to make the drago look realisitc. From what I understand they want to make a to-scale model and not use that much CGI, so there has been some hold up in regards to how that could workAlso any word in whether Bilbo from LOTR would be the same Bilbo?As for the sequel, I have no idea. I have read all three LOTR and the hobbit but those are the only works my Tolken I have read. I know they are some ansillary middle earth work he did, but I am not sure what they contained. Maybe they could be building off of that.
Isn't that bilbo too old? Ian Holm-Bilbo from Lord of the Rings was born in 1931. They would probably want another actor to play Bilbo.Here's another link.
I really hope that they just split The Hobbit into two parts. I'd be really disappointed if they tried to write their own story in the LOTR world.
They could use parts of The Simillarion or whatever that follow up to the hobbit was. I really think the Hobbit can be done as a one time 2 1/2 to 3 hour movie. There is really no good spot to split apart the story.
Isn't that bilbo too old? Ian Holm-Bilbo from Lord of the Rings was born in 1931. They would probably want another actor to play Bilbo.Here's another link.
I had no idea he was that old. Wow he looks great for his age. I thought he was in his fifties. So considering the movies are 6 years old now, I would assume he is too old to play that part now. But since Frodo was supposed to 50ish when he took his journey, I do not think it needs to be a kid or young man to play the part. Anyone from mid 20's to 40 could work.
They could use parts of The Simillarion or whatever that follow up to the hobbit was. I really think the Hobbit can be done as a one time 2 1/2 to 3 hour movie. There is really no good spot to split apart the story.
Ya I agree, it needs to be a 2.5-3hr movie by itself. From my understanding the Simillarion (Sp?) is kind of like the bible of middle earth. It's not really a story as it is the tales of how it all began to how it ended. Perhaps it covers some ground between The Hobbit & LOTR although I'm not sure as I've never read it. I know Tolkien never finished The Simillarion as he was writing it throughout his life, I believe his son did.Regardless, if Peter Jackson is producing it I think it's safe to say it'll be a gem.
Ya I agree, it needs to be a 2.5-3hr movie by itself. From my understanding the Simillarion (Sp?) is kind of like the bible of middle earth. It's not really a story as it is the tales of how it all began to how it ended. Perhaps it covers some ground between The Hobbit & LOTR although I'm not sure as I've never read it. I know Tolkien never finished The Simillarion as he was writing it throughout his life, I believe his son did.Regardless, if Peter Jackson is producing it I think it's safe to say it'll be a gem.
This is how I understand a lot of Tolkens other middle earth stuff, that it was more of a road map and history or anthology than a story. Plus didn't he create and entire elvish language?
This is how I understand a lot of Tolkens other middle earth stuff, that it was more of a road map and history or anthology than a story. Plus didn't he create and entire elvish language?
Yea he basically created his own world, he's like the Godfather of Fantasy.
Thats a fairly accurate representation of it, but there is stuff they can pull from to make a story or extend the Hobbit I suppose.Peter Jackson is producing, he isn't signed on to direct it yet.... which makes me wonder if he is going to.
Peter Jackson is producing, he isn't signed on to direct it yet.... which makes me wonder if he is going to.
I remember hearing a long time ago, before the movie was confirmed, that he didn't want to direct it. I really hope he does though, just so he can redeem himself after he destroyed Kong.
I remember hearing a long time ago, before the movie was confirmed, that he didn't want to direct it. I really hope he does though, just so he can redeem himself after he destroyed Kong.
I don't know if he did that, or Jack Black
Fixed your prob :club: lol
I love you.
I'll go with the former on this one.Anytime you have a movie about a giant beast, it shouldn't take an hour and a half to finally get to said giant beast.
I agree. I was kind of thinking the same thing durin Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End because it took over 40 minutes for Jack Sparrow to appear.

UPDATEPeter Jackson will not be directing the movies, he says he is too busy with other projects. Also here's the information regarding the 2nd movie:Jackson and Walsh envision the first film covering the events of The Hobbit and the second bridging the 80-year gap between that novel and the first book of the trilogy.Much of the plot for the second film would be gleaned from footnotes in The Hobbit that address that gap, Kamins said.http://www.stuff.co.nz/4329745a10.html

Will Ian McKellen be Gandalf? I would think so because Gandalf is very old in the Hobbit so he shouldn't look too much different in the Hobbit from Lord of the Rings.
The Hobbit takes place before LOTR. They would have to make him look slightly younger which shouldn't be that difficult, but they absolutely need him in the role because his voice in unmistakable.

UPDATESpeculation around the 2nd movie from theonering.net:Events that could be included in such a bridge movie:- The White Council meets to discuss The Necromancer (aka Sauron)- The White Council (including Saruman and Gandalf) attack The Necromancer’s stronghold at Dol Guldur. This is to prevent Sauron from searching the river for the Ring. Sauron abandons Dol Guldur and takes up residence in Mordor.- Gollum leaves the mountain, searching for the “thief” Baggins.- Sauron declared himself openly, starting to gather power to Mordor.- Aragorn searches the wilds for Gollum.- Aragorn’s engagement to Arwen.- Frodo’s birth.These are but a few things mentioned in Appendix B of Return of the King. These can be added to and expanded to make the story flow.http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2007/12/18...ean/#more-28159