Hsp 500k : Last Episode

Listen man, I play a lot of poker with a lot of people. I have seen the worst poker players making the most fundamentally un-sound plays and win session after session. I have also seen the flipside of that coin, where the bad players at basically funding my college education along with my BMW and my house. I understand the thinking that a bad player at the table is always a good thing, because it is. But the results might not be nearly as good as the prospect of having him sit down at the table with a player like myself or numerous other players on this site and around the world. I have lost money to bad players, and won money from bad players. I think on a generic level, it is +EV to have Guy at the table, but on a deeper level, it can be both good and bad.
i look forward to playing my first hand of the poker very soon...till then i will bow to your obvious superior knowledge....
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLO would be pretty sweet, but talk about getting no hands in. There would be so many deals being made in a big game it would not be profitable for the producers. They would have to film several days to get a series at about 6-8 hands an hour. Not to mention the drop in viewer ship anytime you move away from NLHE.
Agree. Less talkin', more floppin'500k PLO8 could be more entertaining. Like the Dude said, the action really slowed down. 6 hours for two monster pots and then add in those silly deals... *shrugs*
If they televised any form of the Mixed Rotation game, I'd be there every monday night on my couch, with Lubriderm and paper towels.. I'd be in hog heaven.

You're all talking as though Guy is some clueless guy (lol) that has never played before. I thought he played ok.. showed some skillz, imo.It is +ev for pros to play with him, obv, but I think he's one of the best if not THE best of the amateur players they've had in the game... good run of cards or not.Maybe he was playing better because it was for a higher buy-in (for charity, or whatever), or because he was concentrating more and didn't want to look stupid on TV. I know he's a big loser online, but maybe he gets 'bored' at playing lower limits and plays more for the fun aspect... with the money meaning next to nothing to him.Get him back on next season though, he'll probably prove me wrong and stack off a few times! :club: *additionally, cos of this thread, I've been re-watching old HSP episodes.. I have the last 2 seasons saved. Gotta say again, what a good f'king show it is! Seriously.. it's the best poker show by a million miles. We're lucky to have it.

Listen man, I play a lot of poker with a lot of people. I have seen the worst poker players making the most fundamentally un-sound plays and win session after session. I have also seen the flipside of that coin, where the bad players at basically funding my college education along with my BMW and my house. I understand the thinking that a bad player at the table is always a good thing, because it is. But the results might not be nearly as good as the prospect of having him sit down at the table with a player like myself or numerous other players on this site and around the world. I have lost money to bad players, and won money from bad players. I think on a generic level, it is +EV to have Guy at the table, but on a deeper level, it can be both good and bad.
I don't think you understand the concept of EV. Do you think expectation is affected by actual results? When a poor player makes unsound plays against you, it is + EV for you regardless of the result. When I call an AIPF in NLHE with AA v 72o, do you think it is a +EV play only if my hand holds up, but a -EV play if it gets cracked?
If they televised any form of the Mixed Rotation game, I'd be there every monday night on my couch, with Lubriderm and paper towels.. I'd be in hog heaven.
Dude......two words.AstroGlideClean up is much easier......or so I've heard.
I don't think you understand the concept of EV. Do you think expectation is affected by actual results? When a poor player makes unsound plays against you, it is + EV for you regardless of the result. When I call an AIPF in NLHE with AA v 72o, do you think it is a +EV play only if my hand holds up, but a -EV play if it gets cracked?
To go along with this post, EV has a very specific meaning. Your EV when you get AIPF with AA vs. KK is ~ 80% of the pot. Your EV isn't "winning" or "losing," it's the result of a specific calculation.
If they up the buyin to $1,000,000 next season, here's who they need to have to make the best cash game table ever:Seat 1 Genius 28 (online poker superstar, but just lost like 2million to Ivey on FTP)Seat 2 Brian Townsend (OBV)Seat 3 Brad Booth (way underrated)Seat 4 Daniel Negreanu (But he needs to play better IMO)Seat 5 Patrik Antonius (One of the sicker pros, plus hes cute lol )Seat 6 Bobby Baldwin (Regular $4000/$8000 mixed game player and Bellagio CEO)Seat 7 Andy Beal ( Billionaire with an extensive history playing high stakes with the best in the world)Seat 8 Tom "Durrr" Dwan ( Made millions on FTP playing $200/$400 and up)It took me over an hour to come up with this list. I believe that it has the perfect mix of professionals, and players who have money and would love to mix it up with the pros. There is not one nit in that entire group. There would be pots of over $3,000,000 on several occasions if they all bought in for $1,000,000 +.
loooooooooooooooooool what makes you think that the online guys will play just as loose with one mill on the table?Is this some sick level job or are you serious?