Is This The Right Play?

i was playing a $22 deep stack omaha h/l tourny. i am new to omaha and am wondering if i made the right play? obv i got my money in with the best but how could i have played it different?PokerStars Game #13927830974: Tournament #70319231, $20+$2 Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2007/12/17 - 18:21:36 (ET)Table '70319231 6' 9-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: WitchElf (5000 in chips) Seat 2: darkstar1 (4900 in chips) Seat 3: blufferdave (4970 in chips) Seat 4: luckydog53 (6670 in chips) Seat 5: rich555 (4615 in chips) Seat 6: b733592 (5000 in chips) Seat 7: whatamonkey (5000 in chips) Seat 8: nuclearbrobb (5635 in chips) Seat 9: tower543 (3210 in chips) rich555: posts small blind 10b733592: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to blufferdave [Qd Qc 9s 8d]whatamonkey: folds nuclearbrobb: folds tower543: raises 50 to 70WitchElf: calls 70darkstar1: folds blufferdave: calls 70luckydog53: calls 70rich555: calls 60b733592: calls 50*** FLOP *** [8c Ts Qs]rich555: checks b733592: checks tower543: checks WitchElf: checks blufferdave: bets 420luckydog53: raises 1260 to 1680rich555: folds b733592: folds tower543: raises 1460 to 3140 and is all-inWitchElf: folds blufferdave: raises 1760 to 4900 and is all-inluckydog53: calls 3220*** TURN *** [8c Ts Qs] [5s]*** RIVER *** [8c Ts Qs 5s] [9h]*** SHOW DOWN ***blufferdave: shows [Qd Qc 9s 8d] (HI: three of a kind, Queens)luckydog53: shows [Kc 6s Ks Ac] (HI: a flush, King high)luckydog53 collected 3520 from side pottower543: shows [2d As 6d 4s] (HI: a flush, Ace high)tower543 collected 9840 from main potNo low hand qualified*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 13360 Main pot 9840. Side pot 3520. | Rake 0 Board [8c Ts Qs 5s 9h]Seat 1: WitchElf folded on the FlopSeat 2: darkstar1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: blufferdave showed [Qd Qc 9s 8d] and lost with HI: three of a kind, QueensSeat 4: luckydog53 (button) showed [Kc 6s Ks Ac] and won (3520) with HI: a flush, King highSeat 5: rich555 (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 6: b733592 (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 7: whatamonkey folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: nuclearbrobb folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: tower543 showed [2d As 6d 4s] and won (9840) with HI: a flush, Ace high let me know guys i can use the advice.thanks

I think you made the right move, the only thing that would have made me hesitant would have been the two spades on board. Regardless he wasnt going to fold with KKA6 he had a gutshot straight and the spade flush draw as well as the overpair, it was inevitable that he would call

Poker StarsPot Limit Omaha TournamentBlinds: t10/t209 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t5000UTG+1: t5635MP1: t3210MP2: t5000MP3: t4900Hero: t4970Button: t6670SB: t4615BB: t5000Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with Q :club: Q :) 9 :D 8 :D2 folds, MP1 raises to t70, MP2 calls t70 (pot was t100), MP3 folds, Hero calls t70 (pot was t170), Button calls t70 (pot was t240), SB calls t60 (pot was t310), BB calls t50 (pot was t370).Flop: 8 :icon_dance: T :D Q :D (t420, 6 players)SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets t420, Button raises to t1680, 2 folds, MP1 raises all-in t3140, MP2 folds, Hero raises all-in t4900, Button calls t3220 (pot was t10140).Turn: 5 :) (t13360, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t9840, Sidepot 1: t3520)River: 9 :) (t13360, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t9840, Sidepot 1: t3520)Results:Final pot: t13360Please convert...Now let me post this so I can read it...

How did you get this wrong, let me count the ways:1. This is a crap hi lo hand. Fold it preflop. MAYBE a good, experienced player can take a shot with it at small blinds in a deep stack tourney, but that's not you if you're new.2. You got your money in with the best hand IN HINDSIGHT. At the time, that flop put a straight out which could have had you behind, plus 2 spades out makes your hand vulnerable. Any suited As with two low cards is in good shape against you with the nut flush draw plus a nice back door low draw.3. When you led at the flop, and it was raised then reraised, you should not have put all your chips in. Yes, as it turns out, you were ahead, but only because the other two players way overplayed their hands.You've got way the worst hand preflop here. Even after the flop your equity is slightly less than 49%. On the turn you drop to 25%. That's a key Omaha (whether hi or hi/lo) concept. The best hand on the turn is never as much of a favourite as it would be in a similar hold'em situation. If you had just called on the flop, checked the turn and then seen those guys shove in all their chips you could have folded with most of your stack intact.I'm probably being too hard on you here, but do you really want to go out on the first blind level of a deepstack tournament with QQ98?

Dont play that hand in the first place from that position (maybe, from the button, but that is a big maybe) preflop.You could very well be behind to a straight, plus the flush draw, making you highly likely to not be ahead on that flop. You played a very vulnerable hand way too aggressive IMO. Maybe wait for a safe turn card before showing that speed (but you could still be losing to a flopped straight).IMO a poorly played hand.

Poker StarsPot Limit Omaha TournamentBlinds: t10/t209 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t5000UTG+1: t5635MP1: t3210MP2: t5000MP3: t4900Hero: t4970Button: t6670SB: t4615BB: t5000Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with Q :club: Q :) 9 :D 8 :D2 folds, MP1 raises to t70, MP2 calls t70 (pot was t100), MP3 folds, Hero calls t70 (pot was t170), Button calls t70 (pot was t240), SB calls t60 (pot was t310), BB calls t50 (pot was t370).Flop: 8 :icon_dance: T :D Q :D (t420, 6 players)SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets t420, Button raises to t1680, 2 folds, MP1 raises all-in t3140, MP2 folds, Hero raises all-in t4900, Button calls t3220 (pot was t10140).Turn: 5 :) (t13360, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t9840, Sidepot 1: t3520)River: 9 :) (t13360, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t9840, Sidepot 1: t3520)Results:Final pot: t13360Please convert...Now let me post this so I can read it...
thanks for making it easier to read. how do u get the converter?
How did you get this wrong, let me count the ways:1. This is a crap hi lo hand. Fold it preflop. MAYBE a good, experienced player can take a shot with it at small blinds in a deep stack tourney, but that's not you if you're new.2. You got your money in with the best hand IN HINDSIGHT. At the time, that flop put a straight out which could have had you behind, plus 2 spades out makes your hand vulnerable. Any suited As with two low cards is in good shape against you with the nut flush draw plus a nice back door low draw.3. When you led at the flop, and it was raised then reraised, you should not have put all your chips in. Yes, as it turns out, you were ahead, but only because the other two players way overplayed their hands.You've got way the worst hand preflop here. Even after the flop your equity is slightly less than 49%. On the turn you drop to 25%. That's a key Omaha (whether hi or hi/lo) concept. The best hand on the turn is never as much of a favourite as it would be in a similar hold'em situation. If you had just called on the flop, checked the turn and then seen those guys shove in all their chips you could have folded with most of your stack intact.I'm probably being too hard on you here, but do you really want to go out on the first blind level of a deepstack tournament with QQ98?
first thanks for the input, like i said i am new and am gooding for good advice. so i want to start with high pairs and 2 low cards like ace/2 or 3 or 2/3? oh no u r not being hard i want your honest opinion. thanks for teh input.
Dont play that hand in the first place from that position (maybe, from the button, but that is a big maybe) preflop.You could very well be behind to a straight, plus the flush draw, making you highly likely to not be ahead on that flop. You played a very vulnerable hand way too aggressive IMO. Maybe wait for a safe turn card before showing that speed (but you could still be losing to a flopped straight).IMO a poorly played hand.
ya my first instick when the raise came back to me was to just call and see what the turn brought, but obv i went all out. so thanks for the advice. i will use the advice in teh future.

In each of the stat sections there are a few posts stickied near the top. Usually there are links to converters there. Usually the converters include a link to themselves in the converted output. Click on the underlined 'converter' and it will take you there. That converter you need to register to use - it's a bit of a pain, but it's the only one that would handle an O8 tournament.Also, although you've likely done this already, you should read some beginner tips for O8. There are some on these boards (again in the resources sticked at the top of the forum). You could also read this, written by some nobody who thinks he can play this game at low levels:http://www.bonusinternetpoker.com/articles...ands-hi-low.htmJust ignore the error in the double suited hand. My webmaster made it the same suit twice, instead of different suits. I'll send her a nasty gram shortly.

the big mistake was playing such a huge pot with blinds so small. in this game, there are so many draws and redraws that putting a crapload of chips in with 2 cards yet to come is just gambling. sure you had a slight edge in this hand, but u wanna be getting it in with huge edges sometimes them drawing dead.

Todd Brunson wrote a great cardplayer article once where in an omaha tourney he flopped the nut straight with 2 to a flush on the board and he led out and it was raised and re-raised back to him and he folded the nuts saying that all it took was one player to have a spade draw and another to have the same straight and he was behind.With that said, fold pre-flop

BOUT

you're fucking crazy.of course, i see where you are going, but it's just not close enough in all spots.
oh, come on, nit :)preflop is obv fine. i play literally every hand early in plo8 tourneys unless i'm stoned, and this hand is a monster compared to most of the garbage you can play profitably if you're willing to isoate and gambool correctly postflop.the flop is very interesting. when it checks to you, potting is correct, as there's only one more to act and it's entirely posible that you're ahead if no one has shown strength. now the button repots. shit, we're often behind now. now someone else 3bets. we have to be against a str8 or 2 and a fd most of the time. (granted, you weren't, but that's how to interpret the action, imo.) the odd thing is that you're MASSIVELY +ev against one guy with a str8 and one with a str8 and fd redraw. i haven't run it, but i'd guess that you're at least 42 percent ev in that spot. with the action, i'd venture toguess that you're rarely if ever running into people holding your outs, which means lots of you SORRY THIS IS WHY I ON'T POST ON MY PHONE I'LL FINISH THIS LATERBOUToututs a

Sure, checky, but he's a newbie to o8.OP, read this before you play next time. It's a good start.http://www.playwinningpoker.com/omaha/strategy/Then read the section about pot limit o8Then throw in some tournament strategy