Ak Utg Facing Re-raise

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t40/t808 playersConverterSeat 1: CO (1,025), is sitting outSeat 2: Button (6,709)Seat 3: SB (6,550)Seat 4: BB (3,210)Seat 5: UTG (3,165)Seat 6: UTG+1 (2,710)Seat 7: MP1 (1,740)Seat 9: MP2 (2,800)Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with :D:club:Hero raises to t240, 5 folds, SB raises to t800, BB folds, Hero???No reads on the SB. He seems pretty solid and has been getting a sick of run of cards. Can I call here and shove any A or K high flop, or is it better to just lay it down here?

In microstakes i might go allin preflop here. People make these kind of moves with AQ/AJ and some even with worse aces.The right play's probably to call and hope for a good flop. If it's not good, i might make a little continuation bet depending on the flop, but most likely check and give up.

If he really is a solid player he likely wouldn't make this kind of reraise with AQ/AJ, which means you're either dominated by AA/KK or on the wrong side of a coinflip against hands like TT-QQ.I don't think there is any reason to push PF when it's still this early. I'd probably call and see the flop since you have position on him. You can prepare yourself to fold to a bet on a non-A/K flop, or lead/raise an A/K flop. If you have to fold you still have about 2500 at blinds of 40/80.

WTF is your stack? I generally wouldn't fold AK/QQ+ pf in these.
2925 after my raise, my M is about 24.

We're deep enough to call and play postflop.Thats what we should do.If we get an Khigh, or Ahigh flop, it's all going in.NEW QUESTION:Is shoving a low flop +ev? Do we have enough FE to make it profitable? Are we ever going to be ahead if they call at these stakes?

Stack is deep enough to call and see the flop. I like leading any non-paint flop as well as an A/K high one. Dunno about shoving because I think a bet would do the same job without having to put our tourney neck on the line.

Calling the re-raise is an atrocious decision.Committing 1/4 of your stack against a preflop re-raiser is not smart at all. What happens when you whiff on the flop and he shoves? He could easily have a hand like yours or even weaker and you can't do a thing about. AK is a hand that wants to see all 5 cards if possible. Get it in there.You're in a $2 donkament and people re-raise with really strange stuff. Never fold AK here. Ever.

If he really is a solid player he likely wouldn't make this kind of reraise with AQ/AJ, which means you're either dominated by AA/KK or on the wrong side of a coinflip against hands like TT-QQ.I don't think there is any reason to push PF when it's still this early. I'd probably call and see the flop since you have position on him. You can prepare yourself to fold to a bet on a non-A/K flop, or lead/raise an A/K flop. If you have to fold you still have about 2500 at blinds of 40/80.
I like a push because AK has so much value against people overplaying Ax in microstakes. This is AJ-AQ a lot and sometimes any ace.
I like a push because AK has so much value against people overplaying Ax in microstakes. This is AJ-AQ a lot and sometimes any ace.
I agree. Most of them can't lay down ANY hand to a reraise, they will open from UTG with QJs for 8xBB and madness like that. A shove here is fine IMO.

Everyone always wants to just shove it all in with AK because they get to see all five cards. I disagree. Why put your tournament life at stake with only A high? You have plenty of chips to still maneuver. I call here and play postflop. You do have position in this hand still, don't forget.

Please don't say "why would you want to put your tournament life at stake with A high" ever ever again. Please.

Please don't say "why would you want to put your tournament life at stake with A high" ever ever again. Please.
And who are you? What does that mean? Are you even a winning player?EDIT - Sorry about my quick temper. I'm off the weed and raging. What I meant to ask was, do you really think that pushing with AK here is the best move? Or were you just being a bit of a jerk?
Still there is nothing wrong putting your tournament life on the line in a 2.25 donkament with AK high. Easy shove.
It is easy to shove, but that doesn't make it the right play. He got reraised by the SB. He has position. There is no need to put in all your chips right here.
And who are you? What does that mean? Are you even a winning player?EDIT - Sorry about my quick temper. I'm off the weed and raging. What I meant to ask was, do you really think that pushing with AK here is the best move? Or were you just being a bit of a jerk?
Lol, calm down calm down!!I wasn't trying to be offensive or sleight your skills as i'm honeslty not decided either way on what the best play is.I just HATE comments where people try to argue against something with ill-conceived logic and irrelevant fact. Comments such as "Don't get all in on a draw" "Fit or Fold" "Why not call and see flop?" also enrage me.The fact that his current two card hand is A high is irrelevant, you base the decision on the overall EV of the hand, not what you're holding at this precise moment.

Shove is the right play at this buyin level. TONS of dominated hands call you here. Keep in mind, your opponent is NOT solid. You are behind very very rarely. The vast majority of the time you are dominating or flipping.If this were a $20 buyin, I'd be singing a different tune.