Offered A Job At A Fishery In Alaska...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cute that you're trying to back off from the fact that we both know you post them when there's nothing left for you to say. It's ok, I'm actually pretty much done with getting into anything with you now that I know you make most of this shit up. From week to week you're just a student, you have a full time job, you could never wear a tie to work, you wear a tie to work, you're about to propose, you have no girlfriend, you have almost no bankroll, you have a big enough bankroll to live off for a few months, and so on. It was fun for a while, but it takes away from the fun knowing that it's all just an exercise in futility since you'll just keep changing your backstory any time you feel like it. At this point I'm pretty sure that the only thing you haven't lied about is the fact that you've wasted hundreds of hours of your life learning about watches.You can go ahead and make a sad attempt to disprove what I'm saying...or just post a jew pic. GG.
You're trying to prove something that just doesn't exist. I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain myself to you... It isn't a "sad attempt" at anything- it's simply pointing out that you've drawn a totally incorrect conclusion- you will likely stick to it no matter what since neither of us have a God Camera to prove anything definitely, but nevertheless, you are wrong (and Jewish) no matter what you decide.1) I was very close to being robusto, but where I was at, given the year and upswing I had just experienced, was still certainly enough to live on for a few months and pay a few expenses. Not to mention I've been on fire lately and have rebuilt some. I guess what constitutes my "robusto" is substantially different than a bunch of .25/.50 / $5 SnG players. Lucky me. 2) I've been engaged for a while now. Not much has changed with that.3) Upon being almost robusto, I did obtain employment quite recently- I have been going to school for a while now, part time, and for a long time, I didn't work and make my way via poker income, mainly online. Not a huge living, but better than most and most definitely enough to live pretty good since I don't have extravagant tastes other than wristwatches.The reason this seems "strange" to you- to make you think it's a "lie"- is that you probably don't understand some people don't live A/B/C lives- college at 18, shitty corporate job at 22, car payment, mortgage, etc... thus, anything outside of what's "most common" must be telling lies. So you fabricate this bizarre Goldberg story in your mind, freely assembling pieces of information so they contort into whatever retarded little 'theory' you're trying to "prove". Also, you regularly over interpret some of my sarcasm as being literal.Patheticstein. And yes, I will most certainlly post a picture of a Jew, and LOL when you rationalize that it means VICTORY! VICTORY I SAY! I AM TEH WINNAR!HE POSTED A PICTURE OF A JEW, WHICH MEANS I WIN! I WIN!.. because, yeah. That's what it means. It doesn't mean you're a stupid, delusional shlomo who is 100% incorrect, making declarative statements about things that cannot be proven either way and upon confronting someone who makes fun of his ethnicity, he insists that it means he "wins". Keep telling yourself that, Captain Ashes.
Any other pros or cons to this place?
Not only do they not have taxes, other than federal, but if you become a citizen you get paid.
Not only do they not have taxes, other than federal, but if you become a citizen you get paid.
Is this true?Don't know if I'd take it, but interesting to know for sure.
(Don Giovanni @ Friday, December 14th, 2007, 4:25 PM) *Hey world!Look at me!I suck at reading comprehension!
This was a wonderful FYP.

FYI, I didn't know this thread had broken down into an e-fight, I would have normally stayed away.

Is this true?Don't know if I'd take it, but interesting to know for sure.
yeah IIRC there is no state tax and every resident gets a check due to the pipeline.
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/09/20/...ka-Dividend.phphttp://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/10/...in1606520.shtml"State income tax is an income tax in the United States that is levied by each individual state. Some states choose to impose no income tax. These states are Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming."http://www.money-zine.com/Financial-Planni...ales-Tax-Rates/"AlaskaThe state of Alaska has no sales tax."

Regardless of anything else, I did want to thank Scram for making a thread that allowed me to show off the Halibut I caught this summer, even if my son's was 3xs bigger.Thanks man

Regardless of anything else, I did want to thank Scram for making a thread that allowed me to show off the Halibut I caught this summer, even if my son's was 3xs bigger.Thanks man
Sure he's your then?Ohhhh the halibut, gotcha
I love Halibut. They have an Alaskan Halibut dish on the menu at Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace that I highly recomend. Cooked perfectly so it melts in your mouth. Most restauraunts cant cook fish right it ussually dried up a lil but this was perfect.
  • 4 months later...

To be eligable to receive the dividend in Alaska, you have to have lived here for an entire calendar year and you get it the following year. As an example, the dividend I will get this year is for living here all of 2007 so basically don't count on getting it for about 2 years.There is no state income tax.There is no state sales tax but some municipalities and buroughs (counties to most people) have a sales tax.It is not dark 24/7 except way up around Barrow.As far as weed, you can be arrested for any amount in your possession. The local police and State Troopers won't arrest you in your house for less than I can't remember if it is 1 or 4 ounces. If you are in a car and have it on you, you will go to jail.If you end up renting an apartment in the Juneau area, the electric bill is about to sky rocket. There was an avalanche near Juneau last week that took out a major transmission line between the hydro-electric plant and the city so the electric company is running on diesel generators. Prices in general will go way up in the Juneau area.*edited to remove quote. I clicked on the wrong damn button. I need to clean my glasses*