Offered A Job At A Fishery In Alaska...

edit: or the most painstakingly detailed dupe/character account ever
Dammit, El Guapo. I don't know the invisible text color for the light blue posts, only the white posts.EDIT: I just thought of something. Aren't there two different formats to view the boards? If somebody is viewing the gray instead of the blue, does that affect the "invisible" text? Or are the post colors still the same and it's just the borders? I'm going to go check. Details to follow.2nd EDIT (really the 3rd, but I don't think that's important here): It appears that the post colors stay the same while everything else changes. That makes sense.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, El Guapo. I don't know the invisible text color for the light blue posts, only the white posts.EDIT: I just thought of something. Aren't there two different formats to view the boards? If somebody is viewing the gray instead of the blue, does that affect the "invisible" text? Or are the post colors still the same and it's just the borders? I'm going to go check. Details to follow.2nd EDIT (really the 3rd, but I don't think that's important here): It appears that the post colors stay the same while everything else changes. That makes sense.
why am I getting swore at? Am I the purveyor of hidden posts now?
let me guess, you are in the top 1% of fishery workers in the USA right?
Much like everything else I set my mind to and wind up doing, yes, I'm sure I will eventually wind up in the top 1% of fishery workers too.Life is so, so unfair...

A roomate of mine in college worked in a fishery in Alaska one summer.. MAde good money, but worked in excess of 90 hours a week. He said it was pretty much hell after the first week. Kept smelling fish for months afterward.Have fun!

I guess somebody doesn't like them. Now how am I going to know when scram is ready to admit that I'm right about something?
The temperature in hell will drop considerably?
Love the new one. But you already knew that. I think I might have to watch that new episode again before bed.
First my jaw dropped that they would make that joke, then I completely missed the next few minutes of the show because I couldn't stop giggling.
I believe we've already been over this
Would have to put off my degree, but that's no biggie....Right now, every day I put on a necktie, I die a little inside. I'm just not meant for this shit. I'm meant for the other side of life.
Depends. What degree are you going for? How close are you to it? Would you honestly come back after the break? What is your necktie job that you'd give up? Where do you want to end up in the end? Would there be any purpose to living in Alaska other than being able to smoke weed and not wear a tie? Are you a real person or some sick and crazy Internet fabrication?
I stopped caring about seeking professions that correlate to my monstrous, painfully superior intellect- there is romance and value in good, old fashioned work. I can smoke weed there and no one cares.
There are plenty of intellectual jobs that allow you to smoke weed and work without a tie. You don't have to jump all the way down to crab gutter to earn that status. I do see the romance in old fashioned work and I'm not trying to put it down. I would really just want to to fully consider your situation and possibilities before you make this leap. I wouldn't want you to go out there just to get away from a 9-5 job pleasing the man.(I thought you made your own hours though and mocked those who have to get up at a particular time [see alarm clock thread]. What job do you have that forces you to wear a tie yet doesn't force you to come in? Also, working in Alaska certainly wouldn't give you the freedom in terms of time that you have claimed to love so much. And really it wouldn't give you wardrobe freedom, either. You would just trade a tie for about ten layers of sweats and anti crab gut blood stuff.)
(I thought you made your own hours though and mocked those who have to get up at a particular time [see alarm clock thread]. What job do you have that forces you to wear a time yet doesn't force you to come in? Also, working in Alaska certainly wouldn't give you the freedom in terms of time that you have claimed to love so much. And really it wouldn't give you wardrobe freedom, either. You would just trade a tie for about ten layers of sweats and anti crab gut blood stuff.)
Yeah...it's been well documented by now that he lies about most, if not all, of his life.
Very true, the women at the strip clubs in Anchorage literally are missing teeth.
Housegirls. Jesus you guys, anyone else know that strippers actually travel and work on "vacation"? ;)Alaska is a hot spot for the smarter strippers precisely for the "Men with cash off the boats" argument. The strip clubs will be substantially hotter, with a large number of new/temporary faces during the fishing season. Just like, if you are from Oregon, you'll see a ton of the girls south of Portland in Bend during tourist seasons "Winter=ski, summer = lake/golf/resort stuff etc" you'll find the Starz out there to be beyond top-notch. Of course, if you hit that Starz in Bend in April, you'll be crying and/or drinking heavily without nearly the same effect. Word of Caution.
(I thought you made your own hours though and mocked those who have to get up at a particular time [see alarm clock thread]. What job do you have that forces you to wear a time yet doesn't force you to come in?
A recent one.I had a pretty bad downswing and had to seek "real employment" for the first time in a while."Real employment" at a decent job isn't easy for me since I have a record, but it can be done... and I hate it.
I guess somebody doesn't like them. Now how am I going to know when scram is ready to admit that I'm right about something?
Actually, I just post them to make fun of you- you know- because you're a Jew...But I must admit, I do absolutely love watching you conjure up "deeper meaning" and prancing around, patting yourself on the back every time I post one as if it were some sort of concession of victory... I do LOL at that.
Actually, I just post them to make fun of you- you know- because you're a Jew...But I must admit, I do absolutely love watching you conjure up "deeper meaning" and prancing around, patting yourself on the back every time I post one as if it were some sort of concession of victory... I do LOL at that.
It's cute that you're trying to back off from the fact that we both know you post them when there's nothing left for you to say. It's ok, I'm actually pretty much done with getting into anything with you now that I know you make most of this shit up. From week to week you're just a student, you have a full time job, you could never wear a tie to work, you wear a tie to work, you're about to propose, you have no girlfriend, you have almost no bankroll, you have a big enough bankroll to live off for a few months, and so on. It was fun for a while, but it takes away from the fun knowing that it's all just an exercise in futility since you'll just keep changing your backstory any time you feel like it. At this point I'm pretty sure that the only thing you haven't lied about is the fact that you've wasted hundreds of hours of your life learning about watches.You can go ahead and make a sad attempt to disprove what I'm saying...or just post a jew pic. GG.