Nl50 - Top 2 Pair On River

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP ($44.05)CO ($69)Hero ($52.30)SB ($67.40)BB ($14.55)UTG ($38.20)Preflop: Hero is Button with J :D , A :club: . 1 fold, MP raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, MP calls $4.Flop: ($12.75) J :D , 3 :) , 5 :D(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $8.5, MP calls $8.50.Turn: ($29.75) A :)(2 players)MP checks, Hero checks.River: ($29.75) 7 :D(2 players)MP bets $6, Hero ? Do I lose value by not raising here? no reads on villain. I checked behind on turn to induce a bluff on the river in case he had nothing. The value-bettish throw in on the river kind of threw me off as i was expecting either a sizable bet (representing a hand that beat me, a strong ace (maybe) or a bluff. i autocall in both scenarios) or a check (meaning i had him beat and would value bet myself).Side note: Did I play this way too passively?NOTE: I realize I posted this in the wrong forum by mistake. If Zach or anyone could move this over to the correct forum it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I'm confused.I don't understand the turn check.Especially if you are only going to call the tiny river bet when a safe card falls.I often just call preflop- out of fear that a raise just isolates myself against hands that beat me.I then make a value bet on every street as my hand grows in strength.

Side note: Did I play this way too passively?
I really think so.What hand do you put him on that beats you?You only fear a set.I play post-flop aggressively hopnig that Villain hit a lower 2-pair.--CM