River Blocking Bet Oop

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)saw flop|saw showdownMP1 ($3.15)MP2 ($8.30)MP3 ($1.70)CO ($14.85)Button ($8.65)Hero ($9.90)BB ($26.60)UTG ($16.25)UTG+1 ($3.65)Preflop: Hero is SB with :), :D. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.40) :club:, :), :D(4 players)Hero bets $0.3, BB calls $0.30, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.Turn: ($1) :D(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $0.9, Hero calls $0.90.River: ($2.80) :D(2 players)Hero bets $1, BB ?Final Pot: $2.80This is my first orbit. I was trying to exercise some pot control without being too weak since villain could very well have made the turn play solely based on position and the fact that I checked to him. The river play was...well I was thinking of it as a blocking bet/ scare card bluff at the time. I am not sure what to think of the hand when I look back at it. Comments?

Since you gave up the lead on the turn, I'd let him keep it on the river. You usually have the best hand here and your line makes little sense and kind of encourages him to raise you and make your life difficult.That being said, if he does raise, he's gotta have you beaten most of the time. I think that you take away his chance to bluff at it by making this bet, and I don't like it for that reason.

How much do you lead with on the turn? If you are flat called, what's the play on the river? Surely we don't want a big pot here, do we?As played, since you suggest letting him keep the lead, how big of a bet do you call?

How much do you lead with on the turn? If you are flat called, what's the play on the river? Surely we don't want a big pot here, do we?
No we don't want a big pot.
As played, since you suggest letting him keep the lead, how big of a bet do you call?
I would call a pot bet on the river. This is a worse king or a stupid straight draw like always at 10max.
How much do you lead with on the turn? If you are flat called, what's the play on the river? Surely we don't want a big pot here, do we?
No we don't want a big pot.
As played, since you suggest letting him keep the lead, how big of a bet do you call?
I would call a pot bet on the river. This is a worse king or a stupid straight draw like always at 10max.