I have BB as 19%/12% over 70 hands. I have no reads on UTG +2Is this a bad call on the flop with both of them check-raising? I figured I had to call the turn since I picked up a draw...I'm sure my JJ is no good on it's own anymore. I fold the river because I'm positive at least one of them has a Q and I can save a bet...I played this sooo bad. Thoughts please :)PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Jspade.gif, Jdiamond.gif. 2 folds, UTG+2 raises, Hero 3-bets, 5 folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.Flop: (9.50 SB) Tdiamond.gif, 9club.gif, 6heart.gif(3 players)BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets, BB raises, UTG+2 3-bets, Hero calls, BB calls.Turn: (8.25 BB) Qspade.gif(3 players)BB bets, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.River: (11.25 BB) 2club.gif(3 players)BB bets, UTG+2 calls, Hero folds.Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Without a post flop read, I think play is fine. UTG+2 looks to be making a strong play but could be trying to knock you off a AK/AQ type hand (check reraise earns a lot of fold equity).I think the BB play is very interesting. He calls a reraise in BB, raises flop then calls and then DONKs the turn. I think a optomistic KJs(makes more sense) or KQs(would not be given the two of you too much respect on flop action but it is possible) could be played in this manner. Pocket QQs may not cap so that is also a possibility. 87? Numbers don't look like it but some peeps get pretty funny in the blinds even though they are pretty legit outside of them.Don't see a flop set as much as I think you would see a flop cap most times(but I guess they are possible).Nothing else makes too much sense to me without a good post flop read on the player. So I think, with the info given, you played it right.Without knowing the turn and river action of BB, is there chance of getting him to fold to a flop CAP(and again may give some fold equity to someone with AT)?

I fold the river because I'm positive at least one of them has a Q and I can save a bet...
How the fuck do you put someone on a Q? Hand reading 101, people! :club: Maybe QJ plays like this, but that's about it. (Yes, I did see the results, stop posting them, even in white.)Otherwise, I play this hand the same, although you could probably make a case for calling the river given the pot size. UTG+2 looks like he's got something like AT or JT, etc and the BBs play is really weird, and smells of Tx as well. I don't love the idea of overcalling, and I could probably get away here with reads, but if I have none, I'm calling for one bet in a 13.25 BB pot, once I make it to the river, closing the action.
Without knowing the turn and river action of BB, is there chance of getting him to fold to a flop CAP(and again may give some fold equity to someone with AT)?
What would you be expecting him to fold here?Are you trying to tell me you want him to fold AT?
How the fuck do you put someone on a Q? Hand reading 101, people! :club: Maybe QJ plays like this, but that's about it. (Yes, I did see the results, stop posting them, even in white.)Otherwise, I play this hand the same, although you could probably make a case for calling the river given the pot size. UTG+2 looks like he's got something like AT or JT, etc and the BBs play is really weird, and smells of Tx as well. I don't love the idea of overcalling, and I could probably get away here with reads, but if I have none, I'm calling for one bet in a 13.25 BB pot, once I make it to the river, closing the action.
I wasn't so much putting one of them on exactly a Q, but rather on a hand that beat me. To be honest, as soon as I overcalled the flop I had a sinking feeling my JJ was crushed...so when I picked up the OESD on the turn, that was the sole reason I called there. And since I didn't improve on the river, I let it go.Yeah I know Sklansky says never fold for 1 bet on the river when the pot is huge, but against 2 opponents, given the action...come on!
I wasn't so much putting one of them on exactly a Q, but rather on a hand that beat me. To be honest, as soon as I overcalled the flop I had a sinking feeling my JJ was crushed...so when I picked up the OESD on the turn, that was the sole reason I called there. And since I didn't improve on the river, I let it go.Yeah I know Sklansky says never fold for 1 bet on the river when the pot is huge, but against 2 opponents, given the action...come on!
I agree that we are beat here a ton.But, it's a HUGE mistake to fold the winning hand in a big pot. It's only a minute mistake to call one bet closing the action getting 14.25-1 with a hand with a ton of showdown value.
What would you be expecting him to fold here?Are you trying to tell me you want him to fold AT?
My reasoning is I want players to make mistakes. Can my cap do this? That's what I want to know. When the pot is this big, yes I want AT to fold. I also want KJ and KQ to fold. Heck, it would be nice if I could get 66 to fold.I'm not saying that this is the correct play. That's why I ask. I'm not super happy with a lot of the cards that come on the turn. I could be ahead now. If BB has either AT or KQ/J here(which I think are at least possible), they are in the right to call my CAP. If they fold, I have made the BB make a mistake. I'm representing a set so they may decide to dump even though they have proper odds to draw. That's a mistake on their part. If I can get AT to fold, there are less cards that hurt me. If I can get a KQ or KJ to fold, that gives me even more clean cards.So yes, in this 3 way pot, I would love to get head's up........ my question is...... is that possible?I would spend an extra bet in this pot if I could increasemy chances of winning it. Again, my question is, can I get a fold?

I don't think you want AT to fold.There is a point, I think, where the pot gets so big that you'd rather take it down right away, but that doesn't happen often in limit.If Actuary swings by again, maybe he can do the math for us, as I'm not too sure on it. I basically never want a worse hand to fold though.Fwiw, you probably never get a fold here on a cap, but that doesn't mean it's wrong, it'd be a value cap for sure, if we think we're ahead of both players often enough.

I'm pretty sure I'd call the river here. Otherwise I don't think you played it that bad. I'm much more concerned about an overpair or a set here than I am about some random Q, but after all the money you've put in, I think it's probably worthwhile to call the river. Sometimes in limit you have to call rivers when you have very little real chance of winning, just because of the pot size.

Hi Cinci.
Hi Zach.