Lost All My Blue Crabs Cutting Cards

blue-crabs.jpgWorst loss ever. Seriously.Spend the better part of Wednesday pulling up INSANE crabs.I was running 3 metal star traps and 2 cloth pots- fish carcasses, an eel and chicken skins as bait.Filled up a 5 gallon bucket so fast that I had to go steal a few milk crates from outside this restaurant in order to hold the rest.All crabs were very big- got to the point that I was throwing "eating sized" crabs back and just keeping the monsters.Never had a run like this w/ crabs.Some retarded fisherman at the end of the pier- who was apparently quite the crab fan- offered to buy my haul.We negotiated the price @ $80 cash, which was high but accounted for the fact that almost every crab in the lot was huge.I then asked him if he wanted to win them for free- he said yeah- pulled out a deck of cards and offered to cut them- his $80 and my crabs go into the pot, winner take all. He goes first, cuts a friggin 6, I cut a goddamned 4.Tried to go double or nothing, the shilock said no, took the crabs and his bread and bailed.

He had the best of it buying them for $80. I regretted it the instant I agreed to it. Those were some damn nice crabs... The crappy little ones usually sell for $15-$20/dz. if you buy them from the fisherman a dozen at a time.There were at least 4 or 5 dozen, but they were HUGE.Kinda like how 1 pound lobsters sell for Y, but a 2 pound lobster might sell for Yx3- same with crabs. The bigger ones are more desirable than their equal weight in smaller ones.This dude got, say, 5 dozen huge crabs that were probably worth 15 dozen "regular" sized crabs.

They're (blues) more work than snow crabs (all the meat is in the body and the claws- no big meaty legs) but IMO Blues taste better. Stone Crab claws, FTW. Best eating crab of all time.StoneCrabLG.jpg

Am I missing something scram? What did you stand to gain by cutting cards if the guy had already agreed to pay you $80 for the crabs? -As I write this, an UltimateBet commerical just came on with that hot-ass actress/model starring in it....I'll be back in 10 minutes.

Am I missing something scram? What did you stand to gain by cutting cards if the guy had already agreed to pay you $80 for the crabs?
I would've gotten his $80 and kept the crabs.Went out again this morning- seven crabs in 3 hours, all small :club:
Does that mean he has to give you back the crabs? Or do you owe him $80?
I dunno.Ask Don Giovanni. He knows.