Dear Ouch 8-s

LFT. all the commands seem to go through ok, but the same problems arise at the dhclient command. booooo. should i try the 64 bit keys supplied by the site?
Potentially, see if you can get the number off your windows computer.what is the output of
sudo iwconfigsudo iwlist wlan0 scan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Potentially, see if you can get the number off your windows computer.what is the output of
sudo iwconfigsudo iwlist wlan0 scan

sorry, i edited my last post. look there for new "info" :)as to the networking stuff via windows, i have a desktop running xp that's hardwired to the router, a macbook running osx that connects wirelessly, and the old dell junky thing that i'm trying to get going with kubuntu/wireless.
sorry, i edited my last post. look there for new "info" :)as to the networking stuff via windows, i have a desktop running xp that's hardwired to the router, a macbook running osx that connects wirelessly, and the old dell junky thing that i'm trying to get going with kubuntu/wireless.
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday
90 minutes early (on cst), but thanks!ouch8s, i'd hit it, but she needs some clearasil first, imo, and probably to fix this ****ing connection shit, too (unless she likes it angry, i guess).min_falcon, my router web config says that literally hundreds of dhcp connections are still available, so i have LITERALLY no idea what to do at this point, lol. my friends come over and can connect to our network fine on their laptops, which doesn't seem to jive with all of this. i'm nearing the laptop-out-the-window stage. this sounds reasonable to you?
90 minutes early (on cst), but thanks!ouch8s, i'd hit it, but she needs some clearasil first, imo, and probably to fix this ****ing connection shit, too (unless she likes it angry, i guess).min_falcon, my router web config says that literally hundreds of dhcp connections are still available, so i have LITERALLY no idea what to do at this point, lol. my friends come over and can connect to our network fine on their laptops, which doesn't seem to jive with all of this. i'm nearing the laptop-out-the-window stage. this sounds reasonable to you?
last ditch hopesudo dhcpcd -d -t 10 wlan0also it looks like wireless-ng may support your card, where did you find that your card isn't supported?edit: are you connected to the internet in any other way?try and get something like network-manager or KWifiManageralso Happy Birthday
Does anyone know how to use MS Access, like pretty good??? I need to know how to suppress blanks spaces in the front of my data...
i'd suggest checking www.wopr.com

if you are running firefox and enjoy the addons, i highly recommend:1. Mouse Gestures - doing a little right button left button 'rocking' motion to move backwards a page, and the other way to move forward a page is an excellent time-saver for me when wandering through the web.2. AdBlock Plus w/ the Liste FR and EasyList filter subscriptions - eliminates many annoying banners from your casual web browsing. also useful for manually adding lots of sig pictures that are more annoying than amusing after the first 20 viewings - right click the image, block it, never see it again. also useful to install AdBlock Filterset.G Updater that works in conjunction with this.3. CustomizeGoogle - allows one to set an array of preferences and filters. i'm slowly building up a set of filtered sites that are mirrors of information hoovered up from other sites, they do nothing more than muck up my search results. now i never see them. tasty.

last ditch hopesudo dhcpcd -d -t 10 wlan0also it looks like wireless-ng may support your card, where did you find that your card isn't supported?edit: are you connected to the internet in any other way?try and get something like network-manager or KWifiManageralso Happy Birthday
yea, i tried that, too. it says that the arguments for the dhcpcd command are incorrect for my kernel or bash or whatever it's called. i said **** it, and will be buying a new wireless card with native support soon. i suppose that i have learned a fair amount about linux in the process of trying to get this thing to work, which was the real idea behind installing kubuntu in the first place.thanks again for the help, guys.
i bought a new coz my old ones crapbut i cant get it to hook up to the internet??any help appreciated
more details please, and boob pix.
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I have followed some of the things in here to try to clean up issues in my computer. In the computer I had before this one after a while I started having issues with videos lagging and buffering like 10 times for one 5 minute video. Eventually due to several issues I had a new computer built. The new one has worked great but the last month or so I have started having issues with video again. I have Vista and an upgraded graphics card since I am running 2 monitors. Any ideas?

Okay, so I have followed some of the things in here to try to clean up issues in my computer. In the computer I had before this one after a while I started having issues with videos lagging and buffering like 10 times for one 5 minute video. Eventually due to several issues I had a new computer built. The new one has worked great but the last month or so I have started having issues with video again. I have Vista and an upgraded graphics card since I am running 2 monitors. Any ideas?
Get faster internets. Try sending a lottery ball down the tubes.
Get faster internets. Try sending a lottery ball down the tubes.
Why would it be fine for months at a time and then get worse?

okay, so i've been delaying the install of linux. is there recommended way to back up the mbr before i proceed? i don't want to lose any custom boot stuff from hp for restoring vista. i may need it later-- er, i WILL need it later, windows loves to be re-installed regularly.

Dear Ouch,I am having problems with my wireless mouse on my new laptop ( Sony Vaio). Basically, it doesn't work in every room in my house. I really want to post/play poker from my bathroom. I have a wireless network, if that helps.Gracias.Oh and hope this helps.boobscc3.pngI know the article is an urban myth. I just like their boobies.

okay, so i've been delaying the install of linux. is there recommended way to back up the mbr before i proceed? i don't want to lose any custom boot stuff from hp for restoring vista. i may need it later-- er, i WILL need it later, windows loves to be re-installed regularly.
It's not worth savingEdit, I only ever dual booted windows once, never used windows so deleted to make more room on the hard drive I definitely didn't save the mbr and have no idea how to do it. I have set up a successful dual bot with osx. but obviously I suggest in jest and you should google it yourself and be prepared to learn.

linux - can't help, someone else mightslow internet - strange, possibly spyware?wireless mouse - it may be the surface you're using it on, and actually the optical part, not the wireless, that's acting up. optical mice don't like reflective surfaces, and bathrooms are full of them. try a magazine or something as a mousepad.

wireless mouse - it may be the surface you're using it on, and actually the optical part, not the wireless, that's acting up. optical mice don't like reflective surfaces, and bathrooms are full of them. try a magazine or something as a mousepad.
Bingo

not sure if this has been discussed but i figure this would be the appropriate place to bring it up. My computer is slow and i need to download some antivirus/spyware protection. I hear norton is crap. any suggestions? prices? Any help is appreciated.