Wow What A Laydown.....

my point was that unless you are playing an idiot, I say check it down. Obviously if you can get someone to fold, by all means - I'm just shocked that there are people who play that poorly and I can never find them when I play online
Ever play a $4.40?Seriously, I've probably played hundreds of them by this point, and nothing surprises me anymore.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually doesn't matter if you're playing with idiots or not, I would never check that board. Like Beaver, said why go for a split pot?Do you see why?
I absolutely see why against a complete moron who you can get to fold - but against a solid player who knows hand rankings/how to read the board, I don't see the benefit of betting/shoving here because it's just going to get split. I mean worst case is you split the pot, best case you take it down alone.
I absolutely see why against a complete moron who you can get to fold - but against a solid player who knows hand rankings/how to read the board, I don't see the benefit of betting/shoving here because it's just going to get split. I mean worst case is you split the pot, best case you take it down alone.
Hell, they might misclick fold... there's always a benefit here. If there is any possibility of you winning the pot by betting when it's a split at showdown... well... I'm glad there are players who WOULDN'T bet here, but I'm not one of them.
Exactly why. If you don't get it by now, then nevermind.

I guess I just don't play against enough idiots - I know that with the group I play with, they wouldn't have missed this. if someone bet in front of me, I would absolutely call; if I checked and someone raised, I would absolutely call.

jopke? Please? It's not like you have to personally split the chips up if he does call, and even competent players misclick online, especially if they're playing multiple tables and happened to check the chk/fold button and then couldn't get it unchecked in time...
jopke? Please? It's not like you have to personally split the chips up if he does call, and even competent players misclick online, especially if they're playing multiple tables and happened to check the chk/fold button and then couldn't get it unchecked in time...
I mainly play live home games, not online - so my experience with online players is pretty limited, which is probably why I'm so shocked. Anytime I've played online, I haven't run into anyone that dumb...not to say they don't exist because obviously they do.
I guess I just don't play against enough idiots - I know that with the group I play with, they wouldn't have missed this. if someone bet in front of me, I would absolutely call; if I checked and someone raised, I would absolutely call.
Not to be rude and I'm def not trying to start a flame war, but if you don't see why it is +EV to bet here then you are one of them.
Not to be rude and I'm def not trying to start a flame war, but if you don't see why it is +EV to bet here then you are one of them.
no worries man, it's the internet!I guess I don't see why it is +EV against a solid player to bet into a split pot, so please, feel free to explain why it is.
no worries man, it's the internet!I guess I don't see why it is +EV against a solid player to bet into a split pot, so please, feel free to explain why it is.
This is going to get good....Seriously, if you can't see that if a solid player folds to a bet just once out of 1,000,000 times (For whatever reason) that it will be +EV....I'll let the professional FCP flamers continue...
Because there is NO chance that you can lose. No chance. None.Even if you're playing against the most solid player to have ever played, there is always a remote chance that you will win, whether it's a misclick or whatever... and win the pot.

okay, yeah that makes sense - true, there is always a chance that someone isn't paying attention or whatever.still new to poker, take it easy on the fish! :club:

The only reason you would ever consider checking in this situation is if it occured in a cash game and the maximum rake for the hand had not been achieved already. Since this occurs in a tournament, there is no rake, so you'll get back exactly what you put into the middle in the worst scenario.

The only reason you would ever consider checking in this situation is if it occured in a cash game and the maximum rake for the hand had not been achieved already. Since this occurs in a tournament, there is no rake, so you'll get back exactly what you put into the middle in the worst scenario.
I've never played anything except live home games and sparingly online, so this answer helps me understand it a bit better - thank you.

ANdromeda u ara ****ing retard and i hate you, u stupid baboon i want ur stars sn so i can play you heads up and take all ur money cause ura complete moron. Thanks

ANdromeda u ara ****ing retard and i hate you, u stupid baboon i want ur stars sn so i can play you heads up and take all ur money cause ura complete moron. Thanks
okay tough guy :club:
Ever play a $4.40?Seriously, I've probably played hundreds of them by this point, and nothing surprises me anymore.
Andro: read above.. Beaver already answered your question, but I'll spell it out: You are more likely to find Jessica Simpson at a book club meeting than solid players at your table in a $4.40.
do i need to go find the link where cardplayer reported that the board in a 10k event read AKQJT and 3 ppl went all in and beth shak and anothehr player folded?
We're talking about run-of-the-mill idiots, not trophy-wife idiots. There's a distinction, small tho it may be.oh and:[X] thread delivers.

I really doubt there was a misclick when i shoved on the river nor i think he had the box checked. I was first to act on the river so i stalled for about 5 seconds then shoveled, in return......he took about 10 seconds before folding. i was like OOOOH EEEEEEEEM GEEEEEEEEEE!

I really doubt there was a misclick when i shoved on the river nor i think he had the box checked. I was first to act on the river so i stalled for about 5 seconds then shoveled, in return......he took about 10 seconds before folding. i was like OOOOH EEEEEEEEM GEEEEEEEEEE!
I think there is a 1 in 5 chance your opponent in the hand has polluted this thread supporting checking the hand down... :club:
Well i decided to fire up some 4.40/180s to prep for the team challenge. Everyone who plays this sng on the norm knows that its filled with horrible players. And in this case (expample below) some people dont even know the strengths of hands, what beats what.. LOLMOds, feel free to close. i just thought i'd share this b/c i LOL'dPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)BB (t1500)UTG (t1470)UTG+1 (t2020)Hero (t1460)MP2 (t1330)MP3 (t1360)CO (t1310)Button (t1570)SB (t1480)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with jh.gif, as.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to t100, 1 fold, MP3 calls t100, 4 folds.Flop: (t230) qd.gif, qs.gif, qc.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP3 bets t80, Hero calls t80.Turn: (t390) ah.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP3 checks.River: (t390) qh.gif(2 players)Hero bets t1280 (All-In), MP3 folds.Final Pot: t-890
i always bet board straights.. its funny how many people fold.