Wow What A Laydown.....

Well i decided to fire up some 4.40/180s to prep for the team challenge. Everyone who plays this sng on the norm knows that its filled with horrible players. And in this case (expample below) some people dont even know the strengths of hands, what beats what.. LOLMOds, feel free to close. i just thought i'd share this b/c i LOL'dPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)BB (t1500)UTG (t1470)UTG+1 (t2020)Hero (t1460)MP2 (t1330)MP3 (t1360)CO (t1310)Button (t1570)SB (t1480)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with jh.gif, as.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to t100, 1 fold, MP3 calls t100, 4 folds.Flop: (t230) qd.gif, qs.gif, qc.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP3 bets t80, Hero calls t80.Turn: (t390) ah.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP3 checks.River: (t390) qh.gif(2 players)Hero bets t1280 (All-In), MP3 folds.Final Pot: t-890

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we're at it, why didn't you bet turn? You thought he would call anything on the river with his lower PP?
re-read the hand, he obv. played it perfectly.. He bets the turn he gets no fold-equity on the river.DUH.

granted that was just RETARDED but why not just check it down? Or were you hoping on the complete idiocraty of this table?only thing I can think of is that he thought you had a better kicker not realizing that the board carried an Ace and he would've split the pot.either way, jeebus - why can't I find players like that!!!

granted that was just RETARDED but why not just check it down? Or were you hoping on the complete idiocraty of this table?only thing I can think of is that he thought you had a better kicker not realizing that the board carried an Ace and he would've split the pot.either way, jeebus - why can't I find players like that!!!
Standard move to shove when board plays in low limit tournies for me...you'll get a lot of folds.
5bb raise with aj os from middle position :club:
Also, pretty standard in a $4.40, like srsly. Have you ever played them? The play is absolutely atrocious.
So not the same then.
I didn't say it was the same, hence why I added "but it was 4 Aces on board and a Q". And the This happened to me the other night part was about having the same type of board as the OP. Hope this clarifies it for you better. lol
I didn't say it was the same, hence why I added "but it was 4 Aces on board and a Q". And the This happened to me the other night part was about having the same type of board as the OP. Hope this clarifies it for you better. lol
It wasn't the same type of board as the OP. If he had called you with a King you would have lost, whereas in the OP the best possible hand was out there...
Why would you ever check down the nuts??????? Mark
because in this instance, you BOTH have the nuts and unless you are apparently playing with this donkey (villain, not hero), it's a split pot. The A on the turn kills all hands and makes everyone play the board.
because in this instance, you BOTH have the nuts and unless you are apparently playing with this donkey (villain, not hero), it's a split pot. The A on the turn kills all hands and makes everyone play the board.
Pretty sure you meant the Q on the river, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.And why not bet w/ the nuts on the board? I'd rather have a chance at taking the entire pot than always splitting? If you're opponent is stupid enough to fold when the nuts are on the board.... are you following me?
Exactly, why check if the board plays? There is always a chance you get someone to lay it down because they're idiots (most are idiots in the $4.40s) or a misclick fold.Do you see why?

my point was that unless you are playing an idiot, I say check it down. Obviously if you can get someone to fold, by all means - I'm just shocked that there are people who play that poorly and I can never find them when I play online

Pretty sure you meant the Q on the river, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
no, I meant the A on the turn - the Q on the river gives quads which still leaves a kicker, and since there's a A on the board, that's the kicker. unless there is no kicker for quads (never run into quads let alone quad vs. quad)
my point was that unless you are playing an idiot, I say check it down. Obviously if you can get someone to fold, by all means - I'm just shocked that there are people who play that poorly and I can never find them when I play online
It actually doesn't matter if you're playing with idiots or not, I would never check that board. Like Beaver, said why go for a split pot?Do you see why?