Mitchell Report

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Pujols isnt in there, I'll be happy.I'll be upset if ARod is in there, but it wouldnt devestate me.Pujols would devestate me though.
Pujols has been the one that is worrying me...I really hope his name doesn't pop up. However some people that I do have questions about like Ortiz and Man-Ram probably won't be listed on there. Mitchell has part ownership in the Red Sox so I highly doubt we will see any Red Sox on that list. Makes you wonder about the Yankees though.
Pujols has been the one that is worrying me...I really hope his name doesn't pop up. However some people that I do have questions about like Ortiz and Man-Ram probably won't be listed on there. Mitchell has part ownership in the Red Sox so I highly doubt we will see any Red Sox on that list. Makes you wonder about the Yankees though.
No Red Sox would be bullshit. Because I'd bet my left nut that Ortiz has juiced, Manny too. I have no proof, but I'd be willing to bet they have. I am sure a lot of Yankees have, but if there are no Red Sox in there, I'm calling BS on the whole thing.
No Red Sox would be bullshit. Because I'd bet my left nut that Ortiz has juiced, Manny too. I have no proof, but I'd be willing to bet they have. I am sure a lot of Yankees have, but if there are no Red Sox in there, I'm calling BS on the whole thing.
Well like I said, Senator Mitchell has an ownership stake in the Red Sox and I'm sure he will look out for his investment and not do anything that might tarnish it.So don't expect any Red Sox players to be on the list.
Well like I said, Senator Mitchell has an ownership stake in the Red Sox and I'm sure he will look out for his investment and not do anything that might tarnish it.So don't expect any Red Sox players to be on the list.
I'd love to a.) claim that he can keep his business interests and his duties separate and b.) that no Red Sox will be on that list anyway, but I can't back up the former with anything and supporting the latter would be naive at this point.I am expecting Red Sox to turn up on the list - but players from the 90's. The two major sources I've heard about are Jose Canseco and the former Mets clubhouse attendant. Canseco played on the Sox in the mid-90's and I'm sure he'll have no qualms selling those guys out. I get the impression that the major source for recent goings on is this clubhouse attendant. Since the Sox make it to Shea so rarely, not too many members of the current championship team will have had much contact with him. So, depending on how much this guy was relied on, absence of current Sox players may not be unexpected, evidence of Mitchell's impropriety, or evidence of a conspiracy/cover-up.As for Ortiz and Ramirez, I feel they are clean. Manny especially. Everything I've seen points to him being an extraordinary talent with unparalleled work ethic. Of course, who knows?While we're throwing names around...I'm expecting Clemens to be on that list. I'll laugh my ass off if Jeter's there. I hope Hillenbrand's on it because he's a world-class jerk off.

I don't see Jeter, A-Rod or Manny being juiced, I think they are all-world talents and have been for quite some time. I think out of the ones mentioned in this thread Ortiz is the name that springs to mind most. I think his career path with that sudden uptick is peculiar out of all the big names that were mentioned here. I hope not though because I like him.

I don't see Jeter, A-Rod or Manny being juiced, I think they are all-world talents and have been for quite some time. I think out of the ones mentioned in this thread Ortiz is the name that springs to mind most. I think his career path with that sudden uptick is peculiar out of all the big names that were mentioned here. I hope not though because I like him.
I agree, the sudden surge for Ortiz in Boston makes me suspicious. I dont like Manny, but will admit he has always been a stud. So he's either always been using or never. Jeter the same. ARod pretty much the same, though some have said he's gained muscle over the years, unnaturally. Nothing would surprise me any more though.
Ortiz average a home run once every 18.8 at bats in his last two years in Minnesota. That's a great ratio, especially for someone who wasn't playing everyday. To paraphrase his words, he has said that Minnesota wanted him to hit like a bitch, slapping singles to the opposite field. Boston gave him playing time and fomented his power hitting approach. I don't see anything suspicious there.

Manny will be on that list when Griffey is on it. In other words, never. It's my understanding that Manny has never been under any suspicion of any kind as far as performance-enhancing substances.

Albert Belle. Frank Thomas. Roger Clemens. I'm 99% sure Clemens is a juicer, 80% sure Belle is, and about 40% sure Thomas is. I just mention Thomas because nobody else has, and I really don't want to see his name.
Funny story about Belle. My uncle is an attorney and one of the partners in his firm was Belle's lawyer. MLB had Belle on gambling ON BASEBALL in the 90's but didn't want to go thru another Rose scandal so they swept it under the rug if he agreed to shape up.

The names are possibly leaked:http://www.wnbc.com/sports/14845845/detail.htmlThe list includes former MVP's Barry Bonds, Albert Pujols, Jason Giambi and Ivan Rodriguez. Former sluggers Juan Gonzalez, Albert Belle and Jeff Bagwell. The list contains two sets of brothers: Jose and Ozzie Canseco and Aaron and Bret Boone. The list includes several heralded pitcuers, including Cy Young award winner Roger Clemen.#Brady Anderson#Manny Alexander#Rick Ankiel#Jeff Bagwell#Barry Bonds#Aaron Boone#Rafael Bettancourt#Bret Boone#Milton Bradley#David Bell#Dante Bichette#Albert Belle#Paul Byrd#Wil Cordero#Ken Caminiti#Mike Cameron#Ramon Castro#Jose Canseco#Ozzie Canseco#Roger Clemens#Paxton Crawford#Wilson Delgado#Lenny Dykstra#Johnny Damon#Carl Everett#Kyle Farnsworth#Ryan Franklin#Troy Glaus#Rich Garces#Jason Grimsley#Juan Gonzalez#Eric Gagne#Nomar Garciaparra#Jason Giambi#Jeremy Giambi#Jose Guillen#Jay Gibbons#Juan Gonzalez#Clay Hensley#Jerry Hairston#Felix Heredia, Jr.#Darren Holmes#Wally Joyner#Darryl Kile#Matt Lawton#Raul Mondesi#Mark McGwire#Guillermo Mota#Robert Machado#Damian Moss#Abraham Nunez#Trot Nixon#Jose Offerman#Andy Pettitte#Mark Prior#Neifi Perez#Rafael Palmiero#Albert Pujols#Brian Roberts#Juan Rincon#John Rocker#Pudge Rodriguez#Sammy Sosa#Scott Sc hoenweiis#David Segui#Alex Sanchez#Gary Sheffield#Miguel Tejada#Julian Tavarez#Fernando Tatis#Maurice Vaughn#Jason Varitek#Ismael Valdez#Matt Williams#Kerry Wood