Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)SB ($99.45)BB ($50)UTG ($28)MP ($44.50)Hero ($56.30)Button ($25.20)Preflop: Hero is CO with A :club: , J :D . 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, Button calls $1.75, 1 fold, BB calls $1.25.Flop: ($5.50) 5 :) , 4 :D , 9 :)(3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: ($5.50) 8 :D(3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.River: ($5.50) 5 :D(3 players)BB bets $5.5, Hero raises to $15, Button folds, BB raises to $53.75 (All-In), Hero calls $33.25.Final Pot: $102no reads on bb, button is very loose so i chose not to cbet the flop. does anyone play it differently?

standard
but why aren't we c-betting or betting turn. we have no clue where we are at. me thinks this is something like 56s or A5s or a boat. honestly what else could it be?
C-bet the flop, 100% of the time here.
I agree with betting the turn, but if he has a read that the loose button player is raising his cbets, I don't mind checking the flop.Bet the turn, and instacall the river. He almost always has a worse flush. I guess he could have turned a set of eights and went for a check raise, but this is almost always a weaker flush imo.
but why aren't we c-betting or betting turn. we have no clue where we are at. me thinks this is something like 56s or A5s or a boat. honestly what else could it be?
smaller flush, straight, trips. our hand looks like air.

Don't worry about it, the guy played the hand so god awful that (as usual of the poker gods) he got your money.Usually, playing his hand this way is just going to get him in heaps of trouble.

at least we know where we stand
You're really discounting how weak our hand actually looks here and the fact that it widens his range so significantly that it's really a snap call on the river there.Our hand is strong enough to be less concerned about his hand on a lot of levels. We beat everything but a full house here. I'm not gonna feel too bad getting my money in considering how the hand has played out. I expect to see one of the other hands I named often enough to make this profitable.
You're really discounting how weak our hand actually looks here and the fact that it widens his range so significantly that it's really a snap call on the river there.Our hand is strong enough to be less concerned about his hand on a lot of levels. We beat everything but a full house here. I'm not gonna feel too bad getting my money in considering how the hand has played out. I expect to see one of the other hands I named often enough to make this profitable.
i would discount a straight out of the range. i would say trips/lower flush is 60% to 40% for a fh maybe even less on the fh so I suppose it's profitable as well.