Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)SB ($12.35)BB ($49.25)UTG ($81.60)MP ($60.15)Hero ($42.90)Button ($52.30)Preflop: Hero is CO with A :D , A :D . 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25.Flop: ($5.25) K :club: , 3 :D , Q :D(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4, SB folds, BB raises to $14BB is a nit playing 10/7 thru 70 hands. With these stats I would expect him to be folding KQo to my raise and calling KQs out of the BB. So what is his range on this flop and how do we fare against it?

That's really not a lot of hands and he could just be getting really bad cards. It sounds from your read like you're putting him exactly on a set. If you're that confident that he never has KJ/JT/QJ or anything that you beat here, then you can fold. I wouldn't be so quick to let go of the hand here.

That's really not a lot of hands and he could just be getting really bad cards. It sounds from your read like you're putting him exactly on a set. If you're that confident that he never has KJ/JT/QJ or anything that you beat here, then you can fold. I wouldn't be so quick to let go of the hand here.
i do agree it could be KJ, JT or QJi decided to call the flop and reevaluate on the turn.The turn was a 10 and he shoved for the size of the pot, about 33.50.if i were to assume his range is QQ+,33,KJ,JT,QJ,KQ my equity is 61% on the turn and it makes it an easy call. If I include that range but only the suited KJ, JT, QJ,and KQ my equity is 41% and i need only 33% so again an easy call. can we assume these ranges? and would you call?
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)SB ($12.35)BB ($49.25)UTG ($81.60)MP ($60.15)Hero ($42.90)Button ($52.30)Preflop: Hero is CO with A :D , A :D . 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25.Flop: ($5.25) K :club: , 3 :D , Q :D(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4, SB folds, BB raises to $14BB is a nit playing 10/7 thru 70 hands. With these stats I would expect him to be folding KQo to my raise and calling KQs out of the BB. So what is his range on this flop and how do we fare against it?
I think I would shove and take my medicine. Would a nit smooth call a raise and a call out of the BB with KK QQ? Wouldn't he likewise fold KQ?
i do agree it could be KJ, JT or QJi decided to call the flop and reevaluate on the turn.The turn was a 10 and he shoved for the size of the pot, about 33.50.if i were to assume his range is QQ+,33,KJ,JT,QJ,KQ my equity is 61% on the turn and it makes it an easy call. If I include that range but only the suited KJ, JT, QJ,and KQ my equity is 41% and i need only 33% so again an easy call. can we assume these ranges? and would you call?
I play it exactly like you, calling his reraise on the flop.After he shoves the turn, you can be almost 100% certain you are up against KQ or 33, IMO nothing else plays like that. Personally, I think it is KQ a little bit more often than 33, but they're very close to equally likely. You've shown him that you're interested in playing the hand further out, and he wants you to do so also, for your entire stack :club: I think including QJ, J10, and KJ against a nit with how this hand has played out is a little ridiculous. Perhaps on the flop that is possible, but now with the turn action, I think you have to narrow his range. I hate putting someone on one or two hands, but I think this is always 33 or KQ without a real read.You don't really have the pot odds to draw out on either, so I'd puke and time out.
i fold KQo out of the blinds most of the time unless I have a specific reason for doing something else. I play about 18/16, I would expect a 10/7 to be folding it most of the time too.
Like Acid said though, that is a pretty small amount of hands, he could just have been being card dead. To assume he's folding KQ out of the blinds is a somewhat bad line of thought in my opinion. And obviously, he's not folding KQs after the sb calls.

I fold the turn when he shoves. I'd call the flop raise though.I feel like 18/16 is pretty freaking tight. 10/7 is just a losing player.I think I run around 24/19 for the record.

I fold the turn when he shoves. I'd call the flop raise though.I feel like 18/16 is pretty freaking tight. 10/7 is just a losing player.I think I run around 24/19 for the record.
i try to get it higher but i just don't know how many more hands i can add.here's my ranges by position:UTG: 22+,AJ+,KQMP: same plus KJ, QJs, ATs,JTs,T9s,CO: add A5s+,A7o+,any suited connector down to 56, any suited one gap down to 68, JTo,QJo,KToButton: any suited ace,A5o+, any off suit connector down to 78, any two broadway, suited 2 gap down to T7,a suited K every once in a while.I'm sure theres more but you get the idea. I wonder about this a lot. This is the guide I pretty much used through 20k hans of 25nl and it put me at 16/13. I don't know if I just ran bad or I need to be playing even more hands than this.Here were my stats by position.UTG: 12/11.6MP: 13.02/11.72CO: 17.19/15.4Button: 24.3/20.93

I raise a ton of hands and feel comfortable playing from OOP against weaker players for the most part. Basically, in the CO or OTB, I'm gonna raise any 2 reasonable cards, including 45o until one of the blinds or the button shows me that it's not going to be profitable to do so.I think you should be raising more depending on the feel of the table as opposed to rigid "I'm gonna raise X to Y range from UTG and X to Z range from the button" kind of things.If they fold to you on the button and you're raising your mix of usual hands and nobody is calling, add more hands. The same with the CO. The same with UTG. Until the table shows you that they're gonna make it unprofitable for you to raise these hands, you should be raising as much as possible.At some tables, I'll run at 32/25 over a hundred or more hands if nobody's gonna do anything about it.

There is no optimal number. A nit and a LAG can both be winning players.
A nit is unlikely to be a winning player in any game where players are paying attention. Thankfully at lower limits, these people are few and far between.
i try to get it higher but i just don't know how many more hands i can add.here's my ranges by position:UTG: 22+,AJ+,KQMP: same plus KJ, QJs, ATs,JTs,T9s,CO: add A5s+,A7o+,any suited connector down to 56, any suited one gap down to 68, JTo,QJo,KToButton: any suited ace,A5o+, any off suit connector down to 78, any two broadway, suited 2 gap down to T7,a suited K every once in a while.I'm sure theres more but you get the idea. I wonder about this a lot. This is the guide I pretty much used through 20k hans of 25nl and it put me at 16/13. I don't know if I just ran bad or I need to be playing even more hands than this.Here were my stats by position.UTG: 12/11.6MP: 13.02/11.72CO: 17.19/15.4Button: 24.3/20.93
I think you're pretty formulaic. You should open up your game more, identify weak players and exploit their weaknesses more.
I think you're pretty formulaic. You should open up your game more, identify weak players and exploit their weaknesses more.
But that's not necessarily a bad thing for low limit players online. Right around 50max is when people start to figure out how to play, so after that you're really going to have to start to worry about playing with people more often than just playing like a robot.