B-hop Vs Calzaghe.

Its not signed and sealed yet but its pretty much a formality now that they will fight. I predict the papars for this fight will be signed before the end of this month from what i heard off Frank Warren today. Plus what Warren was saying was pretty much backed up by golden boy.Were sending another 1 over to you with an unbeaten record.I'll stand by my man again lol and say Calzaghe will win...after all, he isnt fighting PBF is he haha. :club: I like Hopkins though but Calzaghe is good...did lacey with ease and totally out classed that manfredo pretender..sorry "contender. Stood his ground to a much younger Kessler the other week too.Only thing is Joe' spent his entire career at super middle, will the move up in weight affect him?

• 4 months later...

Decent fight, but it wasn't incredible. Joe didn't bring as many fans to Vegas as Hatton did, but I was impressed. Hopkins deserves an award for that act in the beginning of the 10th round. Still, he showed he can still fight at 43.Who's Calzaghe next opponent: Kelly Pavlik or Roy Jones? I'm leaning towards Jones, but, whoever he picks, it'd be great to watch.

Decent fight, but it wasn't incredible. Joe didn't bring as many fans to Vegas as Hatton did, but I was impressed. Hopkins deserves an award for that act in the beginning of the 10th round. Still, he showed he can still fight at 43.Who's Calzaghe next opponent: Kelly Pavlik or Roy Jones? I'm leaning towards Jones, but, whoever he picks, it'd be great to watch.
I heard Jones interviewed, and he said he was going to box Calzaghe if he beat Hopkins. I love Bernard Hopkins, he's my favorite boxer of the past 10 years. It's been a wonder he's been fighting this long, and I'll miss him when he's gone. He's so candid, so open and honest and funny in interviews.
Boxing is dead. Burial or cremation?
Very ethnnocentric view. boxing is still incredibly popular world wide, and while it's popularity in the US is waning, I'd say the last couple years in boxing have been the best in a long, long time. The problem for US popularity is that A) the US public loves heavy weights, dopes that they are and B) there are no good US heavy weights and none on the horizon. But the sport is doing just fine world wide.

It was a decent fight and I think Calzaghe just edged it. I couldn't be bothered with Hopkins excuses afterwards though.

Calzaghe wasn't as impressive as most people expected though was he. Not 1 sane Calzaghe fan can stand up and say they weren't worried as that descision was read out. When i 1st watched the fight i saw it in a whole different vision to the next time i watched it. I thought Hopkins had knicked it but i watched it replayed the other day and Hopkins just didnt throw anything to follow up.Calzaghe was lucky though....only say this because it was in Vegas. In Cardif i'd of never doubted the result but in vegas the descisions can be a bit f*cked up. Look at Lewis Holyfield 1. Sick descision.Hopkins was landing the punches that set you up. He then wasn't following up on that and his work rate wa poor, because of this it is no wonder Calzaghe managed to land more on him than anyone else ever has. Slaps or not, punches score points. All in all though i was disapointed with the fight but that credit goes to Hopkins for his spoiling tactics....controlled the fight for about 2 3rds, how he wanted it to go. So i can't be too disapointed really because i always knew it would bge a messy, scrappy bout. I just expected Calzaghe to deal with Hopkins much better. Hopkins needs to call it a day now...Calzaghe ought to be thinking along them lines too. Not really much left out there for him now. He missed to parade long ago...all thats left is paydays. Theres no glory and i'll always look at his career as an inflated record. Unbeaten but he aint really fought the fights to be beaten.A younger Roy jones would have had Joe, a younger Hopkins would of had Joe. He's done well to not fight them till now. But whose he think hes kidding.

I agree Calzaghe records does seem a bit inflated. At least he has fought and beat some big names such as Kesler, Lacy and Hopkins. His unbeaten record is certainly a lot "cleaner" than Sven Ottke's!