Trip Report St. Louis

So for Christmas my girlfriend and I got her mom, her 2 bros and their significant others tickets to the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert today. We left for St. Louis early hoping to hit the malls and get a little last minute Christmas shopping done to finish up. The weather was terrible and it took twice as long to get there so we just decided to go to Union Station and wait for everyone else. Turns out everyone else was having the same problem (we were all coming from 3 different directions) so we all didn't actually meet up until 2:00 and the concert started at 3:00. So instead of a nice sit down meal we all settled for the food court (I had sabbaro's pizza and it was delicious) so we could make the concert in time. We walked to the Scott Trade center (where the blues play) and make the concert 3 min before they start. I didn’t know how good the seats would be as I just got best available with 7 together when I ordered them, turns out we were 7 rows up cattycornered to the stage ( like 20 -30 feet away) The concert was AWESOME!! It was by far one of the best concert experiences I've ever had. If you guys haven't seen them you should def go it you ever get the chance. Words cannot describe how unbelievable of a performance it was. Needless to say we all had a really good time. After the concert, we say our goodbyes everyone leaves for home and I go to Harrah's (as I don't have a final until Monday night). I walk in put my name on the list for $1/$2 NL and as I'm next on the list my phone rings, its my gf. Apparently the weather is going to get much worse, so after much contemplation I decide I need to drive home so I don't get stuck here and miss my final. Good thing too, as I get back into Rolla the fog is starting to get really heavy and precipitation is starting to fall again not to mention it is 26 degrees... ice is imminent. Anyway, I had a really good time and the concert was well worth it, I highly recommend them to everyone. That’s pretty much it, I really need to go study now. Good Luck everyone.

trans siberian orchestra is def a must see around this time, very good show and a lot of fun, i guess being from rolla you didnt really care much for the other stuff the city has to offer as youve probably experienced it.

I was talking to a friend yesterday, asked him where he was watching the Pats/Steelers game, and he told me he was going to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Scottrade Center. My first question to him was "did you lose a bet?" Second question "is your wife making you?" Third and final question "Is somebody going to be fisting you during the show?" I have no idea what the Trans Siberian Orchestra is, but it sounds unbearable. I am glad the OP enjoyed the show. As a sidenote, and if you are male, really, Pats/Steelers or Trans Siberian Orchestra. Just wow.And you didn't get to the top of the arch, the brewery, East STL. You missed all of the great sites in our town. And what did you think about the gloom and doom of the impending ice storm. Our local media played it up like it was the second coming of the apocolypse, and of course it turns out to be mountains and molehills. Freaking weathermen.

I was talking to a friend yesterday, asked him where he was watching the Pats/Steelers game, and he told me he was going to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Scottrade Center. My first question to him was "did you lose a bet?" Second question "is your wife making you?" Third and final question "Is somebody going to be fisting you during the show?" I have no idea what the Trans Siberian Orchestra is, but it sounds unbearable. I am glad the OP enjoyed the show. As a sidenote, and if you are male, really, Pats/Steelers or Trans Siberian Orchestra. Just wow.And you didn't get to the top of the arch, the brewery, East STL. You missed all of the great sites in our town. And what did you think about the gloom and doom of the impending ice storm. Our local media played it up like it was the second coming of the apocolypse, and of course it turns out to be mountains and molehills. Freaking weathermen.
I understand your feelings on this. I too am an avid sports fan and love sunday football (even when the rams suck) and never thought I would go to an orchestra concert over sports. When Trans Siberian Orchestra first started becoming popular I was reluctant as well but when I heard on of their songs, I was hooked. I also play a little guitar and if you don't know they mix classical orchestra compositions with electric violin, and electric guitars and they fricking shred. I've seen alot of musicians and know alot of people that a good at guitar but these guys are amazing, you should just give them a chance. I would recommend listening to Wish Lizst, Christmas Cannon Rock, or Wizard in Winter before you make your decision. You may not like them, but I think they are really good and different.As for the sights of STL, I'm from southeast MO and go to college in Rolla, so I've pretty much seen and done it all in STL. The arch and brewery are fine and all but my fav trips to STL were My first Cardinals game. the last game at old Busch, the first game at new Busch, and what should have been the clinch game for the World Series. I also love going to blues games but have only been to a pre season rams game. BTW Ted Drewes is the NUTZ
I understand your feelings on this. I too am an avid sports fan and love sunday football (even when the rams suck) and never thought I would go to an orchestra concert over sports. When Trans Siberian Orchestra first started becoming popular I was reluctant as well but when I heard on of their songs, I was hooked. I also play a little guitar and if you don't know they mix classical orchestra compositions with electric violin, and electric guitars and they fricking shred. I've seen alot of musicians and know alot of people that a good at guitar but these guys are amazing, you should just give them a chance. I would recommend listening to Wish Lizst, Christmas Cannon Rock, or Wizard in Winter before you make your decision. You may not like them, but I think they are really good and different.As for the sights of STL, I'm from southeast MO and go to college in Rolla, so I've pretty much seen and done it all in STL. The arch and brewery are fine and all but my fav trips to STL were My first Cardinals game. the last game at old Busch, the first game at new Busch, and what should have been the clinch game for the World Series. I also love going to blues games but have only been to a pre season rams game. BTW Ted Drewes is the NUTZ
Hey, good on ya' for being a kid from the SEMO making it work in Mizzou-ri. Too bad our Tigers choked it out. Blah.Anyway, keep up the good work and feel free to rant and post with other midwestern poker players at my spot.RuntCakewww.lifesabluff.com
Our local media played it up like it was the second coming of the apocolypse, and of course it turns out to be mountains and molehills.
Technically, for it to be the SECOND coming of the Apocalypse, we would need to have a first one, and to have a first one, we wouldn't be here anymore.