Daniels Chip Reese Blog

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...&ucat=&Thanks for sharing your experience at the funeral. It sounded like a wonderful celebration of Chip's life.The strange thing about funerals (for me anyway) are that they are so life affirming and grounding. Most often folks are left with their life radars re-adjusted as to just what really is most important while we are alive, how precious life is...all of the other BS goes by the wayside. And the get togethers after funerals often times yield some of the most rewarding reunions. Reconnecting with extended family and old friends, hearing all the great old stories, etc.Condolences again to his family and may all the great memories soon erase the sorrow. :club:

I went to two funerals in the last couple weeks.Both of them were Christians and the Blessed Hope talked about in the Bible sure makes it easier to deal with their loss.I also realized that I had a person with a lot to give that I didn't take advantage of because I let trivial things get in the way of what is really important, relationships with good people. Now that he is gone I am not able to fix that wrong.But I don't have to let it happen again. Hope this gives us all an opportunity to think about what our priorities should be.And not let the urgent drive out the important.

Nice blog Daniel. I think that it tells a lot about someone if they do not have bad words about anyone. There are very few people in the world who are like that. I imagine in the poker world, it is extremely rare.Again my condolences to Chips family.

Lifes to short, enjoy everyday. My prayers go out to the Reese family and all his friends. Im attending my girlfriends brothers funeral tommorow. He died in his sleep at the age of 45...way too young.

Nice blog Daniel. Thank you for sharing. I sat back to back with Chip in a WSOP event a few years back. It was a big tourney and we had a tight section, throught the day I must have bumped his seat like 10 times. He couldn't have been nicer about it, telling me not to worry about it everytime and even cracking jokes. That's the only interaction I ever had with him but you can just tell he was nothing but stand up guy. RIP Chip...

Chip obviously went out of his way to avoid the publicity of poker, however the little I saw of him made it quite clear he was a good man. It was still strangely upsetting to hear of his passing though as he was a complete stranger. Daniel's desription of his funeral fills in the blanks and shows that quality in people will always shine through.A huge loss to many more than he would've suspected.Condolences to his family and friends.

A funeral is not really for who passed away, it's for those still alive and they always make me stop and think about the direction of my own life, as they should.RIP Chip

My friend that went to the funeral said Bobby Baldwin's speech changed his life, I heard from a couple other people that it was really good. Yet no one told me what he said so I have no clue...
Mr. Baldwin is "The Man" anything he has to say is worth listening to.

Coming up on the anniversary of my dad's death (Christmas time). I'm always thinking about it this time of year.The best way to remember a good man is to take his best qualities and practice them in your own life. Then in some small way he never dies.

I also realized that I had a person with a lot to give that I didn't take advantage of because I let trivial things get in the way of what is really important, relationships with good people. Now that he is gone I am not able to fix that wrong.But I don't have to let it happen again. Hope this gives us all an opportunity to think about what our priorities should be.And not let the urgent drive out the important.
Well said. Too many people let trivial differences or misunderstandings ruin what can be a great relationship. Easy to lose sight of what is truly important when we are constantly getting tied up with our own problems.