Shortstack Allin

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t100/t2009 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t2028UTG+1: t7983MP1: t4613MP2: t1329MP3: t3510CO: t2385Hero: t8101SB: t4701BB: t1845Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with 9 :) 9 :D3 folds, MP2 raises all-in t1329, 2 folds, Hero calls t1329 (pot was t1629), 2 folds.Flop: 5 :club: 4 :) 2 :D (t2958, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t2958)Turn: 7 :D (t2958, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t2958)River: 5 :D (t2958, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t2958)Results:Final pot: t2958MP2 showed Td TsI decided to call, but thinking about it afterwards i really wasn't so sure if it was the right move. Sure he could've had a lower pair that i had dominated, but he could have a higher pair and have me dominated, and in all other scenarios it was only gonna be about a coinflip.In these kind of scenarios what is your calling range against a shortstack? Sure you can miss the chips, but it is a bunch of chips and it's likely just a coinflip anyway...

This is a pretty easy call/I probably iso raise over the blinds as well.His range is so ridiculously wide here with under 7bbs, like any ace/face card he's prob shoving. So this time he had TT, next time he could have 55 or A4s or K8o.

I think you have to reraise to isolate here, you don't want to give the SB tempting odds to come along for the ride.I wouldn't even consider not playing the 99 against shortie with the size of your stack here. This is exactly the kind of opportunity you need to take advantage of in an MTT to build your stack.

Ok thanks for your answers. I've been calling with medium pairs already when shortstacks went allin in the FCP sat :club: though i ran into AA and lost a coinflip... But yeah it's right to call.